Nick R

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - animated, non-MCU, written by half of Lord and Miller, and REALLY GOOD

This was amazing. Maybe my favourite film of last year, and definitely my favourite Spiderman film.

When I realised that Lord and Miller weren't on directing duties, I was a little disappointed. But the three guys calling the shots did a tremendous job. I've never seen a feature animation with such inventive, relentlessly stylish choices. Combined with the great soundtrack and pitch perfect script, I hope that it inspires people to watch more Marvel and DC animation. They're some of the best output each house has.

It's an old cliché, but there are very few stills from this which wouldn't look amazing on your wall.

• Upvote 2

Saw this yesterday. Best Spidey film by a mile. My gf saw it today and said it was quite good. 

What online dating service do people use these days?

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, Camel said:

Saw this yesterday. Best Spidey film by a mile. My gf saw it today and said it was quite good. 

What online dating service do people use these days?

I've no idea, but make sure to include "likes to Spiderman" in your profile. 

• Upvote 1

Been listening to the soundtrack today. It's not what I'd ever choose to listen to normally but my word is it great.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, deKay said:

Been listening to the soundtrack today. It's not what I'd ever choose to listen to normally but my word is it great.

I've been listening to the score a lot.  It's also really good.  Will give the soundtrack a go.

Intelligent, witty and beautiful from beginning to end. My ten year-old son thought it was 'ok' but I think a lot of the abstract stuff was a bit over his head. Also, it was very powerful and affecting in places. I would happily gobble it up again.

Wow, I had no interest in this whatsoever, haven’t seen a Spider-Man film for years, don’t care, not interested.

Popped in here, saw all the praise and decided to give it a go. Jesus. It’s spectacular. I was completely blown away, and both kids (9 and 5) loved it too. 

Thanks everyone!

• Upvote 4

On 11/01/2019 at 16:34, Festoon said:

The real question is: what were the idiots who fired Lord and Miller from Solo thinking?

"Star Wars fans aren't able to handle novelty, or reinvention. We must give them more of the same for ever and ever."

And, worse, they were proved right by the reaction of the nutters to The Last Jedi.

• Upvote 3

On 09/01/2019 at 20:51, deKay said:

What's up danger, and Sunflower are astounding. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Just came back from this, can only really afford to get cinema tickets on Mondays so this was basically my last chance before the film finished in cinemas

I adored it, might be my favourite spider-man film. I feel like the film plays a lot of respect to the comic books and as a result it leaves me wanting to get into comics again after losing interest in them years ago. Spider-Man is my favourite super hero and I'm really drawn to the idea of there being different interpretations of the character. The trend of doing this isn't new but it's something that will help make Spider-Man everlasting in a way that doesn't upset fans.

• Upvote 1