rllmuk
SeanR

Blood and Truth

Aye, I really hope this does well because it deserves a sequel. Finished it this evening. There were some annoying difficulty spikes, but overall it's spectacular, an amazing showcase for VR.

Spoilers...

Spoiler

I let Sharp spout a load of shit; I thought he was done, and then he said "let me tell you a story" ... boom went my sawn-off. 

One of the highlights was a small part late on, with the lift. I was grinning like a fucking idiot and actually said out loud, "there is no spoon". :lol: :lol: :lol: 

It impressed me that partway through this moved away somewhat from the Ritchie-esque style of the early parts, and was more in line with summer action blockbuster late on. It was ridiculous, and fantastic. :D 

16 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Can I play this shit with just a controller and VR head set? 

I don’t have Move stuff. 

Eeeehhh, you can, but you'd be a "right fackin mug, mayte". 

Get some moves. Seriously. You're getting about a quarter of the experience with a pad, if that. 

Just ordered for tomorrow. First VR bit of gaming in ages.

I bought that multi-player shooter that I can't remember the name of, installed it but never played. Couldn't be assed with the faff.

I can for this though.

It’s quite funny, laughed quite hard at the bit in the art gallery where 

Spoiler

You and your bro graffiti some paintings with spray paint and he laughs “no need to ask what you’ve drawn” and I had, of course, sprayed a giant cock and balls.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Diggity said:

How the hell do you put the gun on your back?  I cant pick the lock as I have the gun stuck in my hand :facepalm:

Side arms have to go in holsters, bigger weapons reach over your shoulder and press the trigger

Make sure you put the move controller literally over your shoulder before pulling the trigger. It'll vibrate to tell you it's done. Could also be a bug mind you. 

One really nice touch I like in this game is when you're injured: you get blood trickling down the edge of your vision, it's really well done. Get used to seeing that a lot in the later levels! ;)

Oh and, one thing I didn't like: you can't dual-wield two big machine guns, or even a big machine gun and a pistol. The best combo I have found is the sawn-off and magnum. Fucking glorious when you pull off stunts with those two. 

Also, Splinter Cell in VR would be fucking phenomenal. The slow stealth is a perfect pairing for VR. There's one level in this I plan on revisiting to see if I can 100% stealth it. 

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Make sure you put the move controller literally over your shoulder before pulling the trigger. It'll vibrate to tell you it's done. Could also be a bug mind you. 

One really nice touch I like in this game is when you're injured: you get blood trickling down the edge of your vision, it's really well done. Get used to seeing that a lot in the later levels! ;)

Oh and, one thing I didn't like: you can't dual-wield two big machine guns, or even a big machine gun and a pistol. The best combo I have found is the sawn-off and magnum. Fucking glorious when you pull off stunts with those two. 

Also, Splinter Cell in VR would be fucking phenomenal. The slow stealth is a perfect pairing for VR. There's one level in this I plan on revisiting to see if I can 100% stealth it. 

Yeah it was vibrating, just stayed in my hand though.  Annoying.  Might just delete my save and start again then.

Aye this is cracking stuff. The gunplay and movement is brilliant and it's comfortably the best looking PSVR game I've played yet.

You're shuttled around from scene to scene and each has it's own flavour of carnage or discovery to offer. Surprisingly, more time has gone into the story and set up of all this than I'd have thought. This is a proper AAA level action game for VR.

I'm a good way into it now, (just completed the flats due for demolishion) and everything from the story to the action has kicked up a notch.

I like the climbing sections, it's a novel use of VR which really adds to your sense of presence and I also like the parts where it propels you through a stage and you can just focus on taking out everyone that pops up.

I've played a shed load of VR games this past month but this is comfortably the most ambitious. If you're into VR and you like action games, this game really can't be ignored.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, df0 said:

How much room is required for this? Same as for shall we say SuperHot?

no less than SuperHot as it says to sit whilst playing. you need some space around to pick things up etc.

1 hour ago, Robo_1 said:

I also like the parts where it propels you through a stage and you can just focus on taking out everyone that pops up.

I wasn't keen at first, but there are some set pieces late in which use that technique and they're amazing. :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Thor said:

I wasn't keen at first, but there are some set pieces late in which use that technique and they're amazing. :D

Oh that's good to hear. Looking forward. :)

Going to plump for this. Getting great reviews. 

I may be best asking in the PSVR thread but hey ho. Does anyone use a stock for their aim controller? I was loving Farpoint a little while back and will probably jump back in whilst I'm all setup for playing Blood and Truth and have just had Youtube feed me up a video after watching a Blood and Truth review, it showed someone reviewing a stock. They claimed it really added to Farpoint et al.

Just looked on Ebay and they are going for around £30 for a couple of different designs.

