joffocakes

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 2018

For which platform will you buy this collection?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm planning on concentrating on Alpha when this arrives (hopefully tomorrow!), being the only series of games in the collection I've not actually played.

What differences/highs/lows can I expect in comparison to the other games?

Base order shipped too. Talk about spoiled for choice. Gonna do a SF1 play through for the lols, Fei Long run on Super, Guy Alpha 2 run, Cody Alpha 3 run, use my man Alex through the SF3 trilogy, then go online and get battered by veteran SF players. Can't wait! 

Oh right, mine's been shipped too. Still wasn't sure I was going to keep the preorder but looks like that's decided now. Also got an email from Base with my Ultra SFIV code.

Really no idea how much I'll get out of this, although I played SF2 Turbo to death back in the SNES days. Will at least be worth a run through each one and a quick dabble online to get battered.  

1 hour ago, Jolly said:

I'm planning on concentrating on Alpha when this arrives (hopefully tomorrow!), being the only series of games in the collection I've not actually played.

What differences/highs/lows can I expect in comparison to the other games?

That trailer that was posted earlier is actually a surprisingly decent way to get an idea of what makes Alpha different and great:

Just a general idea if course, so you know 'what to expect'. You're obviously also going to want to dive into proper guides and ask the knowledgeable people* in this thread for tips and tactics. 

*ie, not me :P

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yashiro said:

Singho, there's a blast from the past. Does he still live on takeaways and only play fighting games with a joypad? :P

We should try summoning him to find out but I hear he's building a world order!

@Singho

45 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

£44.99 on the eshop ffs.

Anyone seen a better offer for Switch? 

£36 from the Norwegian store or £29 from the US store if you have a card which will work or some US eShop cards.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

£36 from the Norwegian store or £29 from the US store if you have a card which will work or some US eShop cards.  

Oh yeah nice! Really wanted this digitally too so that's perfect thanks. 

24 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

(or stretch the image to widescreen instead

Note that anyone who uses this option is forbidden from posting screenshots, as per the forum rules.

• Upvote 3

I received my Switch copy from Base this morning! Was anyone else lucky enough to receive theirs and fancy a game? I can’t find anyone online and the leaderboards are all empty, which may suggest that online isn’t enabled yet?

Online is on for PS4, at least. The most populated leaderboard is for Third Strike and that only has about fifty people on it at the moment but it's easy enough to find ranked matches on everything. I've only played about 15 matches across the various games but the netcode seems flawless to me - I could even drop the delay down to 1 frame and it seemed happy enough. Delighted with that. Apart from getting embarassingly exposed by someone on Hyper Fighting I've been mostly winning too, which is weird because I'm terrible.

The interface is super fast and slick, as you'd hope. Only real moans are that you can't queue for multiple games, Akuma being playable online in Super Turbo and of course no online Alpha 2. Really pleased otherwise and will probably sell my physical copy to buy the digital version as long as the online population doesn't totally die within the first few weeks.

The rolling Blanka ball as the loading icon made me smile.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rsdio said:

The rolling Blanka ball as the loading icon made me smile.

:oif I wasn't already sold, I would have been now!

• Upvote 1

Mine arrived today too! Tried to get a sneaky couple of games in before our guests arrive this evening and spent the majority of the time trying to figure out how I could start a game using my stick. Turns out start is the touch pad so I had to reconfigure. Only found this out after all my available playtime was exhausted, of course :doh:

20 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

£44.99 on the eshop ffs.

Anyone seen a better offer for Switch? 

£36.99 in-store at Smyth's but I'd you pre-order online for click and collect they knock another £5 off so £31.99.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Flint Paper said:

Managed to play some rounds online on the Switch but the lag is terrible. I’d say 80% of the rounds I’ve played have been hitching all over the place :(

Wifi I’m guessing?

I reckon online play is likely to be worst on Switch than other consoles because you have to go out of your way to purchase an adapter to use a wired connection. I'm still getting it on Switch for local play and Training all the same.

Futurscape on PSN

Do we have a list of mans per machine? I used to be decent with Akuma in 3S, but that was back in 2011 and I'm currently modding my stick so I'm using a pad for now. As free as Mr Humphries (never played Alpha 3), but if you're not far ahead...

Base delivered my copy today and my download code yesterday, by the way. Best deal.

Typically after telling everyone to use base mine didn't arrive today but everyone else's did :lol: oh well I've got Tuesday off so no worries. Add me on PSN DownByLaw85 for Alpha and SF3 matches (I've always been shit at SF2 :facepalm: