rllmuk
JohnC

Snowpiercer - TV version

Lol at the Nintendo Switch that survived the apocalypse. I guess more likely than any other console; much less likely to get into a situation where no one can play because there servers are off. Although by then the joycon drift would probably make it a pretty horrible experience.

• Upvote 1

I’m actually really digging this. Mel is captivating despite being a completely awful monster, while Leyton frantically tries to pull all these disparate threads together, preaching unity against the shits it living it large in First and using any and everything he can as a weapon against the bastards.

The human race is, of course, totally doomed because burning the whole fucking thing down is the most decent option left.

We’re still enjoying it, its quite well done hokum

What does grate on me, and its a common theme in shows, is they establish a claustrophobic setting with rules (in this case how hard it is to move around the train itself between classes) then have to throw it out the window very quickly to get the story moving

• Upvote 1

Jennifer Connelly is excellent in this. I enjoy the premise and the world building stuff, but I don't think I'd still be hooked without her performance.

On 02/07/2020 at 08:06, Gotters said:

We’re still enjoying it, its quite well done hokum. 

I think this best sums it up. There’s nothing that’s going to make me look back on this as a great show, but it’s entertaining and (mostly) well written enough. Melanie is the hero of her own story, despite hating herself a great deal, and Layton exudes a kind of sweaty desperation in that he now knows the train is on the brink of collapse without revolution, but has already sacrificed too much to consider any other path. Much like the train, all that is important for either of them is that they keep moving. 

In the film, it was clear cut who to empathise with, as the villains were cartoonishly arrogant and nefarious, but here everybody is a prisoner - even the entitled nobs in first class, who feel their luxuries shrinking by the year and quietly wonder if they’ve just exchanged a quick death for entropy and slow despair. 

Up to episode 6 and we’re really getting into it. Not seen the movie.

Spoiler

I was sort of expecting more from the Mr Wilford mystery than Melanie kicking him off the train.

That said, there's surely only one person Sean Beans could be playing and it must be the man himself. Did he hide in the sub tunnels for seven years planning his comeback? Is it a flashback series? Who knows.

3 minutes ago, James Lyon said:
  Hide contents

I was sort of expecting more from the Mr Wilford mystery than Melanie kicking him off the train.

That said, there's surely only one person Sean Beans could be playing and it must be the man himself. Did he hide in the sub tunnels for seven years planning his comeback? Is it a flashback series? Who knows.

Spoiler

I was convinced he was ill and put in a drawer and that would be the end of season reveal. Imagine of he's been in the tail section all this time though. 

just finished the 2 part finale and have to say im surprised but i enjoyed the series (huge fan of the movie, so wasnt expecting to)   decent enough season conculsion with set up for the next season (which is apparnlty nearly done as they filmed most of it before lock down) -   stick to the end of the credits for a season two teaser...

Spoiler

so no big surprised but the teaser reveals wilford will be played by sean bean - since they used his voice through out

Oh man 

Spoiler

that part with Leyton having to cut the prisoners away was awful, proper agonising.

Really enjoyed that, excellent 2 part finale That wraps up season 1 very nicely but opens up season 2 without being a silly cliffhanger.

Good to read they finished shooting on season 2 pre lockdown as it got a very early renewal, so shouldn’t be 2 years til it returns.

I liked the film too but this has definitely earned the right to exist alongside it.

• Upvote 4

Which one if the final episode?

Spoiler

The one where she says that she's gonna be executed in the morning? 

Edit: Scrap that. Seems thats only episode 8 so I haven't watched the finale eps yet. 

I've been enjoying it enough to see it through to the end. So that says something.

I've got the final episode pencilled in for tonight. I'm going to miss it.

I also prefer the weekly episodes format. There's something about the bulk drop that cheapens the whole experience. It was fun for a while, but I prefer restrictions on some things. I found myself looking forward to it each week, which obviously wouldn't have been the case having them all up there at once.