Bayonetta 3 - Announced for Switch

HarMGM

35 minutes ago, Ry said:

I just want to know how many hours she would have been working. 

It's her decision though. I don't give a shit to be honest. 

Hope the game runs well on steam deck :)

I've seen my fair share of voice acting sessions for games and it's easily weeks, if not months for a game like this.

Apparantly, she wasn't offered $4000 for the whole gig, but $3000/$4000 per session. So for a total of 5 voice sessions, that would've amounted to $15000-20.000 for the whole gig.

Taylor however, asked for a six figure sum+ getting paid residuals.

That changes things a little bit and im wondering why she wasn't more upfront about this.

If they is the case then the original claim is misleading. 

This will get very ugly I think. 

So far a lot of it seems her word Vs theirs so I think I'll stop speculating as I clearly do not know all the facts 

6 hours ago, Hexx said:

It's strange that people like you ignore the fact we a) got a story full of lies from PG originally and b) have got nothing else from them since when rushing to condemn her.

People just really want to play Bayonetta 3 it seems :coffee:

I’ve not (deliberately) ignored anything, I’ve no idea there was a story from PG in the first place. First thing I knew about was her video where she’s angry about a payment offer. I’m only pointing out that she’s crying about only being offered 4 grand for what can assumed to be around 4 sessions, each 4 hours long. A fee that a LOT of voice actors would be more than happy with.

6 hours ago, bradigor said:

I know the shoes thing was in a joking way, my reply wasn't meant to be super serious for that part. 

In that line of work though it isn't just the time in the studio. It's learning the lines, getting a feel for the character, the story, etc. Should that be done for free? 

I might only spend 8 hours putting a presentable logo (for example) to a client, but the work that goes into that takes easily 3-4 if not more times that they. 

Which is why you are not paying those rules e of jobs as a standard hourly rate. Or why the hourly rate if there is one is so high. 

I’ve done session work, although it was a good few years ago now. I was expected to be there and ready to record at 10am. I had been given the music a few days in advance and was able to run through it. On the day I had two takes and I was done. I was paid a flat fee for three hours (back in 2002 it was £96 for a three hour session).

I would assume she has the script in advance, being a professional voice actor she’ll run through it a few times. Come recording day she’ll record each line while reading off the script. Perhaps some lines will take two or three goes. She’s not recording a movie. 

Ok so according to the article on Bloomberg, she was offered 4-5 sessions each paying $3-4k. She demanded a six figure sum. They declined and auditioned other actors and offered her a cameo role for $4k. If this is true then yeah, she’s crazy!

Anyway, I won’t be buying Bayo 3. I’ve got the first two on WiiU and I’ve barely touched them 🤦‍♂️

So overall her shaming tweet turns out to be a complete work of fiction and she over valued her contribution to the series’ appeal, hence her losing the gig.

The irony of this being her voice work in the previous two games is pretty terrible; sure it plays into the extreme camp of the character but it’s hardly Oscar winning stuff and to be honest fairly irritating. The bloody awful scripts probably didn’t help but then again that’s part of the games pulpy appeal I suppose.

When you think of Bayonetta her voice is not really the iconic factor (more her losing her clothes to fight with her hair to be honest!) so really couldn’t give much less of an expletive who is doing the over the top RP accent.

3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Knew something was off when she claimed Bayonetta was a 450 million dollar franchise

Lol no.

Yeah, it seemed odd to me. Happily breaking an NDA and siccing the Twitter outrage squad on Platinum over a pay dispute seemed over the top, and now it starts to make more sense.

If she has lied then she's pretty much tanked her career. No-one will want to work with her in future. She'll just not get booked.

I was a bit sus when I heard Jennifer Hale was the replacement. Hale is not bottom tier and they'd be paying above average for her work (essentially because she's always working, if they low balled her she'd just say "nope" and book something else instead.)

4 minutes ago, Phantoon said:

I suspect she's tanked her voice acting career even if she's telling the truth. Anyone who will just break NDAs and badmouth ex-employers quite so publicly is someone who you'd avoid hiring.

Especially when they telling people to

boycott the game. Who would want to work with that? Badmouthing ex-employers happens a lot, but when you telling people to not buy a product then that’s not a great look.  She could have called Kamiya a cunt and someone looking to hire her in the future wouldn’t really care because maybe he is one. But when you actively telling people not to buy a product then that’s a whole different level. 

In an email, Taylor described this account as “an absolute lie” and said Platinum was “trying to save their ass and the game.” She said she stood by everything she said in the video. “I would like to put this whole bloody franchise behind me quite frankly get on with my life in the theatre,” .

Didn't like she cared about the fans or franchise after all🙄

The voice actress who played the main in Returnal and has done a fair bit of work herself has replied to Schrier saying something seems off, and that 4x the standard rate seems off for someone who has barely done any other work to note of in the industry.  She hasn’t said that means she doesn’t believe it, but it comes across as though there’s something that hasn’t been said in all this.  Schreier has said his sources said similar, he’s guessing that they really wanted to keep the voice acting consistent so that was a big bargaining chip, but she still thinks it’s a big increase in what she’d expect her to be offered.  Worth noting she mentions her experience a lot, stating that’s a reason she’d not expect her to be offered so much.

Im pretty sure there must be stuff written down that either party could just show to prove their side if they really wanted to, though they’d have to figure out a way to do so and get round any legal red tape by doing so I guess.