IGNORED

4K Blu Ray - anyone collecting?

strider

For £75 and the flimsiest looking digipack ever, I don't plan on finding out anytime soon. 

Speaking of flimsy, overpriced junk, (the steelbook, not the movie), this arrived today:

OLqEm89m.jpg

I abhor steelbooks, but I already own Arrow's limited edition set of RoboCop on Blu-ray and wasn't paying forty quid for the same thing. 

Happily, it fits in the same box:

dxQewLim.jpg

I would have waited for a standard release, but I prefer the theatrical cut and that was dropped from Arrow's standard Blu-ray release. I fear the same thing happening again.

FYI: For anyone looking to pre-order Second Sight's forthcoming release of Drive (2011), Rarewaves currently have both the standard and limited edition sets cheaper than elsewhere.

Just be aware that Rarewaves take payment immediately. 

Standard release (UHD only) is £21.01:

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5028836041481-drive
4af3c5551b2335cda412ce448fb58b29_471x594

Limited Edition set, (4K UHD, Blu-ray and other wank), £47.69:

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5028836041467-drive-limited-edition

862e9f6b1e32ee7092c53a61ed803366_592x458

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 22:14, Monkeyboy said:

I noticed Arrow are releasing a new limited edition of RoboCop on November 25th. But it's only standard blu-ray, even though it's from a  4k restoration. Bit annoying.

We’ve only had to wait just under 3 years for the 4K version 🤣

I feel reluctant to buy the 4k, having bought the blu-ray only two years ago. But I guess Arrow know people will double dip.* It leaves a sour taste tbh.

* When it comes to RoboCop, I've dipped more than twice. I'm fed up of dipping.

I’ve lost the BD. I have the case, but the film is nowhere to be seen(!)

I must rectify this with a 4K version of my favourite film.

Edited by SeanR

I really want RoboCop but it's bound to be in the next 40% off deal. That's how I got Deep Red. Transformers Steelbook was down from £35 to £19 as well. I think I'm largely done getting films on launch day.

16 hours ago, strider said:

I really want RoboCop but it's bound to be in the next 40% off deal. That's how I got Deep Red. Transformers Steelbook was down from £35 to £19 as well. I think I'm largely done getting films on launch day.

I wasn’t impressed by the HDR in TTFTM, lightsources such as the matrix was waay over done. 

• 1 month later...

I quite fancy the 4K Drive as I really like the film, but I already have it on blu-ray and can’t quite justify it. I’ll crumble eventually I’m sure.

Meanwhile I just ordered the 4K steelbook of Lawrence of Arabia, as I still haven’t seen the film and the transfer is meant to be mint.

The Batman should be delivered Monday too.