ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

I didn't get on with the beta that much. No idea why but since then I've been getting steadily more interested to the point I bought it today. I've just had a few matches and I'd like to say surprisingly how relaxing it is. It's a competitive team game but one where lets face it who gives a shit. It's all about smashing the shit and causing mayhem.

I wonder when they plan to add the premium currency purchases. All the parts are there ready.

The biggest problem at the moment is there aren't enough human players and the matchmaking doesn't balance between human and cpu players. I just had a match where there were four human players on my side and the entire opposing team were bots. 

1 hour ago, Flub said:

The biggest problem at the moment is there aren't enough human players and the matchmaking doesn't balance between human and cpu players. I just had a match where there were four human players on my side and the entire opposing team were bots. 

I'd recommend getting stuck into the SuperStar mode first and then hit MP. Unless you are playing with mates obviously.

33 minutes ago, Flub said:

I haven't touched the single player yet. Is it worth it?

I'm enjoying it alright, though I suppose that's a subjective answer. Plenty of rewards, though I assume those will also be available via online mode. Rushy suggested that he'd not be venturing online until he'd completed the SP campaign, which is what I'll be doing too.

1 minute ago, Flub said:

I wish it would mix up the teams between matches. It can get a little one sided at times.

You can mix the team compositions up in the 'create your own race' mode in which you can set the time of year, day and weather conditions (furthest right.)

I'm intrigued by this nd liked what I've seen from that making of vid but missed the Beta, from what I understand the element of being first is not the goal here, but what happens if you are first in the pack, do you have to slow down to take out the pack and score points etc. or does the AI always form around you?

There are occasions (Most often in switch and lockdown) where you can be too far ahead of the pack. Slowing down generally gets you mullered at those points too :) If you get too far behind the game will drag you forward and dump you straight in the middle of the pack

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

Unless my eyes have bad memories, this appears to look noticeable better on base PS4 than the beta.

Still not feeling Countdown anything like the stupendously good Overdrive mode and that feeling of chaining things and boosts together. Even more so when I had a go on single player. It just feel far less sophisticated and satisfying,  concentrating vehicles into the same bit of the track ends up making it far more about bashing into each other.  I'm not sure about Lockdown yet for the same reason. Loving the purity of the Switch mode though,  which balances staying out the way and taking each other down beautifully. Trying to be the last bike standing and then the last vehicle standing is aces. That's fucking brilliant. Easy to grasp too and probably should have been in the Beta to tempt more people to buy it.

Generally absolutely loving it.

I was just terrible at it, but holy fuck yes Switch is officially a fucking amazing mode. Next level Burnout Takedowns shit set in a Motorstorm universe with the additional feelings of contributing to the team effort even if you are a bit crap. Gets well tense when down to one vehicle on each side. Wonderful.

Countdown continues to flummox me.

Just had a game where I trundled along at the back staying out of catch up point, but really trying to catch up,  and breezing through huge gates involving no skills whatsoever with no sign of the opposition and we won comfortably. It wasn't very satisfying.

Putting checkpoint gate racing in the mix makes sense, but I'm really not convinced the mode works particularly well as it is. 

More fun this morning.

Lockdown can be absolute carnage at times online, but I'm getting to grips with it and enjoying it. More enjoyable the more familiar I am with the track. It's also the mode where I feel most part of a team. I've been choosing a boost buddy dynamo car for that. Feels good to drive together and take a succession of zones.

I really want this, but with Sushi Striker out on Friday, it is going to have to wait. Hoping it has longevity to it. 

With regards to that, how much is there to do in single player? Is it worth buying as a single player game down the line? 

It'll randomly start giving one of the teams the lockdown for free very quickly even with nobody anywhere near it. In a game it's always the same team once it picks one.

I just can't get into the groove tonight. No idea why. Also it keeps matching me into the same selection of groups. Smells of very low player count.

23 hours ago, bradigor said:

I really want this, but with Sushi Striker out on Friday, it is going to have to wait. Hoping it has longevity to it. 

With regards to that, how much is there to do in single player? Is it worth buying as a single player game down the line? 

100 odd events in SP - each with its own sub-challenges to aim for, so quite similar to Driveclub.

EDIT: Sorry, my pointer froze on me when I was making this post, so I couldn't add more at the time. Yes, it is well worth it, as @U-1 has pointed out, it eases you into the game and modes and gives you a load of pretty unlocks.