Rushy

ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

Very, very, very happy. Fucking love Motorstorm, right down to Arctic Edge and RC. I still play all the games to this day. Looks like a PS4 Motorstorm.

• Upvote 1

This looks like good fun, much better than all those po-faced, serious racing games we've had recently. The shunting of the other racers and all the flying debris feels very Burnout to me, which is very much a good thing. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.

• Upvote 2

Looks fantastic Rushy. Can't wait to play it!

As well as the Motorstorm vibe, the PS2 gem Rumble Racing popped into my head when I watched the reveal trailer. All those rolls and tumbles.

• Upvote 1

Great news Rushy, I'm glad you guys seem to have been left to do something new rather than used on Codies more standard projects. With the quality of previous Evolution titles I know this will be totally worth the wait. I'm in.

• Upvote 4

Onrush is out in summer 2018 for PS4, and Xbox One.

not sure why there’s only a PS4 tag on the thread you’d think the dev would know what they’re making it for.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Empathy 7

Definitely in! I liked Motorstorm even though I wasn't a huge fan (my reactions aren't quick enough for those instant forks in the road) but the options for arcade racers are so limited these days. 

1 hour ago, Yoshimax said:

not sure why there’s only a PS4 tag on the thread you’d think the dev would know what they’re making it for.

Sorry, I put the tag and title in afterwards. Fixed now. 

Hopefully the Codemasters influence will add a better handling model to the game - for all their graphical sheen I found the MotorStorm series (and Driveclub) very poor to play, it was like next gen graphics with an old digital PS1 handling model. 

I know they weren’t meant to be Gran Turismo but stick the Burnout Paradise or Criterion Need For Speed handling model in MotorStorm and the game would have been far more to my liking, they always felt too ‘stiff’, which particularly felt at odds with the great terrain in MotorStorm. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1