Anyone used one?

Felt very disappointed in this on my first go.  It has crashed on me 3 times so far and I found the gameplay to be boring, sitting around a table listening to people speaking through long cut scenes.  Felt like more of the same, like an extension of the London Heist from VR Worlds, rather than building upon it.  

I was wrong.  It's brilliant.  I'm wondering what the replay value might be once I've played it through, and I hope that subsequent playthroughs let you skip the talky bits, but the immersion is amazing.  It does feel like a load of tech demo ideas sellotaped together (walking through the art gallery was great but felt like a VR demo rather than a game) but I'm getting into the feel of it and really loving it.  Def one of the best games on the PSVR.

One thing I've struggled with is the bit where you get 2 guns at once and you have to hold them to your chest to reload.  I muddled through the safehouse bit not knowing what I was doing and feeling like I'd hit a dead end.  Then the game said "great! Now get out there and put your skills to use!" .  I have no idea what these new skills are and I can't see how to reload when you are holding 2 guns, unless I reholster them. What am I doing wrong?

49 minutes ago, dumpster said:

One thing I've struggled with is the bit where you get 2 guns at once and you have to hold them to your chest to reload.  I muddled through the safehouse bit not knowing what I was doing and feeling like I'd hit a dead end.  Then the game said "great! Now get out there and put your skills to use!" .  I have no idea what these new skills are and I can't see how to reload when you are holding 2 guns, unless I reholster them. What am I doing wrong?

You grab the clip from your chest with your left hand and you will end up holding gun and clip. Then just slam it into the gun in your right hand and vice versa.

• Upvote 1

Pro tip for large weapons . The tendency is to hold the controllers too far away from your face . If you are right handed with a big gun , hold the right controller close to your shoulder and the left one holding the barrel. Then lean your head in to look down the sight . 

• Upvote 2

Am I being really dense here? When using the pistol in the first level, I can’t grab ammo from my chest to reload with my left hand- the only way I can is switch the gun to my left hand, then I can grab the ammo with my right hand. Is that the only way to do it?

3 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Am I being really dense here? When using the pistol in the first level, I can’t grab ammo from my chest to reload with my left hand- the only way I can is switch the gun to my left hand, then I can grab the ammo with my right hand. Is that the only way to do it?

Try recalibrating, you can hold the gunand reload in either hand.

14 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Try recalibrating, you can hold the gunand reload in either hand.

Yeah I tried that, still doesn’t work. The weird thing is that the ammo on my chest looks different when I switch the gun to the left hand- a clip appears there when I have my right hand free, but not my left??

and done. Great little game that. Top production values, a few glitches now and again but overall well worth the time and money.

It'll be interesting to see the sales figures. Time to sell it on and get some dough back.

Anyone have difficulty aiming down sights with the Move controllers? It seems to obscure the headset and lights causing the in-game camera to jitter about.

Apart from a few bugs where your character refuses to move to the next marker requiring a restart and some weird physics/animation glitches this is a pretty solid VR game.

The 'sat at a desk/following another character while they talk on and on' bits are pure tedium though. Probably would have been impressive 3 years ago when VR had that WOW! factor, but not anymore unfortunately. Also all the characters in-game appear to be scaled on the small side which doesn't help sell the illusion.

Gunplay is mint though. Apart from aiming down sights.

3 hours ago, AI1 said:

Anyone have difficulty aiming down sights with the Move controllers? It seems to obscure the headset and lights causing the in-game camera to jitter about.

Apart from a few bugs where your character refuses to move to the next marker requiring a restart and some weird physics/animation glitches this is a pretty solid VR game.

The 'sat at a desk/following another character while they talk on and on' bits are pure tedium though. Probably would have been impressive 3 years ago when VR had that WOW! factor, but not anymore unfortunately. Also all the characters in-game appear to be scaled on the small side which doesn't help sell the illusion.

Gunplay is mint though. Apart from aiming down sights.

I didn't have any issues aiming down sights. I'll agree with everyone being small though, that was noticeable to me, but not enough to ruin the illusion. 

On 01/06/2019 at 12:16, AI1 said:

The 'sat at a desk/following another character while they talk on and on' bits are pure tedium though. Probably would have been impressive 3 years ago when VR had that WOW! factor, but not anymore unfortunately.

100% this.  The levels where you actually get to do some shooting (and even the climbing) are great, but there's just SO MUCH FILLER.  I'm almost exactly half way through the game now, and really hoping things will open up in the second half.

On 31/05/2019 at 21:50, boybrown said:

and done. Great little game that. Top production values, a few glitches now and again but overall well worth the time and money.

It'll be interesting to see the sales figures. Time to sell it on and get some dough back.

• Upvote 4