rllmuk
Nick R

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - animated, non-MCU, written by half of Lord and Miller, and REALLY GOOD

I like the style of this! Can't think of another animated movie that looks like it.

Miles Morales is apparently the main character. But does this mean Spider-Gwen, Silk, Pavitr Prabhakar, and Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham are going to be in it as well? :omg:

• Upvote 7

That looks fantastic! Let's hope the full the story together to match the visuals.

The title suggests this might just be the first of many Spider-verse animated movies, which I wouldn't be against, but I really hope they try and tell a full story in this without the ending feeling hollow. I never followed the comics all the way to the end (has the Spider-verse arc ended?) but I enjoyed a lot of what I read.

Yeah, really liking the look of that. I'm reading the Spider-Verse storyline at the moment.

Interesting that it's going to cinemas, and intrigued to see how well it does.

3 minutes ago, John Edward Gammell said:

Looks interesting, but fuck off with showing teasers for something not released for another 12 months. 

I think they're treating it like a proper movie? Releasing "in theatres" and all that.

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

That does look pretty awesome.

Spider-Verse was a great story, which introduced some great new characters, especially Spider-Gwen and the fantastic Spider-Ham.

Spider-Ham existed for decades before the Spider-verse stories, surely?

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Spider-Ham existed for decades before the Spider-verse stories, surely?

He was indeed, in 1983 in fact according to wiki.

It seems there's a whole alternative universe full of piggy heroes, well there goes my plans for today, Marvel Unlimited here I come.

10 hours ago, John Edward Gammell said:

Aye, in 12 months.

I don't feel excitement whatsoever, when I see shit like that. 'COMING CHRISTMAS 2018' Get the fuck out of here. 

Okay but that's still pretty normal for movies. 

3 minutes ago, deKay said:

This looks fucking awesome.

Yep.  You wonder if this is successful it could pave the way forward for other existing franchises.  Downey Jnr doesn't want to commit to Iron Man 4?  Make it animated and just have him voice it. 

Reading up about the Spider-Verse in the comics - oh my god! They killed Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends off in it! As in Spider-Man, Ice Man and Firestar from the 80s kid's cartoon. Christ.

46 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Yep.  You wonder if this is successful it could pave the way forward for other existing franchises.  Downey Jnr doesn't want to commit to Iron Man 4?  Make it animated and just have him voice it. 

I think he doesn't want to commit like Rooney was 'going to City' or Gerrard was 'going to Chelsea'. It's all about a bigger pay cheque.

May as well do a Jerry Maguire remake so he can shout it at the top of his voice.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Reading up about the Spider-Verse in the comics - oh my god! They killed Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends off in it! As in Spider-Man, Ice Man and Firestar from the 80s kid's cartoon. Christ.

One of the very few successful crossover events. I really enjoyed it.

fQZ4QOY.jpg