rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

Harvey Weinstein and other Hollywood predators

1 hour ago, MDY said:

Kricfalusi messaging his accuser.. (the woman he'd been dating prior to moving in with him when she was 17)

Jesus fucking Christ. As for lawyers, LOL, I think he's pretty much done himself with all the talk about it not being his fault she was underage.

21 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Wasn’t that whole massive post prior to yours full of posts explaining how much of the show was nothing to do with John K?

I watched Baby Driver the other day, for the first time since all of the revelations. Spacey is great in it. He’s still a massive fucking dick in real life, but the film is great and so is his performance. Personally I don’t have an issue separating the two things, but I can understand how somebody more closely affected by his cuntishness could struggle. 

Baby drivers ruined for me more than any other due the relationship between kevin and baby...since he was about the same age as the kid spacey assaulted

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Who he?

Animator/creator of Ren & Stimpy.. 

The initial accusations etc. are a page or so back..  (Ryodi's post - March 29th)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MDY said:

Kricfalusi messaging his accuser.. (the woman he'd been dating prior to moving in with him when she was 17)

It's worth pointing out that even in that twitter feed there is doubt as to whether that is actually from John K (see Robyn's first reply).

26 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Whats the thing about putting ‘trigger warnings’ on twitter posts? I’m so out of touch...

It's to warn people who have PTSD about a particular subject (in this case, abuse) that they might not want to read something that explicitly refers to that subject.

Though "content warning" is now getting more common as it doesn't carry a specific medical meaning and because "triggered" became a punchline.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Trigger_warning

This is a novel solution by someone accused of sexual misconduct in rehabilitating their image.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/charlie-rose-will-reportedly-host-a-show-about-metoo.html

It appears that Charlie Rose has plotted his post-#MeToo comeback. According to “Page Six,” the veteran TV host who was accused of sexual misconduct by 17 women will star in a show where he’ll interview other powerful men brought down by allegations.

Rose’s plan for redemption was revealed at a WNYC Q&A this week by writer-editor Tina Brown, who was reportedly asked to produce the series about men embroiled in sexual-harassment scandals, such as Louis C.K. and Matt Lauer.

Brown confirmed this to “Page Six” the night of the Time 100 Gala, saying that she turned down the offer, but said she couldn’t remember who was behind the show. Various guests at the WNYC Q&A told the publication that it would be a “Netflix show,” but another source denied this.

In November 2017, eight women accused Rose of misconduct in a report by the Washington Post, which prompted nine additional women to late come forward. According to the alleged victims, Rose groped them and walked around naked in front of them, and in late November 2017, he was fired from CBS.

Rose has not yet commented on the reported show.

https://www.themarysue.com/bill-cosby-and-roman-polanski-expelled/

The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have voted to remove Bill Cosby and Roman Polanksi from its membership ranks, finally.

The decision was made on May 1st and Harvey Weinstein was expelled from the Academy last year after exposés in the New Yorker and New York Times detailed years of sexual harassment allegations against the now-disgraced mogul.

The full AMPAS statement as shared by Variety:

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ Board of Governors met on Tuesday night (May 1) and has voted to expel actor Bill Cosby and director Roman Polanski from its membership in accordance with the organization’s Standards of Conduct. The Board continues to encourage ethical standards that require members to uphold the Academy’s values of respect for human dignity.

In addition to this, Yale rescinded Bill Cosby’s honorary degree, something they have never done before.

The official statement released by Yale said that it is committed to “the elimination of sexual misconduct and the adherence to due process,” and that their decision was based on “clear and convincing evidence” from Cosby’s retrial on three counts of aggravated indecent assault.

“The decision is based on a court record providing clear and convincing evidence of conduct that violates fundamental standards of decency shared by all members of the Yale community, conduct that was unknown to the board at the time the degree was awarded.”

Other universities to do the same are Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh; Boston College in Boston, and Notre Dame in South Bend.

edit. Polanski is rules lawyering on this one.

https://www.themarysue.com/dear-roman-polanski-fing-stop/

Polanski’s legal team are trying to use AMPAS’ rules and regs against them. According to Deadline Hollywood, Polanski’s lawyer, Harland Braun says that AMPAS is acting in opposition to their recently adopted Standards of Conduct, saying that:

“Roman was just mailed the letter which on its face violates Rule 5b of their own rules. We plan to ask the Academy to follow its own rules which is to give Roman 10 days’ notice to present his side. We were prepared but were blindside by their violation of their own standards. We had ready over 300 pages of documents, two documentaries, and Samantha Geimer would have met with them. What did the 56 members read and observe?”

"Roman was just mailed the letter which on its face violates Rule 5b of their own rules. We plan to ask the Academy to follow its own rules which is to give Roman 10 days’ notice to present his side."

