rllmuk
Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

I’ve been trying that! I mustn’t have the timing right.

It is quite tricky to be honest. Good tip is to take armour etc off to get yourself light - makes the timing window a little more generous.

Is the jump automatic? Sometimes I seem to do flying leaps as I run along, the only jump I know is the jumping sword chop.

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Zok clearly didn't watch my guide. :hmm:

I’ve watched five of them! You do speak very quickly though.

• Upvote 1

What well? 

Also, at some point I came back to FLS after killing a boss and someone was snoring, but I couldn't find anyone asleep. 

I died.

But I did find the forge, that’s made a difference!

12 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Go up the steps towards the graveyard. 

Hmm... I'm sure I've looked round there... 

3 hours ago, APM said:

Hmm... I'm sure I've looked round there... 

Spoiler for location. 

Spoiler

Do you know where that little pool of water is just up the steps at FLS? If you heard snoring, it'll be coming from there. 

Daughters of Ash run continues.. Will I have done enough to be able to get to Anor Londo?!?!

(for the newbie Dark Souls bros, this is a cool remix mod that's significantly changed the progress through the game and it's great!)

• Upvote 1

On 14/07/2020 at 10:12, APM said:

OK. I've just started it, too, and this is what I did. 

Hide contents

When you walk in, immediately climb the ladder to your right to get on top of the tower. Kill the archers up there. Wait for him to be underneath you, then do a drop attack - drop on him and it's r1 as you're about to hit him. That takes off about half his health. Then back away up the walkway. Wait for him to smash the ground then roll in on him, hit him twice, then roll out the way. Rinse and repeat. He should be dead in a few hits. If you can get past him, you can always climb back up the tower and do the drop attack again. Also, make sure you have some firebombs, and whilst backing away lob them at him. Another tip is don't wear any armour. Just have your sword equipped as you will run and roll faster allowing you to dart in and hit him quicker. Also, dual hand wield your sword to do more damage. 

I started following this, but totally cheesed it.

After I jumped down the demon seemed to get stuck on the ladder, and I just merrily chopped away at its ankles unopposed until it dropped dead.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I started following this, but totally cheesed it.

After I jumped down the demon seemed to get stuck on the ladder, and I just merrily chopped away at its ankles unopposed until it dropped dead.

Whatever works! Onwards! 

I've hit something of an impasse at the moment. I've got to Sen's Tower or whatever it's called.

Spoiler

I killed the fiery spider easily enough and rang the second bell and Sen's Tower opened. I've gone there, killed the serpent guards but am now stuck on a narrow walkway with some dick firing lightning at me and another serpent guard blocking the way and loads of bloody pendulums swinging. I keep getting hit by the lightning guy and then twatted by the guard. I try to lure him back to fight him but get stunned by lighting and killed whilst waiting for the pendulums. I just can't seem to figure out what to do.

You're going then right way, certainly. I normally tank up to the sparky guy, taking my time. Have you got any ranged options? Even a throwing knife might aggro one of them. 

1 hour ago, APM said:

I've got to Sen's Tower or whatever it's called.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, APM said:

I've hit something of an impasse at the moment. I've got to Sen's Tower or whatever it's called.

Hide contents

I killed the fiery spider easily enough and rang the second bell and Sen's Tower opened. I've gone there, killed the serpent guards but am now stuck on a narrow walkway with some dick firing lightning at me and another serpent guard blocking the way and loads of bloody pendulums swinging. I keep getting hit by the lightning guy and then twatted by the guard. I try to lure him back to fight him but get stunned by lighting and killed whilst waiting for the pendulums. I just can't seem to figure out what to do.

You’re about where my gf is up to. She dealt with that bit by just running past the first blades, fast enough not to get hit by the lightning, then shield blocking the serpent guy that’s in the way, while locked on, and sort of shuffling past him really close, then reversing past the final blade while still locked on! It was teeth gnashingly precarious but kind of worked.

Of course the badass thing to do would be to parry him...

Spoiler

OH BOY!

So, let's start with New Londo Ruins.

Feeling good about myself for working out the dumb ghost killing trick I smashed my first curse and waded in. I say waded in because I fell off sunken ledges multiple times collecting treasures and avoiding ghost attacks until I got inside the church building. I like this area a lot. I also relaxed when I found the dude selling Transient Curses and bought about 400 of the fuckers to alleviate the running out anxiousness. This area also gave me another mind blown moment when I drained the water and opened the giant door leading to ... the fucken Valley of Drakes!? WTF. At this point I made a vow to search out a 3D holographic map of the game once this thing is done. This door opening revelation made the apparent lack of bonfire more tolerable (I mean, I assume I didn't miss a bonfire here as I spent about five hours charging into walls) as it meant I could rest at Lower Darkroot to get back quicker.

Does anyone want to buy 383 Transient Curses?

