SeanR

grindmouse disagrees with everybody about everything (was: new Mario game in "Edge 10" shocker (was: the next issue of edge is delayed))

You may be wondering where your copy of the new issue is; we’re afraid we’ve had to ask the printers to sit on it for a while in order to respect an embargo. It’s a rare, but often unavoidable, consequence of delivering you a true world exclusive. It should be landing on your doormat in the next few days.

I wonder what the embargo is?

11 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

If so, breaking the embargo on Zelda didn't cause any harm then.

Or: it probably did, if they are being careful about doing it again!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Found this on Twitter. Spainish Egde apparently. Or someone is good at photoshop.

297BD4EB-A21D-4841-B526-73B4A1DAD858.thumb.jpg.42b77483823907b97a9eaac91be6784a.jpg

Why would you decide to release a paper magazine for the first time in 2017?!

22 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

If so, breaking the embargo on Zelda didn't cause any harm then.

Depends on the embargo. Sounds like they've been offered the exclusive but there will still be rules.

I can't see past it being a Mario review either, Edge and Nintendo seem to have a very good relationship in terms of giving them early access to review code recently. 

• Upvote 2

Christ I hope not. Fair enough I can see why they'd want to crow about reviewing the newest 3D Mario on a new console first but they already covered it a month or two back and slapping a shiny 10/10 on it before anyone else hardly feels good enough to warrant a hypey "..true world exclusive" brag.

Details on something we know little about or a reveal of something exciting and new or they can fuck right off. (translation: Suffer the frowning of a lifetime from my porcelain throne)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

According to Google translate something like 'Nintendo has transformed the most famous face in videogames'. Not convinced that cover is real though. Issue #1 and the month saying Oct-Nov don't seem right. Don't Edge just usually stick one month on the cover?

That said it's a damn good bit of completely pointless fakery if it isn't real. 

• Upvote 1

I cancelled mine a month ago but they've just billed me again, so I guess I'll read the inevitable amiable 10/10 Mario review when it eventually turns up. Hope it's as good as Littlebigplanet -_-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2