rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshimax

GAF Meltdown - owner accused

Yeah, it's safe to say that the communities are gone now. The ResetEra sign-up process seems like a clusterfuck. Looks like you have to prove that you were a somebody on NeoGAF before being allowed in. And Emily Rogers of all people is on the admin team. Might as well get Denis Dyack on there as well.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Yeah, it's safe to say that the communities are gone now. The ResetEra sign-up process seems like a clusterfuck. Looks like you have to prove that you were a somebody on NeoGAF before being allowed in. And Emily Rogers of all people is on the admin team. Might as well get Denis Dyack on there as well.

Where is the sign up process? I am pinning my hopes on this ResetEra being a decent GAF-replacement, but it sounds like they are taking on the elitism of GAF right from the get go. Possibly they just want to protect against an initial influx of GamerGaters.

13 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

What's the link?

Just now, SozzlyJoe said:

Where is the sign up process? I am pinning my hopes on this ResetEra being a decent GAF-replacement, but it sounds like they are taking on the elitism of GAF right from the get go. Possibly they just want to protect against an initial influx of GamerGaters.

They're vetting people who are on their Discord servers by the looks of it and then opening it up gradually.

22 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

First time I've ever heard somebody say something that negative about Rogers. Since when the hell did she become a Gator like Dyack?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

The ResetEra sign-up process seems like a clusterfuck. Looks like you have to prove that you were a somebody on NeoGAF before being allowed in.

That sounds like the worst idea in the world.

3 minutes ago, HarMGM said:

First time I've ever heard somebody say something that negative about Rogers. Since when the hell did she become a Gator like Dyack?

A Gator? She had a reputation on the forum for bullshit rumours. Not sure she was ever on the forum herself. I admit that the Dyack comparison is a bit harsh, as he was actively shitposting on the forum himself. But yeah, seems off.

• Downvote 1

From posts Ive read on neogaf the new site is currently being built, they are inviting in the kind of guys who do those 'Official' topics to have some content there for when they offer open invites.  Some even suggesting today for open invites.

12 minutes ago, buizel said:

No. 

MajesticGrayJoey-max-1mb.gif

A Gator? She had a reputation on the forum for bullshit rumours. Not sure she was ever on the forum herself. I admit that the Dyack comparison is a bit harsh, as he was actively shitposting on the forum himself. But yeah, seems off.

If you're talking about Rogers her rumors of around the Wii U, then yes, I'd say you're right. Quite a bit of rubbish there. However, with the Switch she was bang on the money. She was the first to leak that Nvidia were involved and that the Switch would not be using x86 architecture and would be closer to an Xbox One in terms of raw power then to the PS4. And even with the Xbox One she said that it was stretching it quite a bit. Trying to keep everyone's expectations in check.

If anything, she's been the most reliable leaker next to Eurogamer in regards to the Switch.

1 hour ago, SozzlyJoe said:

This post reminded me of one of my pet neogaf elitism hates - deriding someone's opinion/post because they 'only' have junior member status.

Then I also remembered someone from rllmuk starting a thread there about our very own Internationally Renowned Idiot @Timmo remotely purchasing a British Cop Skin pack while playing Dark Souls 2 and Sony refusing to provide a refund - that one really brought out the pro-corporation side of some people. Great days :seanr:

I think they have to be ultra strict on sign-ups to begin with because right now they're public enemy number 1 for 4Chan/KotakuinAction/rTheRedPill...etc who are all champing at the bit to bring the place down before it's even opened.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I’m on another invite only forum and it works really well, so I’ve high hopes for ResetEra. If lowly members like me get invites I’ll give them out on here, but only if you pass my strict as of yet undecided worth test.

Test me!