IGNORED

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

JohnC

No, gimlis mate went there about 20 years before the film after the events from the Hobbit, found the balrog (again) and all got killed. Those are the skeletons they find as they go in. 

Dude you not read all the appendices?;)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Festoon said:

With Brexit uncertainty there was no way a 660 million dollar production was going to Scotland, unfortunately.

Yeah riiiight, thats why film & TV production are at record levels and Pinewood Studios are booked out for years in advance.:rolleyes:

The likes of Amazon don't give a shit about Brexit.

54 minutes ago, Festoon said:

All moveable.

And not having Brexit makes them 'immovable' then? :rolleyes:

Amazon will be far more concerned with those SNP nutjobs trying to break up their 2nd largest market outside of the US than they ever will be about the UK leaving the EU.

2 hours ago, MpM said:

And not having Brexit makes them 'immovable' then? :rolleyes:

Amazon will be far more concerned with those SNP nutjobs trying to break up their 2nd largest market outside of the US than they ever will be about the UK leaving the EU.

Things being cheaper tends to make studios move, yes. The second sentence is just too weird to process.

I'd imagine the shambles behind the Scottish National Film Studio probably helped in making the decision to film it in New Zealand (it was scheduled to be built outside Edinburgh, then it turned out they didn't have permission to throw the farmers off the land, then it was announced to be built in Leith with The Lord of the Rings rumoured to be filmed there if it was ready by autumn 2019. Guess what... it's not https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/whats-on/entertainment/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-set-to-be-filmed-in-leith-1-4907179)

Knowing Amazon, it wouldn't surprise me if there had been significant tax benefits offered for them to film in New Zealand. 

Oh.. wait...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12268736

Amazon in line for hundreds of millions in tax subsidies for filming Lord of the Rings series in NZ

One of the world's biggest companies is in line to receive hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies from taxpayers for producing the most expensive TV show in history, in New Zealand.

Amazon has confirmed a Lord of the Rings TV series will be produced in New Zealand, at a reported cost of $1.5 billion.

A spokesman for the Minister of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) told the Herald that Amazon is eligible for a 20 per cent tax subsidy for every dollar it spends in New Zealand.

This means Amazon would be in line for a $300 million taxpayer-funded subsidy, based on the reported $1.5 billion cost of production.

30 minutes ago, gone fishin' said:

Knowing Amazon, it wouldn't surprise me if there had been significant tax benefits offered for them to film in New Zealand. 

Oh.. wait...

Not the first time New Zealand offered significant tax subsidies for a Tolkien adaptation...

On 18/09/2019 at 18:08, gone fishin' said:

I'd imagine the shambles behind the Scottish National Film Studio probably helped in making the decision to film it in New Zealand (it was scheduled to be built outside Edinburgh, then it turned out they didn't have permission to throw the farmers off the land, then it was announced to be built in Leith with The Lord of the Rings rumoured to be filmed there if it was ready by autumn 2019. Guess what... it's not https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/whats-on/entertainment/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-set-to-be-filmed-in-leith-1-4907179)

Oh.. wait...

Don’t worry, we do the same for Disney all the time.

and all the other studios.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, JohnC said:

They've finally confirmed a bunch of cast, though not who they are playing. Starts shooting next month.

Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur, Nazanin Boniadi, Tom Budge, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers and Daniel Weyman.

I haven't seen such a long list of names of people I've never heard of since sitting through the credits to Red Dead 2.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:47, Sarlaccfood said:

I'd watch a cookery show with Samwise Gamgee in Hobbiton, with a different guest each week.

"Now Galadriel, what have you brought along today?"

"I bringeth Miruvor! The golden liquid hath been brewed in the halls of the house of Manwë, stood upon Taniquetil, the highest mountain of the Pelóri!

"and that's available in all good supermarkets is it?"

I've only just seen this post! :lol:

My brain has followed through on that now, with Galadriel looking at Samwise with a confused face, and Samwise saying "SU-PER MAR-KETS??" ;)

I wonder how far back they'll go prior to the Fellowship. Will we see any adventures from Aragorn? He's 87 in RotK, after all.

• 10 months later...