ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

Watching the Digital Foundry video and the part that impressed me most, was a 2 year dev cycle on a brand new game with just 60 people.

That not only shows just how far we have come with regards to development tools and ability to iterate, test and create but also a great team cohesiveness and trust.

I hope it finds its niche (Im looking for a core single player arcade offering, so I don't think it's quite my thing but appreciate the ideas and invention), but with these sorts of overheads on the project I very much look forward to the team being prolific in their development future.

Yeah, watched the two DF videos and so impressed by what a team that size has managed to do. A little bothered about so many references to Arcade Racer still, and hope it develops into the MORBA I imagine it to be, but it looks quite the technical achievement.

For anyone who's got/getting it I'd be interested to know if they've made things like the barrel rolling for the Vortex car more accessible - that (and the bike tricks, to an extent) seemed really clunky and a lot less useful than you might've hoped. I'd have had barrel roll as a button command (eg x + l/r on leaving a ramp) with different rates of turn for different vehicles so there'd be plenty of risk/reward. 

Got my copy yesterday as well. The other tracks are so good! Managed to get a quick play session going with a few other people while the game filled in the rest with bots : )  ranked play is currently unavailable.. Im

assuming this will go live on Tuesday? 

Oh and a little bit dissapointed that they weren't able to get a 60fps option into the base xb1 version. Going by digital foundrys video, it sounded like they were aiming to get it in there. Possible inclusion in a future update rushy? Please say yes.

4 hours ago, Akira said:

...weren't able to get a 60fps option into the base xb1 version. Going by digital foundrys video, it sounded like they were aiming to get it in there. Possible inclusion in a future update rushy? Please say yes.

That was indeed what was said, something about it being simply an unfamiliarity with coding for the console after being with Sony for eleven plus years. They're all wizards (despite the lack of beards) so I'm sure it won't be too long.

Now I've got past the 'getting to know you stage' this is turning out to be completely brilliant. It's so fucking weird whilst also seeming so fucking now, that I can't quite work out if it's going to struggle to find an audience or become one of the biggest games of the year.

Do think that first hour or two is a bit of a struggle though. It seems to over-explain some mechanics whilst being too vague about others. Hope that doesn't end up putting people off.

Great to see it start clicking with a few people.. I'm having an absolute blast with it. 

Now got a real good feel for each gamemode and vehicle class. It's no walk in the park difficulty wise either, some of the race objectives in SuperStar mode add a real nice challenge.

Will be interesting to see how it reviews come Monday.

7 hours ago, MeanElf said:

That was indeed what was said, something about it being simply an unfamiliarity with coding for the console after being with Sony for eleven plus years. They're all wizards (despite the lack of beards) so I'm sure it won't be too long.

Fingers crossed! I wouldn't at all mind the sacrifice in resolution to hit that frame rate.

6 hours ago, Mars said:

Is it 60fps on a One S?

Pretty sure it's only the X that's currently got the 60fps option 

Wishing Evo all the best for review day! That world sim stuff is some next level shiz, special props to the tech guys. Pity they can't just sell that weather tech wholescale, I'd love to see that attention to detail in open world/survival games.

34 minutes ago, Strafe said:

If the regular PS4 can do 60fps then I wouldn’t think it too hard.

@Rushy is there any leap from a pro to an x?

Thats what I’d like to know too - I’m leaning towards the One X version - I prefer the controller and the rumble :) hopefully Rushy will let me know in time so I can order with ShopTo today :)

5 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Thats what I’d like to know too - I’m leaning towards the One X version - I prefer the controller and the rumble :) hopefully Rushy will let me know in time so I can order with ShopTo today :)

This guy is on an XB1 X and maybe he can help with that answer:

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

If the regular PS4 can do 60fps then I wouldn’t think it too hard.

@Rushy is there any leap from a pro to an x?

i *think* the pro is pushing out around 1440p @ 60fps so the x could well be above that

I haven’t tried online yet, so that could be 1080p

The X is more powerful but they kept saying in the video how they knew PS4 inside out and didn't know the Xbox as well, so its possible/likely the Xbox code may not be as elegant or optimised on launch, but may be hitting resolutions by brute force.

Some guy online up to level 97 already.....

1st question why isn’t it capped to say 50 until it’s officially released and 2nd, why am I being pitched against him When i am at level 6? 

5 hours ago, Gotters said:

The X is more powerful but they kept saying in the video how they knew PS4 inside out and didn't know the Xbox as well, so its possible/likely the Xbox code may not be as elegant or optimised on launch, but may be hitting resolutions by brute force.

I don't get this. I thought they were both PC's these days?!

This game could definitely do with more achievements/trophies, and harder ones at that too. There's only 32 of them and I've managed to unlock 23 of them since Saturday evening. 

Hoping they will be adding more in the future? I know not everyone enjoys achievement hunting, but it's always been something I've enjoyed.