rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

80 From the 80s: The Bonus Chapter: Running Scared (1986)

Yes I think it’s listed as one you might like if you enjoyed 48 HRs. To be honest I only called it the bonus chapter as I wasn’t sure what else I’d call it.

Great read, that. I thought of Running Scared the other night. Never seen it but remembered a clip on Film 86 which looked fun and hip followed by Barry Norman being dismissive of it.

Is it on any of the streaming services I wonder?

• Upvote 1

Not sure about the UK, but in Australia it's on Stan (similar to Netflix but with better 80s movies). I got my wife watching it last night as she hadn't seen or even heard of it.

It's a really entertaining movie. Doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything like that, but it's fun and funny.

I remember watching Running Scared on TV when I was about 12. I thought it was brilliant and always looked out for it in the schedules but never saw it come round again, or even heard anything about it anywhere. After a while I started to think I'd got the name wrong or something, so elusive did it seem to be.

My main memory is that whatever city it was set in (Chicago, I now know) looked fucking freezing.

Great write-up, @Goose.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Fireproofradiator said:

Great read, that. I thought of Running Scared the other night. Never seen it but remembered a clip on Film 86 which looked fun and hip followed by Barry Norman being dismissive of it.

Is it on any of the streaming services I wonder?

Netflix.

• Upvote 1

Just watched it. Nice little film. By the numbers with some good quips hiding away in therw. Yeah, get it watched. 

"Hey, tell him we didn't kill that guy or we'll kill you too."

• Upvote 1

It's got some great dialogue:

Lab guy: This is real shit. This coke is pure shit. 

Ray: It's good shit, right? 

Lab guy: I mean bad shit. 

Ray: Bad shit like, 'This shit is bad?'

Lab guy: It's shit shit. This shit isn't worth shit.

• Upvote 2