rllmuk
Lorfarius

AMIGArama Podcast Episode 87: FIFA Int Soccer

15 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I will have a look at those at some point though I've never really been a fan :(

The perfect time to have your mind changed then!

• Upvote 1

Liked the DM podcast. Was the first one I've listened to so good to hear the "hi guy" again.

Disagree strongly about the magic system though. Imo it's the finest magic system implemented in a CRPG. Sure it takes getting used to but I remember the spells to this day and can probably still fire off a fireball in under a second. The symbols actually all have meanings which if you learn them make the spells very easy to remember. But they were in the manual and I get that modern gamers don't want to learn a load of symbols to cast spells in a game these days .

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Liked the DM podcast. Was the first one I've listened to so good to hear the "hi guy" again.

Disagree strongly about the magic system though. Imo it's the finest magic system implemented in a CRPG. Sure it takes getting used to but I remember the spells to this day and can probably still fire off a fireball in under a second. The symbols actually all have meanings which if you learn them make the spells very easy to remember. But they were in the manual and I get that modern gamers don't want to learn a load of symbols to cast spells in a game these days .

Cheers :) I've been back to the magic system since getting a copy of the manual. Much easier to use!  Thnk I'm just used to visual clues for stuff we get these days but it lacks.

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Is anyone excited about that A1200 Viking board?

Potentially. I'm always interested in this kind of thing but it has to be something very special to compete with the original hardware or just emulating on PC or Raspberry Pi.

• Upvote 1

Jump aboard a flight over the Amazon, no life raft in sight as Joe King takes the controls in Flight of the Amazon Queen.

https://amigarama.podbean.com/e/amigarama-episode-10-flight-of-the-amazon-queen/

2uy3nnl.jpg

I'm also trying something new! This is my first attempt at gaming footage alongside the podcast and yes... that's me playing, gameplay starts at 1 min 40 seconds:

https://youtu.be/Reld6l3Y_y8

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dave7g said:

Enjoyed the Batman episode, had it for c64 back in the day, was still a good version though. Music in it was great too. 

I had the Speccy version. I always prefered the side on version for driving:

56 minutes ago, dave7g said:

You'ld think the Batmobile would have decent enough steering without the need to use the batrope to turn left.

I think it has a turning circle the size of Heathrow :lol:

In other news... people really, really like Batman. This has turned out to be the quickest turn out for listeners I've had so far! Whilst the likes of Rome AD92 get very little attention :( That poor game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dave7g said:

I've listened to all of them so far. Maybe some more movie tie ins would get more listens? Robocop, Addams Family etc.

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, most of them are pretty terrible :lol:

5 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I think a lot of amiga owners had batman thanks to the A500 Batman pack.

The big one will be New Zealand Story! Surprised that wasn't the system seller to be honest.

5 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, most of them are pretty terrible :lol:

The podcasts not that bad mate :P

Although some of the movie tie ins were pretty bad for me it was still amazing comparing them against what their Speccy counterparts were like. I owned Robocop and Batman on the speccy and seeing them on the Amiga blew my mind back then.

39 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

The podcasts not that bad mate :P

Although some of the movie tie ins were pretty bad for me it was still amazing comparing them against what their Speccy counterparts were like. I owned Robocop and Batman on the speccy and seeing them on the Amiga blew my mind back then.

I forgot about Robocop!

Would anyone be interested in.... a weekly radio show about Amiga music? It'd be me talking briefly between songs and picking an hours worth. Probably stream it via Youtube or something similar on the site.  Think it will take a lot of planning but seems like it could be fun but not sure if people want something like that?