IGNORED

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Uzi

On 14/10/2019 at 09:12, Stanshall said:

There's no depth or flexibility or creativity to anything in the game. I've never watched someone do anything clever or unusual in a playthrough. It's just hammer L1 perfectly four or five times and get the deathblow. There's no point in using the tools. It's a mechanical lead up to nothing in particular.

I’ve seen loads of vids of people using different tools to beat enemies. Granted, half of them I wasn’t capable of and as a sword fighting game it’s quite natural that your sword is the weapon you use but I don’t think it’s accurate to say there’s only one way to play it.

1 hour ago, Len said:

$25 (ps4) on Amazon atm. 

Tempting but not sure I'll get on with it. 

It's very good but very hard, and good because it's hard in a lot of ways. I'd recommend it, but lots of people don't make it to the end. It's harder than Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I thought, but not as hard as Cuphead, if you've played any of those.

Finished Bloodborne and thoroughly enjoyed it. All other Souls I've always got about 2/3 way through and given up. Yes, sacrilege I know. ENB currently showing me what I missed on his 100% play throughs as I'm never going back to them. 

Its only $25 I suppose so can always sell on. 

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

It's very good but very hard, and good because it's hard in a lot of ways. I'd recommend it, but lots of people don't make it to the end. It's harder than Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I thought, but not as hard as Cuphead, if you've played any of those.

I found it easier than DaS1 but that's because I just don't get on with DaS1 - 2, 3 and BB were fine and I at least saw a conclusion for each of them even if I didn't uncover everything.

I imagine someone out there thinks I'm mad for bouncing off DaS1 but sticking with this :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

That’s where I got stuck. 

Same. I just couldn’t do his second phase.

I don’t even think it was all that difficult, but I lost interest and moved onto other stuff.

12 hours ago, JPL said:

Same. I just couldn’t do his second phase.

I don’t even think it was all that difficult, but I lost interest and moved onto other stuff.

I spanked the monkey just now. I think this boss fight is probably right up there for me as the most fun of any of their games. It is simply fucking incredible. The animation on that monkey! 

My least favourite is the bull at the moment. I got really stuck on that one. I did not realise you could parry a fucking bull attack and was trying to dodge through it. As far as I can tell its impossible to kill the bull without parrying him. I guess he is just there to reinforce the message that you can parry anything that does not have the unblockable signal. 

19 minutes ago, Oz said:

I spanked the monkey just now. I think this boss fight is probably right up there for me as the most fun of any of their games. It is simply fucking incredible. The animation on that monkey! I spoiled the existence of a second phase for myself watching youtube reaction videos, which was a pity. Nonetheless, lots of fun to fight the monkey.

My least favourite is the bull at the moment. I got really stuck on that one. I did not realise you could parry a fucking bull attack and was trying to dodge through it. As far as I can tell its impossible to kill the bull without parrying him. I guess he is just there to reinforce the message that you can parry anything that does not have the unblockable signal. 

Yeah, it was a great fight, but I got distracted by other things at the time and I’ve left it too long now I think. I might have another crack over Christmas... and no doubt I’ll take him down first go!

maybe they could do something with the game of the year edition? I remember team ninja did that on one re-release of ninja gaiden on xbox. you had to wear a pink ribbon if you activated it.  the joke has not aged well but maybe they could do some other badge of shame. think it got unlocked by dying over an over again in ninja gaiden. maybe they could link a mechanic with dragon rot which made the game easier somehow? maybe being able to summon an NPC rather than outright more health or damage. I think people have figured out how to cheese most bosses anyway. I think at this point if you get stuck you can probably find a way out. having said that I have not played the end game yet so maybe it gets even harder. I have only just killed the ape.