Uzi

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - out one week before "brexit" (22nd March)

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

It could if From had an engine as good as Capcom's RE Engine, but unfortunaty that's not where there strengths lie.

That engine is good at what it does but the games follow a fairly linear path. Compare with this where due to the open nature of the levels, the mobility and verticality, it needs to stream in the landscape etc. much more quickly.

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That engine is good at what it does but the games follow a fairly linear path. Compare with this where due to the open nature of the levels, the mobility and verticality, it needs to stream in the landscape etc. much more quickly.

Well, we'll see if Dragon's Dogma 2 uses RE Engine. :)

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/features/kendo-kisei-and-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-exclusive-1203162364/#utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=social_bar&utm_content=bottom_amp&utm_id=1203162364

“A lot of influence came from ‘Tenchu,'” Miyazaki said. “We even pondered upon making ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ a part of the ‘Tenchu’ series at first. Of course, after that we researched and referenced many other games as well; however, I think the largest influence was from ‘Tenchu.'”

Calling @Mr. Gerbik 

This is out next week :omg:

• Upvote 4

I want this really bad, but I’m gonna give it a miss. Iv tried every single souls game, finishing demon and blood borne, but to be honest with myself, Iv never really enjoyed one Iv just survived them

The hype train is amazing, as is seeing all my fave youtubers flying out to Tokyo to play it, but I know il just see endless streams of YOU DIED if I buy it.

i think it’s a game il much prefer watching a speed run of than actually playing it sadly 

• Empathy 4

24 minutes ago, carlospie said:

but I know il just see endless streams of YOU DIED if I buy it.

Of course you wouldn't, don't be silly.

It just reads 'Death' now.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

I want this really bad, but I’m gonna give it a miss. Iv tried every single souls game, finishing demon and blood borne, but to be honest with myself, Iv never really enjoyed one Iv just survived them

The hype train is amazing, as is seeing all my fave youtubers flying out to Tokyo to play it, but I know il just see endless streams of YOU DIED if I buy it.

i think it’s a game il much prefer watching a speed run of than actually playing it sadly 

You're buying it, and you fucking know it.

See you day 1, fella.

• Upvote 4

I went with shopto in the end, a little bit pricier than Simply at £46 odd but it's a steelbook version and they also deliver early most times. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't been this excited for a game since, well, Bloodborne. Even upgraded my PC for it.

Don't let me down, From.

• Upvote 2

Cancelled my preorder at EB as they were going to charge me $99. Probably go with CDkeys or someone like that, though it would be nice to get a physical PC version. 

On 11/03/2019 at 12:07, Vemsie said:

Launch trailer.
Not watched it myself, because I don't want any bosses spoiled.

Fuck me that looks good.  Definitely getting on PC for the 60fps smoothness

Fuck it, I’m going digital. Is there anywhere cheaper than the ridiculous £60 they’re asking for it on the Xbox store?

I can't wait to get stuck into the story, the setting and atmosphere. There's always an intelligence underpinning From's games, so I look forward to that kind of historical accuracy and research and how they blend it with their own fantasy and philosophy. The whole dragon rot world tendency and time travel stuff already sounds fascinating.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

Fuck it, I’m going digital. Is there anywhere cheaper than the ridiculous £60 they’re asking for it on the Xbox store?

Best bet is to try and get credit cheap from cdkeys or the like, might save you a bit but probably won't bring it down to physical prices. 

Yikes, I don't ever remember paying £40 for a PC game but this looks worth it.  I was going to wait for performance reports, but I wanna be there for day one as I have a chunk of available time next weekend.