Edge #314 Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Special Edition

41 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Well, I lucked out and got the truly gorgeous FFIV edition through the post, and am genuinely tempted to remove the cover and use it as a poster. Just beautiful.

I got this cover too. Sadly not until after the dog got to it first and put punctures through the cover and 36 fucking pages! 

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

Didn’t Edge retrospectively change a bunch of their review scores, though?

Some 9s became 10s yeah. We won’t be doing that again. Not relevant to this situation anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

The digital edition isn't up yet on Google Newsstand, again! I hope I don't have to wait for 10 days to read it, like last time.

It’s not officially on sale until Thursday. All the digital stuff went off on time this month for once, so hopefully it’ll be on google on day one. 

7 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Some 9s became 10s yeah. We won’t be doing that again. Not relevant to this situation anyway. 

It’s not officially on sale until Thursday. All the digital stuff went off on time this month for once, so hopefully it’ll be on google on day one. 

Ah, ok - cheers. How come the print subscribers have got their copies so early? Normally it's just a day or two early, tops.

And excuse my ignorance, but are you Nathan Brown, the editor of the magazine?

So pleased to see battlefront 2 getting called out for its bullshit and so depressing to see few other publications, online or otherwise, not taking a similar stance. I look forward to writing about this utter fiasco in 371 of Retro Gamer.

57 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

Is it a kicking because the game itself is bad, or does the Loot Box fiasco become the main reason the boot gets put in?

I thought the single player game was pretty mediocre. I know that’s not the main attraction but EA made quite a fuss of this one having a campaign. It’s shallow as a puddle and felt (not looked) like a PS2 game from the era before developers had really locked down how to make satisfying feeling T/FPS games on console. 

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

The Final Fantasy feature is the best thing I've read in a print mag in years. 

I also got the ffxii cover and am very, very happy about this.

Not a fan of the final fantasy games but the feature was interesting. Decent issue overall. 

I get that EA want to stick an Ultimate Team-style mode in all of their games, but at least Ultimate Team is a separate mode. In Battlefront II, they made it into the main / only multiplayer mode, and in Need for Speed it looks like they made it into the single-player.

On 12/2/2017 at 18:37, SeanR said:

6 to an 8, claiming it was a typo.

They were on the Edge Forums a fortnight/ week/ something before the magazine came out telling people they'd left the default 6/10 score on the review when it went to the printers, so I think it was legit. It's not like people read the review first, complained, then they came out and changed their minds.

53 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

They were on the Edge Forums a fortnight/ week/ something before the magazine came out telling people they'd left the default 6/10 score on the review when it went to the printers, so I think it was legit. It's not like people read the review first, complained, then they came out and changed their minds.

surely the default score would be a 5, being average like that.