Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On to NG+ :)

Finally managed to summon someone for Gwyn and switched out Grant for a Black Knight Shield and a Mace +14 (didn't find a Titanite Slab)...it was pretty easy with the extra target and super fast rolling, proper Hammer Time going in Mace Two Handed when there was an opening.

Manus and Kalameet will have to wait until next time by which I will have massively levelled up on Endurance.

It's a great feeling starting the game again in NG+, looking forward to getting the Sunlight Spear, onward!!

• Upvote 2

I started playing this a few days ago. Total Souls noob as this is the first time I've played any of these games.

I don't know if I love it or hate it at the moment. :lol:

I definitely hated the Capra Demon. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to give you a 2 minute walk to a boss that can kill you within 5 seconds of entering his room? Think it took me a good 30 or so tries to get him down and most of those involved me dying in those first 5 seconds. Very frustrating but hugely satisfying once he finally died.

I'm now somewhere in Blighttown and hating that too. Partly due to the design choice of a mostly brown environment within which the enemies are also mostly brown. Oh and it's also quite dark so it's really hard to see anything. Brilliant.

So what do I like? The sense of progress is amazing. What did feel tough a few hours ago becomes a gentle stroll. The combat itself is fantastic. Brutal but fantastic with so much choice. I know I've merely scratched the surface of an incredibly complex game system and I want to see more of that system. I really need to try more combat techniques out. Currently I'm just blocking as much as I can and smacking stuff about the chops with a halbred or longsword.

I wouldn't say it's "clicked" with me yet but I'm enjoying it enough to continue playing and see where it takes me.

I should also say thanks to @robdood for his youtube videos. Perfect spoiler free intro for a total beginner like me. Thanks!

• Upvote 3

Capra is a ridiculous piece of boss deisgn. But it's one of the reasons I love the game. Completely audacious - you don't get anything like that anywhere else. I wish there was more stuff like that in the later games.

• Upvote 4

I’ve had this on ps3 for a few years but never got around to playing it. Is it worth me getting it remastered and going with PS4 or should I just stick with the PS3?

Did finish Demon’s Souls in the past and got into it. 

Remaster is 60fps on PS4, just lost a little something in translation if you're very used to the original textures and lighting. The original ran pretty poorly on PS3, as well, just nobody really cared so much back then about dropped frames or any of that. 

Frames have never bothered me too much (as long as it isn’t too noticeable). I might just go through the ps3 game as long as it doesn’t hamper the playability too much. 

@Soulstar shameless plug, I am currently selling PS4 version of remaster for £15 delivered, check trading folder or PM if interested. 

That said, the PS3 version is perfectly playable, a few sections of the game have pretty bad framerate though (like, sub 20.. which is indeed pretty noticable)

I noticed it earlier but don’t want to get it just yet as I spent over £100 just a couple of weeks back on gaming stuff. Just thinking for the future as I saw the thread and was wondering the difference between the two. 

On 14/03/2019 at 10:51, Soulstar said:

I’ve had this on ps3 for a few years but never got around to playing it. Is it worth me getting it remastered and going with PS4 or should I just stick with the PS3?

Did finish Demon’s Souls in the past and got into it. 

Definitely go PS4; Blight Town is chuggy on PS3 plus like everyone says, you can summon on PS4 and actually find people. And it's not much at CEX these days. It's also due a sweet sale price soon on PS Store.

Not too bothered about the online aspect of it. Never did any of that in Demon’s Souls as I preferred it to be entirely my own universe with no outside influence.