rllmuk
Lorfarius

AMIGArama Podcast Episode 86: Pit-Fighter

Enjoyed the last couple of episodes, part of my retro podcast rotation now :)

Don't think I've ever seen or heard of Dreamweb before but it sounds really interesting, going to give it a go this week. Keep up the good work!

28 minutes ago, Nick_L said:

Enjoyed the last couple of episodes, part of my retro podcast rotation now :)

Don't think I've ever seen or heard of Dreamweb before but it sounds really interesting, going to give it a go this week. Keep up the good work!

Seems to have been a popular game though it's like one of those dirty secrets no one likes admitting to playing :lol:

I remember getting the demo on Amiga Format but not getting very far in it. Don't think I got on with the controls much, plus I think it was a bit late on in the Amiga's life, I may have even turned to the dark side by then and had a PC as well!

Set sail on the seven seas with a touch of a rubber chicken (with a pulley in the middle!) in one of Lucasfilm's finest its the 4th episode of the AMIGArama Podcast, covering The Secret of Monkey Island.

Link

2iivknq.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

Another good one Lorf and like you I never played this back in the day. I jumped straight to the likes of ishar and black crypt. 

I keep hearing a lot of good things about Black Crypt, I'll have to give it a go when I've got some free time.

You weren't there maaaaaan. We didn't care one bit about the lack of an in-game intro or music, in fact, we were that absorbed we didn't even notice.  Good episode, I'm glad you enjoy Dungeon Master. 

Things are still ok between us. 

8 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

You weren't there maaaaaan. We didn't care one bit about the lack of an in-game intro or music, in fact, we were that absorbed we didn't even notice.  Good episode, I'm glad you enjoy Dungeon Master. 

Things are still ok between us. 

Aye, will be sticking that one in regular. Was up late last night playing it :lol:

Just now, Lorfarius said:

Iill have a close look at that one, not really sure what to make of it!

It might be a bit close to Dungeon Master (which you've just done), as it's effectively a sci-fi version of the classic Dungeon Master / Eye of the Beholder-style RPG. But it's an amazing game, and for my money the best Amiga game full stop. Even now, it's incredibly atmospheric - the sound and music are haunting and evoke the bleak atmosphere perfectly, and the level design is nicely intricate.

1 minute ago, K said:

It might be a bit close to Dungeon Master (which you've just done), as it's effectively a sci-fi version of the classic Dungeon Master / Eye of the Beholder-style RPG. But it's an amazing game, and for my money the best Amiga game full stop. Even now, it's incredibly atmospheric - the sound and music are haunting and evoke the bleak atmosphere perfectly, and the level design is nicely intricate.

At first I thought it was a bit like Gloom :lol: I did have a look at that over the weekend but it was pretty clunky on my 8MB rig. Might be one to tackle when I get a Vampire.

2 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Shadowlands looks weird, is it a bit like Heroquest?

Nope.  It's more like an action roleplaying game than a board game.  It's good fun, apart from the footsteps.

Well, I say it's good fun, I haven't played it in twenty years.

Spent a couple of hours with Settlers and Kings Quest 6 (feck that game, insta death bollocks). Settlers is almost hypnotic, once that music kicks in I couldn't seem to stop playing. It's like it lulls you into a false sense of "just 2 more minutes" then an hours gone.

Settlers was always a personal favourite.

Another great late era strategy game was K240, colonise asteroids, strip mine them for all their worth then attach massive engines to them and crash them in to your enemies colonies.

• Upvote 1