"Fair enough Roman, just pop on down to our LA office whenever you're ready."

• Upvote 6

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/may/10/georgina-chapman-harvey-weinsteins-ex-wife-breaks-her-silence?CMP=soc_567

Fashion designer Georgina Chapman has spoken publicly for the first time about the scandal surrounding her ex-husband Harvey Weinstein, telling the June issue of American Vogue that she never suspected the disgraced film producer of the multiple sexual assaults of which he has been accused.

The interview will be interpreted as an attempt to rehabilitate Chapman’s fashion brand, Marchesa, which was tainted by its association with Weinstein. This week, the brand controversially secured its first A-list endorsement since the scandal, being worn at the Met Gala by Scarlett Johansson.

“Absolutely not. Never,” she replied, when asked if she had suspicions, adding that she has “never been one of those people who obsesses about where someone is.” She later says: “I had what I thought was a very happy marriage. I loved my life.”

Bit of a shit thing for the writer to assume that her business would be tainted because her husband (allegedly) did awful things. Why should the partner who is also a victim here have to take on some of his burden?

I've read gossipy implications on Twitter that it was a marriage of convenience where she was aware, but he bankrolled the label and coerced his clients into wearing it.

All scurrilous and unfounded chatter of course, but so was the Harvey stuff for so long.

7 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/may/10/georgina-chapman-harvey-weinsteins-ex-wife-breaks-her-silence?CMP=soc_567

Bit of a shit thing for the writer to assume that her business would be tainted because her husband (allegedly) did awful things. Why should the partner who is also a victim here have to take on some of his burden?

Whilst I agree it should not be an assumption, a quick Google suggests the brand has suffered insofar as it has not participated in New York fashion week. Now, I'm no gospel on fashion (and whether or not attending or not attending a fashion event is big or not) it's not out of the realm of possibilities the brand has been negatively affected by the allegations. That's not the same thing as saying it should have been affected but if it has been negatively affected then it might be fair to mention it.  Indeed, most of the major reports on this story describe in some form of a publicity comeback for the brand. 

I want Louis CK back. He's funny as shit, and so far as being a creepy weirdo goes, he's the thin end of the wedge. What he did was by no means ok, but at the same time I don't think it should be a career killer.

I'd be happy for him to give out a few mea culpas, promise to cut the gross shit out, and get back to making with the funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I want Louis CK back. He's funny as shit, and so far as being a creepy weirdo goes, he's the thin end of the wedge. What he did was by no means ok, but at the same time I don't think it should be a career killer.

I'd be happy for him to give out a few mea culpas, promise to cut the gross shit out, and get back to making with the funny.

He's an unfunny irritating cunt. I hope he never shows his smug git face again.

9 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

He's an unfunny irritating cunt. I hope he never shows his smug git face again.

His stand-up is the least interesting part of him, and I doubt he'll ever return to it. As a writer and director, he's a genius. His series Louie was a masterpiece.

12 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

His whole 'act' is based on being a creepy weirdo, only we now know it's not an act. 

• Upvote 2

If anyone wants to see the most cringeworthy example of a damage control, woe-is-me, blame my mental illness (for which I've been seeking help!), non-apology "apology" so far... well, you're in luck:

Here's a summary:

1. "Remember all the good times we had? I remember those fun times, do you?"

2. "I'm still great, I can still make great artwork, and isn't it a shame that this unfortunate business has robbed the world of one more chance for me to prove it?"

image.png.6aff596558c0dbb03c97ef4a9d96eeb5.png

image.png.645904da0f6c50f03a7b50cfe53f964d.png

Robyn Byrd's response thread:

• Upvote 1

On 11/05/2018 at 21:32, mansizerooster said:

I was never a fan, but he had some funny bits.

Not sure how I feel about it all. But he should own his mistakes and earn his redemption,

• Upvote 1

On 12/05/2018 at 18:21, Stanley said:

His whole 'act' is based on being a creepy weirdo, only we now know it's not an act. 

I saw this clip a few months ago from i think the bacon theater set in 2011 and it seems pretty clear he's being as confessional as ever but in a way that is charismatic and likeable and worded well with no sinister vibe to it. It's so absurd people can't take him seriously sure, but he's clearly drawn to certain subjects over and over, one being the male penis and jerking off. You can see how his mind works. It all becomes irrelevant if he gets a laugh, and since he turned inward with his material and gained success he kept pushing it. 

I hadn't seen that set, but for anyone who had i can't believe they were shocked by his layest admission. So all his close friends who have seen every comedy set he has done and known him for decades, to profess surprise..ok. 

I don't care personally, and i think audiences won't either. His 2017 set has some of the finest material of anyone ever (imo) and people put their enjoyment over being moralistic. 

• Downvote 1