Jump to content

ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Flub said:

I remain to be convinced of it as a full price title though.

 

This is my issue. Not sure I'd drop £40-50 on this. I've been having great fun on the beta although at the moment don't sub to PS+ and I need to have a compelling single player mode because I don't play online that much. IMHO this would do better as a Fortnite type model get the base bits free and then upsell on the vehicles etc - although this will probably happen anyway (chargeable vehicle/customisation packs etc) If it leans to heavily on online play then won't be buying at full price.

 

The game is following a trend.. making it part of PS+ and charging say a nominal fee of £10-20 for the base game or free on PS+ would make for a great long term strategy IMHO.

 

Interesting to see where it goes... Great fun though at the moment for a freebie! :) 

 

Edit:-

 

"SINGLE PLAYER

ONRUSH has a full single player campaign with a nearly 100 individual events to compete in and test your skills against the AI. All of which can be played co-cooperatively with a buddy!"

 

Be interesting to see how the co-op element works is doesn't appear to be a split screen mode.

 

Looking forward to seeing what the full game turns out like in terms of single player offline and online modes!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the handling model and looks I think I’d have bought this day 1 if it was a convential racer - with it being so heavily dependent on online and multiplayer its unlikely to be worth a punt down the road at 15-20 quid as  the hardcore will be all be levelled up way beyond you and broader interest dwindled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gotters said:

With the handling model and looks I think I’d have bought this day 1 if it was a convential racer - with it being so heavily dependent on online and multiplayer its unlikely to be worth a punt down the road at 15-20 quid as  the hardcore will be all be levelled up way beyond you and broader interest dwindled. 

 

 Depends on the single player modes for me. However I expect the ethos of the game is multiplayer... And yes thats the problem with muitiplayer games... interest peaks and then usually dwindles...although there are always exceptions.


For me personally never have time to level up on something and be competitive so have fun for a while and then get bored very quickly. I always prefer a single player challenge over multiplayer.

 

Think its just the way things are these days... the focus is on multiplayer games to  build communities of players that you can sell extra content too. Which is fair enough I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amc said:

Time to jump back in with some knowledge.

And I think this makes a huge difference and hopefully something that can be addressed prior to release. 

 

Remember when games came with nice manuals? - This needs one to read on the bus home after picking it up from Electronics Boutique. :blah:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gotters said:

 with it being so heavily dependent on online and multiplayer 

 

I think that's a misconception.

 

There's a full single-player campaign with over ninety events and hundreds of objectives. There are hundreds of challenges and a full set of achievements/trophies to unlock (non of which need multiplayer).  With at least 20hrs of solo gameplay at launch if you want to try and complete everything on offer alone.

In-fact I wholeheartedly recommend you play through all of the single player campaign before considering jumping into multiplayer. That's exactly what I'll be doing at launch (probably spending a little too long in photo mode ;)).

Plus we plan to continue to add more features and content post release, so watch this space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rushy said:

There's a full single-player campaign with over ninety events and hundreds of objectives. There are hundreds of challenges and a full set of achievements/trophies to unlock (non of which need multiplayer).  With at least 20hrs of solo gameplay at launch if you want to try and complete everything on offer alone.

 

That sounds interesting.  In the single player mode, are you still driving as part of a team?  One of the biggest turn-offs in the beta was that I felt like my contribution was negligible, so I'd be really interested in one on one battles or something where your own performance is all that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, partious said:

Someone mentioned levelling above. What sort of levelling system does the game have?

 

Fairly straight forward really:

 

 - By performing actions in a match you earn medals ('actions' can be anything from taking someone down, to scoring a number of points, or simply completing an entire match)
 - Medals give you XP (Bronze, Silver & Gold medals for 3 different sums of XP).
 - XP goes towards your level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rushy said:

Fairly straight forward really:

 

 - By performing actions in a match you earn medals ('actions' can be anything from taking someone down, to scoring a number of points, or simply completing an entire match)
 - Medals give you XP (Bronze, Silver & Gold medals for 3 different sums of XP).
 - XP goes towards your level.

 

Does your level make you stronger/faster/better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rushy said:

 

No. All rewards are purely cosmetic to keep an even play field online.

 

What about in single player? 

