rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FishyFish

The New Mutants

I quite liked that trailer but I bloody Illyana Rasputin and the New Mutants  so may be biased. 

Everyone acts all angsty about when they first used/realised their powers (which is fine, it was quite common back in the day and I'm sure in Bobby and Rahne's case it's very faithful)...then you get to Illyana and she's all "I killed 17 people" *shrug* and I'm sold.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nick R said:

And it's been delayed again. At least this time there's a good reason.

No Time to Die, Fast and Furious 9, A Quiet Place 2, Mulan, Peter Rabbit 2... what next? :omg:

A good film? I jest. That said, I'm amazed Mulan is (well, was) tracking for a $90m opening. I thought people would be pretty sick of Disney's 'live action remake' bullshit by now, but apparently not. Also, from the trailers it looks dull as hell, whilst simultaneously spoilering all the important plot beats of the film.

I reckon lots of small to mid-budget films are going to die a death thanks to Covid-19, sadly, but Disney stand to make a fucking mint. If they release their big titles when the worst is over and people are feeling more hopeful and desperate to return to society, they'll make a killing. Hell, even New Mutants might turn a profit.

2 hours ago, Treble said:

I reckon lots of small to mid-budget films are going to die a death thanks to Covid-19, sadly

Cinemas might struggle too. I don't know what their finances are like, but presumably the big Odeon and Cineworld chains can weather any downturn in attendance, but if it goes on for a while I think small independent cinemas will be in trouble.

Also, from that list of delayed movies I think No Time To Die will be a good film... though I seem to be one of the few here who think that!

On 12/03/2020 at 23:26, Pug said:

Black Widow?

Guess - The only two of those films ever coming out are Mulan and Peter Rabbit 2.

the others either have loads of killing, unfortunate references to death in their title, or a too soon fictional dystopia.

• Empathy 1

It's an interesting theory, but you'll be amazed how quickly will shake things off and forget. I agree some films will deffo never see a cinema release now, though.

November/Christmas will be packed with delayed releases, and some films will definitely change to straight-to-VOD

1 hour ago, Treble said:

It's an interesting theory, but you'll be amazed how quickly will shake things off and forget.

Yeah; after 9/11 a few films were delayed, but within a few years later blockbusters were back to toppling skyscrapers and exploiting the imagery of clouds of ash and plumes of smoke on the skyline.

On 14/03/2020 at 10:46, Nick R said:

Yeah; after 9/11 a few films were delayed, but within a few years later blockbusters were back to toppling skyscrapers and exploiting the imagery of clouds of ash and plumes of smoke on the skyline.

Famously the Bourne Identity had a new ending and beginning filmed due to the concerns about 9/11 and the film being seen as too “anti-American” but they ended up sticking with the original scenes and it ended up doing not too badly...

It's now scheduled for 28 August. Global death rate permitting, I suppose.

The film's opening, followed by trailer. Starts at about 24:10, if the timestamp doesn't work on the embed.

• Upvote 1

On 14/03/2020 at 09:17, Treble said:

It's an interesting theory, but you'll be amazed how quickly will shake things off and forget. I agree some films will deffo never see a cinema release now, though.

November/Christmas will be packed with delayed releases, and some films will definitely change to straight-to-VOD

well, they’ve got to have something to show at the cinema in late 2021.

Perhaps... The New Mutants with the original cast.

before The Slightly Faded and Jaded Mutants in 2025.