Jump to content

Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP


Fargo
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

How are you meant to order the expansion pack and PS5 upgrade? All I can see is the £15 directors cut for PS4.

 

A handy-dandy Expansion+PS5-upgrade pack specifically for PS4, will appear on the Store on the 20th.

 

God knows why they haven't put it online already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think the PS5 upgrade item will only go up when it's actually launched. Something like that. So you can pre-order the £15 PS4 director's cut, but not the £9 PS5 upgrade. For reasons.


I did wonder why I couldn’t see it earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think the PS5 upgrade item will only go up when it's actually launched. Something like that. So you can pre-order the £15 PS4 director's cut, but not the £9 PS5 upgrade. For reasons.

 

3 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

A handy-dandy Expansion+PS5-upgrade pack specifically for PS4, will appear on the Store on the 20th.

 

God knows why they haven't put it online already.

 

Eh, thanks for that. Jeez, can nothing ever be simple?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been meaning to play this for a long while now and didn't know there was a PS5 update due. Best wait for that then. Love the look on the visuals on this and the setting in historical Japan. :) Not sure about the actual gameplay though but those environments look stunning.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

I've been meaning to play this for a long while now and didn't know there was a PS5 update due. Best wait for that then. Love the look on the visuals on this and the setting in historical Japan. :) Not sure about the actual gameplay though but those environments look stunning.

 

 

If you're not oversaturated by open world games/Ubigames, this'll probably be an excellent experience. If you did play a lot of those, there won't be much new stuff, but you'll get an brilliant combat system and a great story. It's one of the few games I've got a platinum trophy for, and despite the Store-annoyances I really want to play the expansion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

 

If you're not oversaturated by open world games/Ubigames, this'll probably be an excellent experience. If you did play a lot of those, there won't be much new stuff, but you'll get an brilliant combat system and a great story. It's one of the few games I've got a platinum trophy for, and despite the Store-annoyances I really want to play the expansion.

Great! Really looking forward to playing this! :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/08/2021 at 12:05, Fargo said:

Anyone know how the save transfer from ps4 to ps5 will work with the directors cut ?

 

We do now:

 

 

Also, PS5 Trophy spam confirmed. (As in transferring a save will instantly unlock all unlocked PS4 trophies on PS5 as well.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if you start the game on Ps4 just now the main menu has a pop up to upgrade to the Directors cut. Issue is it only takes you to the full Directors cut at £69.99 and not the £15 upgrade, let alone any sign of the PS5 upgrade (Yes, I know they said the 20th but I'm an impatient man-child who's never played this game and can't wait)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

So if you start the game on Ps4 just now the main menu has a pop up to upgrade to the Directors cut. Issue is it only takes you to the full Directors cut at £69.99 and not the £15 upgrade, let alone any sign of the PS5 upgrade (Yes, I know they said the 20th but I'm an impatient man-child who's never played this game and can't wait)

 

The PS4 upgrade is on the store already (and has been for weeks): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA13323_00-GHOSTDIRECTORCUT

 

But not the PS5 part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

So it turns out this upgrade is just better loading times. Real time cut scenes and better resolution.

Everything else remains the same.

There is extra content though so it might be worth it for people who want more. For me it’s not enough.


The load times on the PS4 were pretty ridiculous to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really wish I hadn't sold this 6 months or so ago now. Was this planned? it sounds like it came out of the blue about 2 months ago? If so, You'd think devs would reveal any DLC plans asap to put people off trading the game in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you've been close to the fire enough to know how stuff like this works/happens.

 

Upgrade for PS4->PS5+DLC is now live, but confusingly, you can only know it's the right upgrade on the website by the PS4 & PS5 markers tucked away in the icon and the price as the accompanying description is shared by multiple items.

 

This is beyond parody. Whoever thought up the Store UI needs a very stern talking to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I played this on launch on the PS4 Pro, loved it, completed pretty much everything.

 

Does anyone have an idea how long the DLC is in terms of hours roughly as I don't want to pay £15 and its only a couple of hours long.


https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-long-is-the-ghost-of-tsushima-iki-island-expansion/1100-6495353/#:~:text=In our Ghost of Tsushima,up to approximately 10 hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, it depends on how much you want to do on the island:
 

Quote

In our Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion review, editor Phil Hornshaw wrote that you could finish the DLC in "just a handful of hours" if you mainline the quest. To be precise, the add-on's storyline runs about three hours in total. Completing all the side missions pushes that runtime up to approximately 10 hours. Meanwhile, trying to track down all the collectibles and completing all the additional quests extends Iki Island to almost 15 hours in length.

It's possible you could spend longer on the island, especially if you're looking to unlock a trophy for discovering all the Unwritten Tales. Hornshaw said he has put roughly 23 hours into the expansion and still has not gotten that trophy despite completing the myriad of content found on Iki Island.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Capwn said:

I really wish I hadn't sold this 6 months or so ago now. Was this planned? it sounds like it came out of the blue about 2 months ago? If so, You'd think devs would reveal any DLC plans asap to put people off trading the game in.

Why, when they'll most likely just pick it up again digitally in sale? Then they've had 2 lots of money out of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

You can just jump straight in.

 

So, load my NG+ where I still have a lot of mini quests and collectibles to finish and I can jump between that and the DLC island? Yeah, after initially being put off by the additional £9 for the PS5 upgrade I can see myself on this tonight, especially since I haven't actually played it since the 60 FPS was introduced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, because the DLC costs £16. So it's £16 for the DLC content as PS4 content, and an extra £9 for the PS5 upgrade (all in one package, price £25.)

 

But the PS5 updates are relatively limited (because the game already looks great and is 60fps on PS5 via BC) so it's probably a non-essential upgrade. You're getting an upgrade to haptics, 3D audio, an uplift in resolution from 1800p to 4K, the ability to have lip-sync with Japanese language, and faster loading times than the already fast times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.