rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Lineage 2 - Revolution

Bit of an odd one this. A full and complete F2P mmo that looks really nice, is insanely complicated and packed with systems, has plenty of f2p bullshit but is surprisingly kind on your time.

http://l2.netmarble.com/en

It's a mmo with full controls. Played isometric. You run around and hit things with your weapon and powers doing basic fetch and kill quests for idiots following a terrible plot. You have full control of your character and indeed that's the most efficient way to play.

However. If you want to treat it as a more hands off experience you can set the game to auto quest. You need to interact to kick off quests and collect rewards but otherwise your character will head off and kill orcs all by themselves. They can be even set to grind mobs in a specific area if that's your fetish. Over the levels I've played so far (15) it's introduced me to many, many systems, daily dungeons, tower of insolence, forging, runes and god knows what else. Playing in auto mode it's surprisingly mellow. There's 269 levels so I'm guessing the wall will come at some point but for now it's a nice free distractions.

I thought this was absolutely godawful. How the hell its garnering all these top marks from mobile sites I don’t know (actually I can take a guess). I saw someone on SA describe it as a battery intensive screensaver that nags you to buy stuff and I'd agree. In terms of gameplay Animal Crossing mobile is a fairly basic diversion, but it’s  like playing Civillisation next to this.

• Upvote 1

"Battery intensive screensaver" :) Yeah. I like that one.

It is a fairly accurate representation of your average Korean MMO though. Right down to the bot doing all the questing for you

2 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

I wonder how much money it took for Conan to say yes to this. 

He's a game slut. They probably just offered him a free best value bag of rubies.

• Upvote 1