They are Billions - PS4/XB1 July Release

@moosegrinder I'm by no means an expert at this, and it depends what level you're playing it on as I was getting my arse kicked on anything above Normal but my tips would be:

- start small and don't go exploring beyond the perimeter of the immediate area you want to grow your town in

- work towards getting a barracks as soon as possible and start churning out rangers.

- build watchtowers at the perimeter of your base and again, slowly start expanding these (destroying them gives you 50% resources back and increases as you add more research points)

- only really start exploring when you've got a nice group of 10-15 rangers, but even then go slow.

- work on getting your base watertight with walls and watchtowers before the first horde approaches.

• Upvote 1

Cheers. Yeah I've done most of that, I didn't wander off, tried to get to the quarry as quick as possible so I can start making more military and that and I only get attacked by small groups of zombies and they kill me so easily. 

I'll keep a-giving her, see if I can find the rhythm.

It's a hard game on the default difficulty level with some nasty difficulty spikes but be aware you can start any missions on a lower difficulty.

As for your problem, walls and towers in this game are your best friend. Slap down wood choppers as soon as you can and get building walls at choke points, when you unlock towers pop one or two in the walls and get a ranger up there, then more when you can afford it. Use the patrol command to have small groups of rangers patrolling the unsafe parts of your perimeter, you can also hold down a button whilst clicking patrol to set multiple waypoints (Shift?).

If I remember right there is a quarry close to your base, at the start whilst you are building you should be using 2 or 3 of your rangers to clear out zombies in the immediate area especially towards the quarry. Use attack to move them and they'll slowly move forwards instead of pulling too many zombies. Be aware the further you push out the more zombies there will be and you'll want 4 or 5 rangers to deal with them. Kiting is a good option if you find you've pulled too many. 

Think of this like a survival RTS where death is common and learn from your mistakes. I died a bunch of times on the first level but it trained me well to carry on. Enjoy, its a great wee game, and look forward to your first hordes!

• Upvote 1

Also don't be afraid to double up your walls with 2 layers and even have multiple lines of defense, once the hordes start coming you want to be slowing them down as much as possible before they break into any buildings. I preffered to keep an inner wall on the first few levels so that when outlying quarries, hunters etc got mauled at least there werent stragglers randomly wandering into my main base.

• Upvote 1

I managed to get to the first horde (day 22 on the first scenario) and had a wall and everything but from what I can tell it doesn't give you towers from the off. I think some technology is locked behind the skill trees. So I'd got my small settlement locked down and about 23 rangers but it wasn't enough to deal with the horde. Next time I'll have to build 2 barracks things and make sure I have enough workers to churn out Rangers.