rllmuk
SeanR

Blood and Truth

Does it deserve it's own thread?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/10/30/blood-truth-announced-for-playstation-vr-from-the-team-behind-the-london-heist/#sf128799086#sf128908670

Stuart Whyte, Director of VR Product Development at London Studios says

Blood & Truth was inspired by one of our earlier projects – PlayStation VR Worlds (which has gone on to be one of the top-selling titles with PS VR owners), a range of experiences which included The London Heist

and the heist was the best thing on the VR worlds disc, and had plenty of scope for building a proper full game around. So they have:

DNduwN6WAAE2w0_.jpg:large

and

Finally, in Blood and Truth you have the opportunity to make your own dialogue choices as the story unfolds – your experience is directly impacted and you can actually shape the type of action hero you want to be.

yay, supports multiple playthroughs, and so on and so forth!

This is out next week (I think) and there's a pretty glowing preview in Eurogamer.

... reloading is a pleasingly tactile gesture that you can embellish with your own flourishes. It's gun-fu, essentially, as recently popularised by the John Wick films, and in Blood & Truth it feels every bit as good as it looks on the big screen. It's a simple game, yes, but it's those small things that could make it very special indeed.

Will be buying!

Previews make it sound really good.

https://www.gamesradar.com/blood-and-truth-preview/

But the guns. Oh dear lord, the guns. Precise, and with minute vibrations when you reload and holster them, they feel fantastic to shoot. Although dual-wielding is chaotic, manic fun, if you bring one of the move controllers under the hand holding a pistol, for example, you can steady your aim and look down the sights. Pick up a SMG, and hold one of the move controllers to your shoulder to steady the gun against your body, making your aim more precise. Or you can dual-wield combat shotguns and just obliterate anything standing in front of you. Simple, but effective.

• Upvote 4

So I got PS moves on Sat after owning Psvr since launch. I couldn't resist Beat Saber anymore. 

What a game. I love it and it's got me gaming again for first time this year. Blood and Truth is day 1 for me too. 

this is getting some decent ad space on Sky Sports in the evenings. Sony splashing the cash. Is it because it's pap and they want loads to pre order before reviews?

I'm getting far too cynical in my old age. I pre ordered this a month ago. i really hope its not a big disappointment like Everybody's Golf VR.

• Downvote 1

It's getting a lot of good early previews. I think the only real concern may be length. Its likely not to be a really long game. 

53 minutes ago, boybrown said:

I really hope its not a big disappointment like Everybody's Golf VR.

Is Everybody's Golf VR no good then? How come?

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

It's getting a lot of good early previews. I think the only real concern may be length. Its likely not to be a really long game. 

It's supposed to be 6 hours or so I believe.

17 minutes ago, AI1 said:

No multiplayer and a general lack of content compared to the main series appear to have made it a non event for most fans. What’s there has reviewed well, though.

10 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

No multiplayer and a general lack of content compared to the main series appear to have made it a non event for most fans. What’s there has reviewed well, though.

Ah ok. I'll still pick it up at some point probably.

Will also get this game too. Thought the London Heist was very immersive, so more of that will be great.

3 hours ago, AI1 said:

It just seems like a lonely experience. I knew it wouldn't have multiplayer (which is a downer) but no bots or scores to chase whilst playing in single player is a complete no no for me. Every golf game has a leaderboard with A.Player leading the tournament by 3 shots with 2 holes to go then he double bogeys on the 17th giving you the chance to win the tournament by 1 shot :) I enjoyed the demo but the main game needs more for me. It could be fine for you though.

This is fucking fantastic. The best graphics I've seen in VR yet, and the best facial animation I've seen full stop. Fucking hell they really nailed that. The acting isn't going to win any awards (imagine Danny Dyer playing all the characters), though Colin Salmon is actually fairly decent, despite the accent.

The shooting feels excellent, and the set pieces I've seen have been really well done, and that's in spite of the one quibble I have: Some of the on-foot stuff is on rails, and while it's very fun, it doesn't feel quite right. I prefer the encounters where you move from point to point, and then shoot from a single position.

There was a small stealth bit that was fucking great. Reminded me a lot of Splinter Cell, actually, but with "fackin' geezers" instead of terrorists. 

I also like some of the things you can do that you may not expect, like throwing the e-cig at your brother and him reacting appropriately. Can't wait to play more, had to really force myself to stop tonight. 

• Upvote 3

Just make sure you're not sat in big armchair, you need all the space that is immediately around you. I'm about to go in for more. :D

Sounds brilliant. Eurogamer give it a recommended, but the review does a good job of making it sound pretty fantastic. I'm going to try and wait until payday (only a couple of weeks away), but I'll see how my resolve holds after I've had another crack at London Heist now that I have Move controllers...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-29-blood-and-truth-review-a-vr-trip-to-the-ritchieverse-thats-filled-with-charm

Just started playing this and it's very stylish. The movement isn't bothering me as much as i thought.  it looks and sounds great too. Thumbs up so far

Nice game indeed. Calling it a night after getting to some decks.

Very impressed with the fact it made me squint one eye when precision aiming and I'm in VR. 

First experience of virtual vertigo too, after climbing a ladder I was smack on the edge of small roof and yup! my brain and inner ear was convinced I was gonna fall a long way down.  I proper wobbled. 

• Upvote 1