Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never properly played Dark Souls so I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully performance is good on Switch; the 360 version was a bit too choppy from what little I played.

Might end up just playing the trilogy on PS4.

9 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Great news, been wishing for this for ages as I never played it and so want to experience "the best" Dark Souls ever. I wonder if they will tighten up any aspects of the gameplay/camera? Shame I know already about most of the areas/plot/bosses but it should still be fun, right?

I bet it hasn't aged well at all and you guys all have your nostalgia hats on, I reckon the combat will suck after having played Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne. We'll see!

"Not aged well". There are people still playing it! I played it for about 5/7 years it's been released and still need to fight the urge to do another run rather than starting a new game.

Like Zelda and Mario were brilliant, but I didn't feel the need to immediately play them again from the start as soon as I'd finished. I did with DS. Twice.

18 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Alan, I downvoted you, mate, and if I could do it twice, I would. In fact, if I could press a button that gave you an electric shock, I'd build a grain silo on it. 

Bzzzzz, don't waste all that money on a silo, because when I get the game I'll have to endure Blighttown which I hear is a joy.

Just hoping it lives up to the hype. Whenever I see it it looks clunky and ugly. I've been spoiled with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 so I reckon it might be a bit jarring to go back to the older mechanics and the many frustrations and unfairness I know the original game has. Plus I will never get the sense of awe and wonder from the locations, reveals, plot twists and so on because they've all been spoiled for me already online or thanks to Dark Souls 3 and Bonfiresidechat podcast :( 

Wonder if they'll do Demon Souls too? And any word if they'll be supporting multiplayer for this remaster? Or will you be on your lonesome?

Also...

8 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Bzzzzz, don't waste all that money on a silo, because when I get the game I'll have to endure Blighttown which I hear is a joy.

Just hoping it lives up to the hype. Whenever I see it it looks clunky and ugly. I've been spoiled with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 so I reckon it might be a bit jarring to go back to the older mechanics and the many frustrations and unfairness I know the original game has. Plus I will never get the sense of awe and wonder from the locations, reveals, plot twists and so on because they've all been spoiled for me already online or thanks to Dark Souls 3 and Bonfiresidechat podcast :( 

Wonder if they'll do Demon Souls too? And any word if they'll be supporting multiplayer for this remaster? Or will you be on your lonesome?

I'm not really sure what you're worried about, the mechanics & frustrations & unfairnes (what?) have been the same the whole way through the games, right up to Dark 3. 

Dark 1 has something none of the rest have though - the best twisty turny map ever.  (for the first half / two-thirds of the game, at least)

• Upvote 4

So how is summoning/invading/messaging/the entire online side going to work on the move? I haven't really kept up with Switch updates, do you have to find wi-fi or eat into your data with a mobile hotspot or something?

34 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Great news, been wishing for this for ages as I never played it and so want to experience "the best" Dark Souls ever. I wonder if they will tighten up any aspects of the gameplay/camera? Shame I know already about most of the areas/plot/bosses but it should still be fun, right?

I bet it hasn't aged well at all and you guys all have your nostalgia hats on, I reckon the combat will suck after having played Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne. We'll see!

I’m playing through it now, it’s fucking amazing. That’s after 500 hours of Bloodborne.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

do you have to find wi-fi or eat into your data with a mobile hotspot or something?

yeah either of those will be needed. I've played mariokart using my phone as a hotspot on the bus a fair bit. Doing that and having the phone playing pokemon go at the same time gives off an impressive amount of heat

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...................

Finally a perfect excuse for me to swear in public while playing a switch xD

11 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

So how is summoning/invading/messaging/the entire online side going to work on the move? I haven't really kept up with Switch updates, do you have to find wi-fi or eat into your data with a mobile hotspot or something?

Not being funny dude, but how else do you think it could work..?  Magic? 

• Upvote 5

You could have it download an instance of the current messages for it to use offline for (say) 24 hours. I don't expect they'll bother though.

I hope you'll be able to go from online to offline play without getting kicked back to the title screen.

2 minutes ago, Naieve said:

Ganking the shit out of O&S with 5 sunbros = GLORIOUS

I imagine it'll be like DS3 where you can have a max of 2 summons, 3 with a dried finger (or some other object they may add?) which will then prioritise you for invasions? The other 2 spots will be for invaders. 

Is anyone else wondering if they've rebuilt this in the BB/DS3 engine?

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Oh man, decisions, do I want to play a souped up sexy 4K (HDR?) version on my big fuck off telly or do I want to play it on the shitter? 

Both. 

I'm getting it for the Switch and PS4 and I totally don't care. 

Double character builds here I come. 

16 hours ago, dood said:

Not being funny dude, but how else do you think it could work..?  Magic? 

Not being funny but I think you took my post too literally! By “work” I mean “how is a game so dependent on online connectivity going to be anything other than a drain on mobile data or a hunt for the nearest McDonalds”. (I didn’t think I’d have to explain this but apparently it was too subtle a question for the “int” (did I do it right?) of a few people.) Maybe I’m more shrewd with data than most, or maybe online mobile gaming isn’t as thirsty as I think, but presumably DS would always be checking for new messages, invasion warnings et al, which seems risky for a mobile game primarily played in single-player mode.

Mobile DS is great - I’m just curious about how much the portability will be affected by the game’s online requirements... 

Ah of course! You can also opt to play offline. Which everyone dissuades because “you don’t get the full experience without summons and messages and invasions!1” Hmm.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Not being funny but I think you took my post too literally! By “work” I mean “how is it going to be anything other than a drain on mobile data or a hunt for the nearest McDonalds”. Maybe I’m more shrewd with data than most, or maybe online mobile gaming isn’t as thirsty as I think, but presumably DS would always be checking for new messages, invasion warnings et al, which seems risky for a mobile game primarily played in single-player mode.

Mobile DS is great - I’m just curious about how much the portability will be affected by the game’s online requirements... 

Play offline?

• Upvote 2