Lorfarius

AMIGArama Podcast Episode 51: Walker

2 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I was surprised by the CD32 controller, I found it much better than I expected it to be. It’s certainly an odd design though.

The Comp Pro Honeybee controller fetches silly money these days, but I believe there’s a guy making brand new SNES-style controllers for around £30 which might be worth investigating.

I love my 32 it’s such an odd machine!

That d-pad is such a horror, doesn't hold up to proper play, god knows what they were thinking when kids got them in their hands.  These are the new pads:

http://www.indieretronews.com/2018/02/procon-cd32-third-party-gamepad-for.html

• Upvote 1

So my new microphone arrived and after some messing about I finally got it setup. This thing is sssooo amazing! The sound is just better and there's a nifty headphone jack on it so I can listen to my own voice and playback from the same device. Makes it so much easier to edit and record different things. Very chuffed!

37157843_1891685584457298_4032135007089721344_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 15/07/2018 at 08:49, Lorfarius said:

Must be Sunday which means... another new episode! Today I'm really going back in time to take a look at the Prince of Persia.

Link

Don't you mean "going back in the day"?

• Upvote 1

Promised this ages ago but proud to present the Simon Phipps Interview special.  The guy was a pleasure to talk to, really knows his stuff and we went over all of his Amiga games and time at Core: 

https://amigarama.com/episodes/amigarama-episode-39-simon-phipps-interview/

I also did footage for all the games discussed in the episode so pretty packed this week!

• Upvote 2

It’s been a few weeks since I last listened to the show, so this week I ploughed through the Simon Phipps and Prince of Persia episodes.

The Simon Phipps one was probably your best yet and I hope you’re able to get further Amiga celebrities in the future.

Thanks also for your review of the Ultimate Guide to Amiga PD Games, I contributed to this but didn’t supply half as many reviews as I would have liked.

Funally, thanks for the South West Amiga Group plug. We had 25 of us. The largest number yet. We need to get you along to this event.

Thanks for all your hard work. It’s really appreciated.

On 28/07/2018 at 07:41, roberthazelby said:

It’s been a few weeks since I last listened to the show, so this week I ploughed through the Simon Phipps and Prince of Persia episodes.

The Simon Phipps one was probably your best yet and I hope you’re able to get further Amiga celebrities in the future.

Thanks also for your review of the Ultimate Guide to Amiga PD Games, I contributed to this but didn’t supply half as many reviews as I would have liked.

Funally, thanks for the South West Amiga Group plug. We had 25 of us. The largest number yet. We need to get you along to this event.

Thanks for all your hard work. It’s really appreciated.

Thanks Rob! I'm slowly getting used to it and things are changing for the better :) Been talking to a couple of developers in the background and I'm hoping now I've done one a few more might come forward. 

The book was a great read and wasted away a day at work :lol:  Give me a nudge when you do another event, sure I will still be around this time next year!

• Upvote 1

So this is ... the 40th episode!  Wanted to do something special and always have a few listener requests and decided to dig into Zeewolf this week.  I'm hoping people will notice the editing is getting better, I'm sinking so much time into making it sound right and this will be the last one on the old mic setup.

https://amigarama.com/episodes/amigarama-episode-40-zeewolf/

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Give me a nudge when you do another event, sure I will still be around this time next year!

Our next meet is at The Swindon Makerspace on Saturday 29th September, from noon to 5pm. Most people usually meet in the greasy spoon next door from 11.

You'd be very welcome.

Here's a quick walk around our last meet where the temperature was around 38 degrees inside!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, roberthazelby said:

Our next meet is at The Swindon Makerspace on Saturday 29th September, from noon to 5pm. Most people usually meet in the greasy spoon next door from 11.

You'd be very welcome.

Here's a quick walk around our last meet where the temperature was around 38 degrees inside!

Think I'm already off to a gaming market that weekend, I'll see what happens!

• Upvote 1

I'm really enjoying the Flashback episode. I'm most of the way through the podcast and should finish it this evening.

You sound really passionate about this title. It's great to hear you talking so enthusiastically about it.

Just a suggestion for future episodes. Could we have a musical interlude using music from the game you're using? The Flashback title screen music would have been perfect for this episode (you may use it in this episode, but I've not heard it yet). It would break up your review nicely.

Just a thought. This is now one of my favourite podcasts.

27 minutes ago, roberthazelby said:

I'm really enjoying the Flashback episode. I'm most of the way through the podcast and should finish it this evening.

You sound really passionate about this title. It's great to hear you talking so enthusiastically about it.

Just a suggestion for future episodes. Could we have a musical interlude using music from the game you're using? The Flashback title screen music would have been perfect for this episode (you may use it in this episode, but I've not heard it yet). It would break up your review nicely.

Just a thought. This is now one of my favourite podcasts.

I always stick them in right after the news but sadly this one is incredibly short, the whole games music is like this. A lot of the time developers just constantly loop a section over and over. I do love this game just works on so many levels.

Just glad you enjoying them, been working on what I think is a great couple of episodes this week.

Jim Sachs has been in touch about the DOFC episode, first of all to say he watched the full episode and that the history section was wrong. He sent this through which will come up in next weeks show:

RJ Mical was not the game designer, he was the programmer. Kelly Beck was the game designer, and did zero coding. The music was written by Jim Cuomo, not Bill Williams. I did 90% of the graphics -- I just hired all those other artists to do some brainstorming and initial art ideas. None of these people had ANYTHING to do with Defender II. That was entirely a one-man production. I did all the design, art, programming, and music.

A lot of the time I'm using sources online as well as magazine articles so not always possible to confirm details (I have tried with a couple of games but a lot of times I just don't hear anything back). More surprised than anything that he put up with my accent all the way through :lol:

• Upvote 2

Defender of the Crown is an Amiga classic, but I remember seeing this on the CDTV and thinking "this is the future of gaming"

You can also burn the ISO and play on a CD32.

I didn't get to play it until years later, but the C64 version is quite good too.

• Upvote 1

Got a few games that I'm poking around for future shows. Beneath a Steel Sky is well up there and I haven't covered a graphic adventure since episode 10! I've also been spending far too much time with Rise of the Robots. Just eurgh. At least the history is more interesting that the actual game :lol:

• Upvote 1

I didn't play a huge array of Amiga games, but I was very enamoured of Robocop 3. Just if you're looking for odd/good stuff to choose :)