This whole next section was super atmospheric and eerie and kinda demonic so I wasn't too surprised to find myself fighting a giant black blob of sick that was itself being sick, onto me. Now, I did die once by falling off the bottom of the steps into the Abyss, but it was an accident because I did actually pay attention to the church roof dude that I made rich from earlier and I knew I needed to wear the special ring I got (from the Wolf?). And on the second attempt I also killed the Four Kings, even though I counted five of them, giving me another cool soul. I thought the Lordvessel only needed the three souls I already had, based on the three locations it showed me, but I guess not.

After warping back to Firelink, levelling the fuck up (I crushed ALL the souls I was carrying and made it to Level 104): I WAS REAADY.

Idiot snake head dude wasn't though. I waited fucking ages to see if I could wake him up or if he would wake up or if warping out and warping back would wake him up but nothing would wake him up. Eventually I rolled off the edge hoping I wouldn't die and that seemed to be fine. But WTF?

So I made my way through the Kiln disposing of the Black Knights and picking up some sweet ass loot and generally not being shit for once and I reach the fog gate and, oh, what is this glorious piano, and who is that way over there, and OH SHIT THIS DUDE IS QUICK AS HELL. I actually kinda love how all the levelling up and Estus reinforcing and character empowerment is rendered more or less entirely null and void by the fact that Gwyn is so fast that you don't even get a chance to drink Estus or be hit at all anyway. I get the impression that with a decent weapon you can more or less beat him with the beginning of the game stats. Super cool fight, though. Took me about 15 attempts I would guess, where I think my third or fourth attempt was so close I needed to hit him once more. I love those moments, though. Where you spend the entire fight patiently whittling down a boss's health and then just because you need one more hit your mind abandons all the tactics and strategies you've used to get to that point and you frantically smash the attack button to land it but inevitably it doesn't work and you have only yourself to blame.

But then I beat him.

And something happened that I need answers on because I am scared.

After he died I saw the bonfire but I didn't want to light it because I have a thing where I need to make sure I explore first in case it triggers a cut scene and I miss out on exploring ... BUT THE OPPOSITE HAPPENED. I wandered towards a door and suddenly a cut scene started and loads of snake head people appeared watched me ascend a staircase and then the screen faded black and credits rolled! I was shook. What happened? Was I supposed to light the bonfire? Did I do something I can't undo? I have so much questions right now, please. What happened?

But fuck me that was glorious and something quite special.

I do have questions but I'll let that post sit there for a bit whilst I process things.

Incredible experience.

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 2

Aw man, you didn’t do the DLC, did you? 

EDIT: Not that that would have affected your ending cutscene or choices there, but as an aside. You’re now gonna have to start a new game if you want to play the Artorias of the Abyss content, and you most certainly do want to play that Artorias of the Abyss content.

The same thing happened to me, by the way. It wasn’t such a disaster since I really just wanted to play the fuck out of it all over again immediately anyway.

If you do do that, however, I’d advise not doing so via NG+ which ups the difficulty, and might make the DLC too hard. It’s intended for late game, levelled up builds as well, FYI. You could make a beeline for accessing it as quickly as possible in your next playthrough, but you might get pummelled once you get there. Your Level 104 guy would have been ideal for going there :facepalm: 

• Upvote 2

Quick question about the first Undead Burg tower with the Talus demon up top and the boss knight at the bottom. On the right angle stairs up to the entrance, there is a crack in the wall that you can walk off, with a small ledge below. 

I managed to walk off it and land on the ledge, but turned the wrong way and fell off, and I tried again about ten times and kept going straight down the side into the abyss so I left it. Can you go down there, or did I just have a glitch? There seem to be some stairs on the ledge.

@David Heath Do you mind putting that lot in a spoiler? I'm playing through it now, as are others, and I don't want some of the surprises spoilt. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Quick question about the first Undead Burg tower with the Talus demon up top and the boss knight at the bottom. On the right angle stairs up to the entrance, there is a crack in the wall that you can walk off, with a small ledge below. 

I managed to walk off it and land on the ledge, but turned the wrong way and fell off, and I tried again about ten times and kept going straight down the side into the abyss so I left it. Can you go down there, or did I just have a glitch? There seem to be some stairs on the ledge.

There’s nothing down there when you do manage to hit it. It looks like maybe an item was supposed to go there but if you drop onto the ledge there’s nothing and the only way off is to roll off and die.

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

There’s nothing down there when you do manage to hit it. It looks like maybe an item was supposed to go there but if you drop onto the ledge there’s nothing and the only way off is to roll off and die.

Cool, thanks!

• Upvote 1

SF done. Boss was easy again. AL looks pretty. Found the bonfire and took a break. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Iron Golem is a walkover alright. Be interested to hear how you fare against the next one!

Did you know that there are secret walls in the game btw? You find them by hitting with your sword, or rolling into them. 

Also, have you found/reached all the items in Firelink Shrine?