Doki Doki Literature Club - DDLC + announced. Digital and physical release (Switch/PS4/PS5). Steam PC

Flub

I've ordered a physical copy of the switch version. $30 usd and another $9 for shipping from the states. Considering the original DDLC was a freebie, I'm entirely OK with throwing some money at a developer who's work I appreciated, and getting some extra stories to work though is just a bonus. 

• 3 weeks later...

Im

about 3 hours into this and failing to see how it can possibly descend into something that warrants the warnings at the start! A cute, fluffy visual novel, can’t see what could possibly occur here!

Watched a stream of the new version the other night. Here's the main change for the game:

Massive spoilers:

Spoiler

For those who played the original and was wondering how the game files stuff will work on console versions. The answer is the game now boots up to a main menu where you have options for starting the game, settings, gallery, files etc. So when it comes to digging around in the files you can just do it all from within the game. I appreciate this was probably the best solution to keep the experience as close to the original as possible, but it still doesn't beat actually browsing files on your PC and seeing how they evolve. If you were to recommend the game to someone I'd still probably suggest they play the original to get the best impact.

As for the DLC stuff, I didn't see evidence of it and I watched the second half of the game. It looks like you access the side stories from the main menu rather than being integrated into the story. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It was still fun watching a streamer go through blind and getting taken aback by the twists and turns. Not a game I will play again but happy to watch other people do it!

22 hours ago, CovisGod said:

Im

about 3 hours into this and failing to see how it can possibly descend into something that warrants the warnings at the start! A cute, fluffy visual novel, can’t see what could possibly occur here!

forget that, Jesus Christ! 

Yeah, I played through it on the Switch last weekend in basically two sittings and absolutely loved it. So pleased I managed to avoid too much of the noise around it apart from 'it's good'.