Rushy

ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

32 minutes ago, MeanElf said:

Good options for the replays, more than I expected actually - pulled 124 pics from 10 x 20 second saves from 2 matches.

How do you access them? 

1 hour ago, stefcha said:

How do you access them? 

From the main menu (Play, Customise etc.,) about half-way down you'll now see Replays. To make a replay, you'll need to press the touch pad (PS4) at any time during a race to create a save-file of the previous 20 seconds; so after a cool moment or the like - that's all they do so far - and you can save up to five of them in total. You'll get a menu prompt once back in the main menu screen, like you do when you've unlocked something.

Another point of importance, the lot will vanish once you've exited the game, so any photo mode or capture stuff you want from it, will need to be done before exiting the game.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, stefcha said:

Unsurprisingly there seems to be no official mention of this anywhere whatsoever, but this is currently available to play for free for a bit on Xbox:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/play-onrush-free-for-a-limited-time/bvr7msct2xg8

No idea what the deal is with respect for content or how long it'll be playable, they'll probably remember to say when it's over. Still, best give it a go if only to experience the much-anticipated ranked mode ability to save replays for the first time. 

Until the 12th, apparently.

I’m going to give it a pity download and play.

• Upvote 1

This is a lot of fun. I especially like Lockdown and don’t miss the racing aspect like I thought I would.

However, they’ve managed to make it free to try on Xbox the same weekend as the Black Ops 4 beta. This game will never catch a break, it seems.

• Upvote 1

I've been having a lot of fun on this.... Thinking about picking it up but I know the moment I do it will be part of game pass or something...

On 10/08/2018 at 10:42, MattyP said:

I've been having a lot of fun on this.... Thinking about picking it up but I know the moment I do it will be part of game pass or something...

I'm not sure how all that kind of thing works - but I shouldn't think it'll be added to Game Pass so soon after a free trial, or has that happened before? I think the free trial was to encourage players to buy.

4 hours ago, Dudley said:

If it goes on Game Pass anytime this year then it bombed even hard than we all thought.

Quite a few folks on Twitter saying they like it as a result of the XB free trial, so I'm quietly confident. 

• Upvote 2

Picking this up... Great pick up and play game... Actually don't mind it not being a racer and  just enjoy blasting around... It's simple to pick up and once you get into it surprisingly deep gameplay

• Upvote 1

Well got this just in time before my tral weekend runs out!!! Really is addictive loving the mayhem.

Think the other main reason for buying this is to show support for these type of games because if we don't buy these we'll be left with just the same old regular racers - nothing wrong with them - but great to have full on arcade games too which involve smashing things up and having fun... This just keeps me smiling every time I fire it up... And a "quick go" usually means an hour passes extremely quickly! 

Glad I picked this up and glad I have some time to spend on it now which I didn't at launch. This will be a game I keep dipping in and out off for a long while.... 

Edit:. This looks great on the Xbox X too which is the icing on the cake!

• Upvote 1

Anyone know where there is a guide or something to this?

Been playing now for a couple of days... and gradually getting used to the game. But not sure how for example the combo system works? Had a quick look around the OnRush site but doesn't seem to have any details... I do miss a good instruction manual at times so old school I know...although I was surprised when I got a pad button guide slip in the box with this :) 

8 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Anyone know where there is a guide or something to this?

Been playing now for a couple of days... and gradually getting used to the game. But not sure how for example the combo system works? Had a quick look around the OnRush site but doesn't seem to have any details... I do miss a good instruction manual at times so old school I know...although I was surprised when I got a pad button guide slip in the box with this :) 

When you say combo system, do you mean the thing in the Overdrive mode? Just keep boosting, when you're out of boost you lose your combo and it gets added to the total, but you do have a second or two where you can not boost and the combo doesn't fade out if you need to conserve a bit for a jump landing or something to gain boost. While you're boosting you get points added as well for all the usual actions, anything that generates a "callout" (the things that get listed next to your rush meter as you do them - again, those are totally unexplained), so big air, close to teammates, close to enemy, takedown, fodder takedown, tricks, tombstone pickups and so on. Your combo will max out at 5x (stars) and that's time to use your Rush as it lets the combo go to 10x. When your rush is complete, it's combo over but can easily get a combo of a couple of thousand points.

I've played a lot but I'm still not sure when your combo points get "banked" though, does getting taken out whilst in the middle of a big combo mean you lose all those points, or do they get banked? No clue, and the game never tells you - detailed stats post game would be a godsend, or at least some clear in-game feedback. You can never really tell if your points are making a difference. The rate of banking can be fast or slow as well for no apparent reason, meaning you can somehow come from behind to win when it looks like a lost cause. How, I've no idea but I've both done it and had it done against me. 

