rllmuk
kerraig UK

Harvey Weinstein and other Hollywood predators

47 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Woah, I had no idea they’d brought Captain EO back.

Apparently it's gone again now but, yeah, Jackson's death basically wiped the slate clean for a lot of people. It returned as a tribute from 2010-2015. 

https://www.themarysue.com/lena-headey-harvey-weinstein-impact/?

Lena Headey has become an icon to many of us through her social media presence, no f***s given attitude, and witty answers to all our pressing questions about Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones.

So why has she been pretty much off our radar before all of this? Maybe because, earlier in her career, she shut down advances from Harvey Weinstein when she was working on two television shows with the Weinstein Company. Shortly after she laughed at his remarks about her and declined to go to his hotel room, she had a dry spell until Game of Thrones. Mysterious!

Headey talked to the Sunday Times about the situation and realizing that maybe turning down his advances impacted her career in a way she hadn’t realized before:

“After he was discovered to be a slime ball, on a grander scale than me just knowing it, I did start thinking, ‘F—, maybe because I didn’t shag him, that’s impacted a decade of my working life. Because I did two jobs for [Weinstein’s production company] Miramax before those incidents, and after that there was nothing.”

Of course, the Weinstein Company denies the claim, though, stating that Headey is talented, which … Yes, of course. We know that, but if she’s so talented, why was there a dry spell in her career after this happened?

“Lena Headey is a terrific actor with smart and resourceful agents, as her role for the past eight years on Game of Thrones confirms. There was never anything other than a professional and respectful relationship between Ms. Headey and Mr. Weinstein, and any other assertion is absolutely untrue.”