4K Blu Ray - anyone collecting?

Haha! To the point! 

@MatOfTheDead I really enjoyed it, personally. It's intense, very much a survival type of thriller, tale of revenge. The cinematography is incredible if that's something you're interested in. It's not necessarily eventful in terms of plotting but I feel it had momentum and tension. Not much dialogue but it has plenty to say about civilisation and nature. It's also pretty violent for info. 

Our BTTF set has decent artwork, yay! 

Warner Bros' UK store is into me for a few quid this month. 

Currently waiting on the Sherlock Holmes 1+2 bundle, The Goonies and Beetlejuice. 

Hope to have my US copy of Flash Gordon sooner, rather than later.  

I heard there's a 4K collection of Wong Kar-Wai films coming out in Korea later this year, which hopefully means international release at some point. Christopher Doyle at 4K. Chungking Express, Days of Being Wild, In the Mood for Love, Fallen Angels...ugh...

And I'm not a big fan of the films these days (not seen them for a good decade, mind you) but The Matrix Trilogy looks and sounds fantastic. That just turned up today and I'm actually looking forward to watching them all. Atmos mix is also fucking fantastic. Very pleased with this. 

16 minutes ago, MatOfTheDead said:

yeah matrix set impressed me looking forward to seeing how good this revenant disc is and also the dark knight

I'll look forward to your thoughts on The Revenant. I think it's probably the most impressive I've seen. 

11 hours ago, Marlew said:

I'll look forward to your thoughts on The Revenant. I think it's probably the most impressive I've seen. 

well pacific rim is normally my go to disc to show off i might give the revenant a spin later

On 28/08/2020 at 21:46, Marlew said:

Thisis a great film for 4k wow factor. That opening scene following through the treeline made my TV look like I was looking through an open window.

Does anyone have a 4k streaming thing like the Apple Tv? Thinking of getting one for cheap 4k films but didn’t know the various pros and cons vs disc, aside from the obvious price / actual object owned stuff. Is there a reason you don’t have one? Anyone happy to sing it’s praises?

12 hours ago, MatOfTheDead said:

pre ordered the nice fancy set of total recall with the soundtrack etc really loving the releases studio canal are putting out

Contrarily, I'm happy to wait for the tat-free US release, that's out in December. 

It's not technically 4K, from my understanding, but it's a 4K restoration and supposedly a very significant upgrade on the previous BD release. I ordered this from the States a long while ago and it's turned up just in time for my birthday :D

1 hour ago, Marlew said:

It's not technically 4K, from my understanding, but it's a 4K restoration and supposedly a very significant upgrade on the previous BD release. I ordered this from the States a long while ago and it's turned up just in time for my birthday :D

GOAT?

I always thought I was one of the few big fans of The New World. Glad that’s not the case. 

There are literally some of us.

It's not my ultimate GOAT but it's my favourite Malick which puts it pretty high up there! Just waiting for my wife to go to sleep and I'll be on it. 

Just now, Marlew said:

There are literally some of us.

It's not my ultimate GOAT but it's my favourite Malick which puts it pretty high up there! Just waiting for my wife to go to sleep and I'll be on it. 

Can somebody please tell me what a GOAT is.

Game of all time doesn’t seem right at all