 

I only ask as it's often the beat Bronze / get Silver / Gold routine giving performance rewards that's the hook in games for me.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, catinthehat said:

That sounds interesting.  In the single player mode, are you still driving as part of a team?  One of the biggest turn-offs in the beta was that I felt like my contribution was negligible, so I'd be really interested in one on one battles or something where your own performance is all that matters.

How far did you get with the beta? I ask as I was left feeling that way (a bit) at first, though pretty quickly (say by level 15 or so) I was starting to chain, plan and feel that I was achieving things other than gloriously random shit. Ended today at lvl 35 on some MP to try out the two new tracks and managed to survive a lot longer on a track I didn't know, than I ever did on the first day. I also placed consistently higher in the ranking (something I'm normally terrible at) with better medals and a solid feeling of having achieved that place in my 'team'. This was also true for the SP track too.

 

There are also some handy little clips in the game to show how to do what and where you need to be aiming yourself with each chosen class. Disclaimer: I'm shite at MP for medical reasons so SP is important to me. I felt involved in this SP and furthermore, MP didn't give me any snash - which I found  to be absolutely awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanElf said:

How far did you get with the beta?

 

Not far enough.  I think that's a risk a game like this takes with betas and demos, as it definitely seems to be a slow burner.  From the feedback in the thread, I think quite a few people have struggled to understand and appreciate it initially, and unfortunately in my case I don't have the inclination to persevere when a game doesn't click within an hour.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m very undecided. Liked the beta very much to the point where I kept returning to it. That’s a good sign. But for some reason I can not see myself spending 45 quid on it.

 

:unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, df0 said:

I’m very undecided. Liked the beta very much to the point where I kept returning to it. That’s a good sign. But for some reason I can not see myself spending 45 quid on it.

 

:unsure:

 

If you liked the beta definitely take the plunge.. I think people will be impressed with the single player campaign there is plenty to get stuck into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, U-1 said:

 

If you liked the beta definitely take the plunge.. I think people will be impressed with the single player campaign there is plenty to get stuck into.

 

Leaning toward this state of mind... don't have PS+ but enjoyed messing with the beta lots. If single player has enough playtime to justify the price (which it appears to do).. I'm in.... Could do with a fun off road driver.... and well there isn't much around like this at the moment....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, U-1 said:

 

If you liked the beta definitely take the plunge.. I think people will be impressed with the single player campaign there is plenty to get stuck into.

Thanks, that is good news. Again, I liked the multiplayer aspect of the beta a lot, but I know damned well objective based multiplayer modes make me blood boil when I become too engaged - the Overwatch topic houses some embarrassing rage moments from yours truly.

 

I need to stay away from those modes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, df0 said:

I’m very undecided. Liked the beta very much to the point where I kept returning to it. That’s a good sign. But for some reason I can not see myself spending 45 quid on it.

 

:unsure:

 

How about spending 40 pounds on it from ShopTo like I did?

 

Pretty confident that will end up being superb value for money.

Although I will have to sign up to playstation plus again, which is a bit of an arse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping the beta would keep going until midnight as I'm off tomorrow, it's been good to switch between this and God of War so I look forward to playing the full game on the 6th. Only problem is the crazy cost of digital versions, it's a pretty small thing but just having to swap a disc is enough for me to play something else as my PS4 is stuck out of the way rather than right beside me. Same reason I don't bother with physical Switch games, the Zelda cartridge stays in and everything else is digital. I'm sure I can dig out some old guff to trade in for PSN credit though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

Can see this game dropping to 20 pounds quickly. 

Based on? I on the other hand am confident that the game will do well. We had a phenomenal amount of support with Driveclub, which was also a bit of a risk game-style wise; yet that took off very strongly once stabilised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, df0 said:

I’m very undecided. Liked the beta very much to the point where I kept returning to it. That’s a good sign. But for some reason I can not see myself spending 45 quid on it.

 

:unsure:

 

I'll just leave this here.... £39.85 ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanElf said:

Based on? I on the other hand am confident that the game will do well. We had a phenomenal amount of support with Driveclub, which was also a bit of a risk game-style wise; yet that took off very strongly once stabilised.

 

This is quite a different proposition to Driveclub though. Unfortunately the beta has put me off, I wish it had demonstrated some of the single player as that might have changed my mind. I’ll see how it reviews, single player especially and maybe reconsider later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.