Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Naieve said:

You could have it download an instance of the current messages for it to use offline for (say) 24 hours. I don't expect they'll bother though.

I hope you'll be able to go from online to offline play without getting kicked back to the title screen.

Ha, no chance.

Was the music in that teaser new? If so I'm hoping they remaster the soundtrack.  Not to change the tunes, but to remake them with all the money they have these days. 1

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dood said:

Was the music in that teaser new? If so I'm hoping they remaster the soundtrack.  Not to change the tunes, but to remake them with all the money they have these days. 1

Maybe I'm just being hopeful but that teaser made me think that they have more surprises about what they have done with this, the music did sound new, and I think it's running in the BB/DS3 engine because lets face it the original really wasn't stable. Imagine if they've overhauled everything? The fact they say 6 player online and password matching makes me think they have, they don't just give you 3 summons without the penalty too and that is taken straight from DS3. There were quite a number of shitty bosses, imagine if they've given them more moves, made them more fluid, improved the combat and movesets of the weapons. I'm getting over excited I know.

Looking forward to some gameplay vids when they eventually surface.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I'm with you @Minion! I hope so too.

Perhaps this was the thing Miyazaki was on about when talking about them working on something that would please fans in the 'traditional' way, or whatever it was he actually said. 

Which hopefully means Shadows Die Twice will be radically different. 

• Upvote 1

If they've overhauled the game so that the environments are to the same standard as they are in Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3, then it's unlikely that it'd be running at 60fps on Xbox and PS4, as BB / DS3 didn't get anywhere near 60fps on those platforms. I suspect it'll be more a case of nicer textures and modern lighting etc, but not much more improvement than that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dood said:

Which hopefully means Shadows Die Twice will be radically different. 

Of course it will be radically different! Unless you're seeing similarities between Souls and Tenchu that I don't :P

1 hour ago, K said:

If they've overhauled the game so that the environments are to the same standard as they are in Bloodborne / Dark Souls 3, then it's unlikely that it'd be running at 60fps on Xbox and PS4, as BB / DS3 didn't get anywhere near 60fps on those platforms. I suspect it'll be more a case of nicer textures and modern lighting etc, but not much more improvement than that.

Yep. The patch they brought in for DS3 on the PS4 Pro was horrible, ended up taking a game that was stable-ish at 30fps and unlocked the framerate, so now it runs in something between 45 and 55 fps. 

Not forgetting From's trademark frame pacing.

Would be happier with a PS4 version of DS1 Remastered at 30fps locked to be honest.  That all said, on PS4 and Xbox I am sure that it will run a lot better than the PS3 and 360 versions. The Switch version performance will be really interesting too.

According to Kotaku, the game isn't being remastered by From themselves, they've outsourced it to a Polish developer  - QLOC, who I haven't heard of but are apparently well-regarded.

According to fextralife 60fps is for 1080p and there have been changes to mechanics:

"The remake runs at 1080p on the PS4 and Xbox One with 60 FPS.

Clarifying since people get ahead of themselves: We are not confirming different mechanics (besides 6 players) or specifics on the game itself. This is a “remake” of the game using Dark Souls 3’s engine base. Expect Combat differences accordingly – Lightning, SFX and textures are rebuilt based on Dark Souls 3"

• Upvote 4

Honestly I can't wait to play this on Switch. Handheld souls has been a fanboy dream ever since the Vita came out. 

I wonder if the Switch version is based on the DS3 engine as well. If so it could end up being one of the most technically impressive games on the system.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Goemon said:

No way they'll do a CPS III version.

But they've promised me a locked 59.583 FPS!!

Is there any talk of fleshing out the latter third with content they had drop due to time constraints? Lost Izalith was a bit meh.

Just logging on to Rllmuk after a long day at work without time to check the internet - hmm on Discussion's latest post it says something about Dark Souls Remas... OH MY FUCKING CHRIST!

• Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

The Switch game won't look as good as the PS4 and Bone versions, so I'm tempted with the PS4 version.

Hopefully they implement HDR support too :D

Bamco say HDR support but only on Pro (& X I guess).  Strange PS4 std is excluded and it might be a typo as 4k is in the same sentence.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/11/dark-souls-remastered-comes-to-ps4-may-25/

• Upvote 1

HDR will be a gamechanger imo given the contrast of light and dark in the game and all the fire. PS4 Pro for me and then Steam/Switch versions once cheaper.

4 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Oh man, decisions, do I want to play a souped up sexy 4K (HDR?) version on my big fuck off telly or do I want to play it on the shitter? 

Both?

Apparently From aren’t handling the conversion? I think Dark Souls can be an incredibly subtle game, a slight tweek or change can easily ruin a section/boss/mechanic

45 minutes ago, Goose said:

Apparently From aren’t handling the conversion? I think Dark Souls can be an incredibly subtle game, a slight tweek or change can easily ruin a section/boss/mechanic

Well it's being built on dark 3 technology, so it's gonna to feel pretty radically different. 

It could potentially be for the worse, but I imagine Miyazaki will be keeping a close eye on it.