rllmuk
Uzi

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

19 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I find it intriguing there's no publisher connected yet.

Not that weird for a teaser like that is it? Didn't have any mention of platform(s) either.

55 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Spiritual Bloodborne sequel. As dood mentioned, like Demon's to Dark.

No "Project" in the title unlike dark souls and blood borne so if the proper title is shadows die twice that is pretty vague. 

55 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Spiritual Bloodborne sequel. As dood mentioned, like Demon's to Dark.

No "Project" in the title unlike dark souls and blood borne so if the proper title is shadows die twice that is pretty vague. 

1 hour ago, Goose said:

Someone on Resetera came up with this - apparently the Bloodborne font was created by From/Sony, and Sony own the rights to it...

lBoRraB.jpg

While the Bloodborne wordmark is definitely using a bespoke typeface, I’d say the supporting subtitle typeface and the one used in the teaser are yer bog-standard Times New Roman or something very similar to it.

Which fits the default typeface selection of Japanese developers, really. Using it to claim a connection to Sony is like clutching at straws. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Why is everyone claiming Tenchu? That had absolutely nothing to do with From right? I remember Spike/Acquire, and Activision being the names attached to the original.

http://tenchu.wikia.com/wiki/From_Software

Tenchu is being claimed due to I guess: Eastern calligraphy writing/eastern style drum music/dormant niche but well known IP among the hardcore base that are aware of souls 

Why I personally think it isn't Tenchu - keeping in mind Miyazaki was at the show so it is likely his baby

1: Tenchu is known for being a stealth/assassin/ninja themed series. Miyazaki has never worked on any tenchu games nor shown any affinity towards the setting or gameplay of those games to my knowledge - EDIT However, he has previously said this:

"Miyazaki has long wanted to switch up what From Software does. Back in 2014, he toldFamitsu, "I feel that From Software's title lineup will need a little more variation ... we have dark fantasies like Dark Souls, of course, but I'd also like for us to make more mech games like Armoured Core, or Asian style titles like Tenchu or Otogi: Myth of Demons. From Software used have a lot more rather quirky titles."

2: Tenchu has had a rough few releases and more or less faded away into obscurity for the most part (I think the last 360 game sold horribly) - I don't see why From would want it to be their next huge project given the success they have had within the souls-esque space. 

3: The bloody bone contraption looks thematically more like something out of a soulsbourne game. The little drum beat and calligraphy is misleading to rely entirely on when the main object on the screen is a weapon or device made out of a human or creatures bone. 

4: Imagine the reveal for bloodborne was a close up of a trick weapon and gun and was 29 seconds long and just ended in the words "bloodborne" assuming this was the first anyone would have ever heard of it. Clue: we would be speculating just as we are now with so little info. 

It ain't Tenchu. Sorry.

(Hoping it ain't Tenchu anyway - sorry Tenchu fans)

• Upvote 1

Oh Vaati! 15 seconds of footage and you can make an 11 minute video :)

This is awesome, it's almost like Christmas! Hoping it comes out in spring whatever it is. Day one etc...

Edit: Oh ok in Vaati's video the From Software dude tweets more details in 12 months so looks like it'll be a longer wait. Still finally what we've all been waiting for and it looks like Miyazaki is deeply involved!