IGNORED

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 2018

joffocakes

For which platform will you buy this collection?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've got to say, as nice as this collection is, having played Third Strike for nearly 20 years with the arranged sound track, the arcade original is so muddy & flat it's like playing underwater by comparison.

Still the CPS2 games still sound pretty good, and it plays well - and that's the most important thing, though the music on the III series is getting muted and spotify is coming out.

Oh for Second Impact players, the true widescreen mode is found by pressing Square on it on the games menu . It looks glorious.

Having never played Third Strike, I'm delighted at how well my SF4 Ken translates. Won every match so far and pretty seamless online experience. When I switched to HF, it shit the bed but good stuff so far. 

20 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Hello! I'll try and teach you a lesson on ST*. Once you're sick of that you're free to body me over and over again on 3S.

*Maybe, up for some A3 too.

Street Fighter, though, eh?

I can remember running into your Boxer by chance on HD Remix. Some great times.

Im getting this, maybe a bit earlier than my birthday as a gift. I'll open it early because I dont give a fuck.

Lyrical's HD Remix Boxer is the stuff of nightmares  :D

I don't remember whether my puny Blanka ever managed to beat it him. I think I might have taken a round here and there. Intense stuff, great times. 

Spoiler

For Lyrical it was just Tuesday :lol:

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Square on the game select menu - it's the only way to get through the barely functioning horroshow that is Street Fighter 1 :lol: 

Don’t forget that the fireball was more of a secret technique in the SF1 era; I think it ended up being pretty effective in arcade mode... but you’re still contending with awful motion detection :D 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Lyrical's HD Remix Boxer is the stuff of nightmares  :D

I don't remember whether my puny Blanka ever managed to beat it him. I think I might have taken a round here and there. Intense stuff, great times. 

Hide contents

For Lyrical it was just Tuesday :lol:

Likewise, I think my Fei Long may have taken rounds but not matches. It was a long ass time ago though.

Have had a quick blast on SF, Alpha and SFIII on PS4 when I got home. Awesome!! Like others have mentioned here I own various versions of the different games already but it's nice to have it all on one system.

Until I pick-up my Switch pre-order from Smyth's tomorrow and then I'll have them all on two systems! :D

I don't know about the Pad because of the dongle but you can buy a brooks adapter to get the PS3 stick to work, or you could buy a brooks universal board if you're feeling up to the challenge of making it multi format.

SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT

or if you've got a spare £90 knocking about you could buy my TE2+ in the trading folder 

Only had a few minutes to check it out, but it looks good.

My cammy, makoto and necro are undefeated so far. Maybe I should retire already?

ive totally forgotten half the moves though and my inputs are terrible. Although I only started using stick with 4, and I know these aren’t so lenient.

also I just realised, i think my old favourite makoto colour was a Dreamcast one, the blue gi and white hair. Oh well, pink it is now then.

A couple of gripes - I have a RAP4 with the last 2 buttons plugged and I don't seem to be able to map anything for a start button (doesn't seem to allow me to use R/L3).

Going back to the PS4 UI after you've been matched with someone can cause a sound delay, which is mighty off-putting.

Oh, and the lobbies seem to require a special kind of witchcraft to get working, or they're just busted.

1 hour ago, Camel said:

Does this not have legacy controller support then? :(

According to SRK, no. Nor regional searching or ping preference.

It's recommended to lower the online delay to 0 if that works out for you, else try 1 and 2 and see how they go.

I'm guessing legacy controller support probably won't be much of a thing from now on.. Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't have it either.

Could the lag just be the usual fighting game thing of the infrastructure not dealing well with the initial rush of players? I didn't get even the hint of any lag over the weekend when there weren't loads of people about. I often wonder how many potential players who'd be into the genre just fuck it off because they're always such a state online at release (and sometimes, long afterwards). I've been wanting to properly learn one for ages but the Japanese companies never quite seem to get the online experience right and I don't much like Injustice or KI, unfortunately.

Despite prior experience with ElSemi's emulator, I can confirm that New Gen/2nd Impact making Ibuki's neckbreaker a kick special still fucks with me. :lol:  It's nice to be able to play the SFIIIs on console though. :) 

Just played a wee bit of of a few of the games. Really like it! 

Can anyone tell me what the "arcade" filter is, it's the best filter I've seen on an emulator. Is there proper name for the algorithm (or whatever the term is).

One thing, third strikes song seems a bit scratchy. Anyone notice this?

48 minutes ago, Camel said:

Buggeration, not in the market for yet another stick.

What sticks have you got, @Camel? That Mayflash Magic-NS adapter I talked about down thread copes with pretty much everything from the last two gens (PS3/PS4/360/XB1/Wiimote/Wii U Pro controller, and all their attendant fightsticks).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079B5KHWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_98BdBbJE5KVBV

It even fits inside the Dock, in the USB socket there, and comes with a USB-C to USB adapter to use it plugged straight into the Switch.