Qazimod

Edge #312

Split out Qazimod's post into a new super-duper-official Edge thread. 

Mario - 10 Obviously

Destiny 2 - 8 No

Absolver - 8 - Seems about right

Marvel v Capcom - 6 Sure

Steamworld Dig 2 - 8 Yes

Project Cars 2 - 8 Sure

Divinty: Original Sin 2 - 9 Aye

Starfox 2 -5 No idea

Metroid Samus Returns - 6 Yes

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to read this issue. Obviously for the Mario review but Steamworld Dig 2 too, a great little game.

The making of is also a good one this month as I've just started playing Stardew Valley.

Samus Returns is Nintendo's only real misfire this year. Shame that, I'll still play it though, eventually.

Yeah four is overkill it is only another Mario game. I've hidden the split out thread & locked one of the others.

The other thread should stay open. It will fall away itself naturally.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Split out Qazimod's post into a new super-duper-official Edge thread. 

Mario - 10 Obviously

Destiny 2 - 8 No

Absolver - 8 - Seems about right

Marvel v Capcom - 6 Sure

Steamworld Dig 2 - 8 Yes

Project Cars 2 - 8 Sure

Divinty: Original Sin 2 - 9 Aye

Starfox 2 -5 No idea

Metroid Samus Returns - 6 Yes

I assume Starfox 2 is a minus 5, because it really is that bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Standard cover is a million times better.

(Great news, I found something to moan about).

Pleased with the Destiny score because it's in line with the scoring of Splatoon 2. Thought they'd go higher.

36 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Samus Returns is Nintendo's only real misfire this year. Shame that, I'll still play it though, eventually.

You know a games company is on fire when Samus Returns is regarded as being their one comparative dud for the year.

That 6 is harsh. I liked Samus Returns a shit tonne. It's maybe a 6 out of 10 Metroid, but that simply means it's an 8 out of 10 when weighed against other genres ;)

• Upvote 6

Just now, Jolly said:

Standard cover is much nicer. Bit of a shame.

Feels like this is intentional to prompt some double-dippage from Nintendo fans.

My conspiracy cap is always on.

33 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It's such a shame that the vocal minority's view of Samus Returns seems to be influencing people's attitudes, like yourself. I said as much in its thread. The overwhelming majority of reviews and player opinions of the title is extremely positive. Go check out the neogaf thread for those feels. I'm deep into my play through of it and it's a brilliant game imo.

• Upvote 3

I put my back out playing Samus Returns one rainy Sunday afternoon. Hours upon hours hunched over the 3DS, eyeballs throbbing from the (superb) 3D, and back absolutely fucked. Barely able to walk for the rest of the week. All worth it.

• Upvote 4

I have no interest in the game they've covered, but "The Long Game" is a welcome feature - an updated look on an older game that's still being played. I know websites and magazines have done features like this a billion times before, but it complements the day 0 opinions of reviews and accommodates the deeper, more varied experiences that fall outside of your typical 12hr linear cinematic titles.

• Upvote 1

It's kind of amazing that they've reviewed Starfox 2... a 'new' SNES game being reviewed by a proper publication in 2017. :lol:

Has this hit the streets yet?

13 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I have no interest in the game they've covered, but "The Long Game" is a welcome feature - an updated look on an older game that's still being played. I know websites and magazines have done features like this a billion times before, but it complements the day 0 opinions of reviews and accommodates the deeper, more varied experiences that fall outside of your typical 12hr linear cinematic titles.

How does the format of the Long Game differ from Time Extend?

18 minutes ago, K said:

How does the format of the Long Game differ from Time Extend?

It's designed to sit between Timex and Still Playing. There are a few reasons for it. We don't tend to review DLC, for instance, and this lets us cover it without taking review space away from something else. 

We also did a couple of Timexes last year that I wasn't happy with - Siege is the one that sticks out - because we weren't telling a complete story; the game was (and is) still expanding and changing. That's what The Long Game is for - a shortish check-in on a living thing. 

• Upvote 3