Rushy

ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

13 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Pure was an awesome game! 

It was fucking amazing, the track design was excellent with some really well balanced multiple paths and the verticality was occasionally vertigo inducing. The upgrade/mod system was simple and accessible but at the same time varied enough to make a noticeable difference so making use of different setups was fun rather than baffling. And finally, the stunt/trick system was awesome and actually useful rather than being an utter chore. And it played like a dream. Ace game.

• Upvote 2

Yeah Pure was one of the underrated gems of the 360 era. It was so fun to play and the tracks were joyous and challenging in equal measure. It nailed the ATV thing better than any other game and I was hoping we might get a chance of a sequel of some sort one day (yes, I know it'd never happen). This though looks like it could scratch that itch.

I loved Pure too - have fond memories of it.

I think the couple of responses (sorry ipad quoting not working for some reason) to me saying I hate MotorStorm and Driveclub handling are interesting and show the dev dilemma on racing games - not sure there is any other genre as divisive on controls as in what one person loves another finds a game breaker.

Motorstorm was the first PS3 game I got, I'm really looking forward to a spiritual successor. Especially if it has split-screen and mud physics and exploding karts and 18-wheelers and a boost that makes you explode and

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

Motorstorm was the first PS3 game I got, I'm really looking forward to a spiritual successor. Especially if it has split-screen and mud physics and exploding karts and 18-wheelers and a boost that makes you explode and

...was called Motorstorm 2 :D

• Upvote 2

I may be in the minority but Apocalypse was up there as my favourite of the entire Motorstorm series. Always felt it was a bit under appreciated. 

Yes it was bastard hard, with unforgiving ("dubious") AI but when it was good it was OH SO good! 

• Upvote 2

Looks promising, been waiting for something like this to come along on current gen platforms. Cause its definately a genre that has lacked this gen.

Thats why i have had to go back to my 360 for my arcade racing goodness. Pgr4, burnout paradise, outrun, daytona, sega rally, split second, ridge racer 6, the list goes on.

Heres hoping to 60fps.

Definitely up for this. Racing has got a bit too sim for my liking this past few years, even so-called simcade ones aren't fun enough. I was playing Artic Edge on the PS2 just recently.

4 hours ago, U-1 said:

I may be in the monitory but Apocalypse was up there as my favourite of the entire Motorstorm series. Always felt it was a bit under appreciated. 

Yes it was bastard hard, with unforgiving ("dubious") AI but when it was good it was OH SO good! 

Pacific Rift improved upon Motorstorm significantly and was excellent, but the direction they went with Apocalypse was so up my street and magnificently implemented. Second only to F-Zero GX for pure maximum assault on the senses hardcore arcade racing. I mean look at this shit.

dxl2rs.jpg

Great to see Codemasters looking like they're finally making me a decent arcade racer. It surely will be with the Evolution guys on it. 

Obviously it's very much like Motorstorm and they're going more over the top and arcade than Pacific Rift, but in a different and possibly more forgiving direction to Apocalypse.  Makes sense.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, U-1 said:

I may be in the minority but Apocalypse was up there as my favourite of the entire Motorstorm series. Always felt it was a bit under appreciated. 

Apocalypse was great as was Pacific Rift, can't really decide which I prefer but the destruction events in Apocalypse were amazing, even today.  The great thing is that each entry in series were quite different from each other so they each have their strengths.

As for the difficulty I think they got a tad easier as the series went on, I remember being unable to finish the tour in PR (there was just one track that I couldn't master, the barn/farm one) but I did manage to platinum Apocalypse.

Motorstorm is my favourite racing series and I would snap up a remaster in a heartbeat.

Anyway back on topic, very much looking forward to Onrush in the summer.

17 hours ago, Gotters said:

Hopefully the Codemasters influence will add a better handling model to the game - for all their graphical sheen I found the MotorStorm series (and Driveclub) very poor to play, it was like next gen graphics with an old digital PS1 handling model. 

i thought the handling in driveclub was brilliant. so like you say it's a bit subjective.

• Upvote 2

Very happy to see this. Great news and good to see Evo back in a form.

This actually reminds me just as much of Burnout Paradise, Pure and Mad riders.... as it does Motorstorm.

No bad thing of course...all great games.

On 01/11/2017 at 02:05, spatular said:

i thought the handling in driveclub was brilliant. so like you say it's a bit subjective.

It is fantastic. Straddling that balance of sim and arcade. Enough there for the best drivers to get the most out of the cars on time trials etc but forgiving enough so that anyone can throw supercars round corners while drifting.

Still feels and looks brilliant now.

Yeah Driveclub is just all-round stellar. One of my all-time favourite racers. It feels very much like a PGR game to me, in fact it's my favourite PGR game, ahem. I hope a good chunk of Evolution are over at Codemasters because from WRC through to DC they put some of my most beloved racers together. Hoping a vein of Motorstorm flows through this in a big way.

• Upvote 2

Yeah Driveclub was okay.. I may have played it a little bit ;) 

As for Onrush.. saw one tweet comparing it to Motorstorm mixed with SSX. Which from the brief footage shown so far looks like a pretty good fit. EIther way the fact we are getting a pure arcade racer in 2018 can only be a good thing. 

• Upvote 2

Please Rushy no loot boxes.

I just want good tracks, thumping soundtrack, dust,dirt,water, ,Pacific rift handling,decent AI. Just want to put my headphones on and grin like the silly old loon I am.

Can you fit in a blue sky or two.

Ta.

• Upvote 3

Oddly enough the trailer left me a bit cold but that screenshot does wonders for me lol. Hopefully it'll play as good as it looks. 

Looking good. From the trailer I got the impression that the tracks were gonna be kind of "constructed" and very arcadey (i.e. Wipeout stylee) but from these screenies it looks a bit more like open "real world" tracks ala MotorStorm? Enlighten us dear Rushy!

DUzlZqYUMAAiB-s.jpg&key=7a3a57f89644061b

ONRUSH_1080_wallpaper.jpg&key=d456b12bf6

This is such a contrast though. I hope the full game lives up to the art as that's pure SSX bliss. 

The team behind MotorStorm and Driveclub has announced a 5th June release date for Onrush, its shiny new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One racing game.

Onrush pre-orders are now live for both platforms. Put your money down on PS4 and you'll get access to a beta in May.

There's also a PS4 Deluxe Edition with extra vehicle designs and other gubbins.