• Upvote 1

Great thanks for the info.. :) This is one of those games where I'm having a ton of fun but never quite sure how everything works.... Just going with the flow and trying to learn as I keep playing... Constant state of amusement and confusion in equal doses when playing at the moment though :)

• Upvote 1

Anyone still playing this? Managed to get to level 31 playing a mixture of single player and online...

During multiplayer anyway of working out which drivers are AI bots and which are real (other than Gamertags?).  Sometimes the game seems to hang between sesions with a "waiting for other players" message appearing guessing its due to some real people dropping out and the game trying to find new players?

Guessing with this game not doing so well and the fact that I have the XBox version (which will have probably sold less than PS4) the online is going to be fairly quiet.. which is a shame as its a great game to play. Had a few great battles "catching the zone"...

37 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Anyone still playing this? Managed to get to level 31 playing a mixture of single player and online...

During multiplayer anyway of working out which drivers are AI bots and which are real (other than Gamertags?).  Sometimes the game seems to hang between sesions with a "waiting for other players" message appearing guessing its due to some real people dropping out and the game trying to find new players?

Guessing with this game not doing so well and the fact that I have the XBox version (which will have probably sold less than PS4) the online is going to be fairly quiet.. which is a shame as its a great game to play. Had a few great battles "catching the zone"...

I should think the XBox side will be busier due to the recent free weekend and it being fresh in the minds of those enjoying it - with the ranked matches PS4 side seems busy enough though MP isn't my thing really so it may just have seemed really busy :D Streaming channels are regularly updating folks with the new additions, as and when they happen, so I'm thinking a few folks are playing the MP alright.

I'm still on most days but with the replays available and needing to work through them before finishing, I'm not progressing as fast as I used to - at lvl 115 now; but definitely still present.

• Upvote 1

The game is fun and I've just bought it. For one thing I've played enough of it for it to deserve that (I got to L59 in the time I played), and the little I played of Ranked on Monday was interesting and, while I think it's too little too late, I'd like to see how it goes. Ultimately it just seems a bit half baked, and I can't shake the feeling of it being a few side modes to a proper racing game really. There's an awful lot of little things wrong with it, largely because there are so obviously many stats you never really see any of them so you never know what impact you're having. This has even bled into Ranked, where if you up a rank, or retain a rank, or lose a rank you really have no clue as to exactly why - same as ever. It's things like that that I'm baffled are so opaquely presented, it all seems so basic after all the data is undoubtedly there so why not show it?  Easy win for a positive feedback loop, surely.  Saying that, it is close to being brilliant in a few ways so they've got to be lauded for trying at least, even if they've failed to pull it off. 

• Upvote 1

In a case of spectacularly poor timing - which does kind of fit Onrush in general really - literally two days after buying the game I've now won a copy for Xbox One. I'll offer first dibs on the code to @Mortis given he was definitely playing it during the free weekend, as evidenced by the bastard wiping out my bike in a ranked switch game on Monday :hmm: If he owns it already or isn't interested, then I'll offer it up for whoever fancies it. 

• Upvote 6

Oh I should probably say for those not on the right Twitter, he's joined Project CARS devs Slightly Mad as Game Director on what he only describes as "A project".

• Upvote 4

I have been playing this thanks to gamepass and while it's fun enough it can be pretty frustrating when you crash due to not seeing properly ahead. This more of a problem when you activate your Onrush and can't see much at all. Also I feel sometimes you get taken out by an opponents car and there is no way you can possibly avoid it. 

On 24/10/2018 at 16:20, Skull Commander said:

Oh and it has a REALLY repetitive soundtrack which isn't even that good in the first place. 

I quite like some on the tracks

Anyknow if the vinyl is coming out soon?

On 24/10/2018 at 16:16, Skull Commander said:

I have been playing this thanks to gamepass and while it's fun enough it can be pretty frustrating when you crash due to not seeing properly ahead. This more of a problem when you activate your Onrush and can't see much at all.  

Yup.  This is the same reason why I loved Burnout but hated Burnout Paradise. OnRush does have fewer things to watch out for though 

OnRush is nice enough.  I've only played it for an hour so far.   It's not grabbing me like the best games do.   Will carry on giving it a whirl though.  Maybe I'm just not in the mood today. 

On 18/11/2018 at 09:53, Salsa Party Animal said:

Picked it up yesterday for XBOX One. Is it enhanced for XBox One X. Now I got to order XBOX One X on Black Friday week. 

Great game... and now on game pass too....