Harvey Weinstein and other Hollywood predators

13 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Another guy who gets his rocks by wanking in front of disgusted/terrified women. Allegedly. 

Seriously though, why is *that* the common kink among these freaks?

How do they identify the disgusted women to do it in front of?

*cough*

http://gawker.com/5894527/which-beloved-comedian-likes-to-force-female-comics-to-watch-him-jerk-off

Which Beloved Comedian Likes to Force Female Comics to Watch Him Jerk Off?

Male comedians are weird. They jerk off all the time, and then go on stage and talk about jerking off all the time, for money and laughs. But our nation's most hilarious stand-up comic and critically cherished sitcom auteur adds a thrilling twist to his onanistic escapades: He traps unsuspecting women in his hotel room and makes them stick around until he's done.

We've heard from several sources that this shameless funnyman whips it out at the most inopportune moments, often at times when his female companions have expressed no interest in watching him go at it. A representative example: At the Aspen Comedy Festival a few years ago, he invited a female comedy duo back to his hotel room. The two ladies gladly joined him, and offered him some weed. He turned it down, but asked if it would be OK if he took his dick out.

Thinking he was joking (that's exactly the kind of thing this guy would say), the women gave a facetious thumbs up. He wasn't joking. When he actually started jerking off in front of them, the ladies decided that wasn't their bag and made for the exit. But the comedian stood in front of the door, blocking their way with his body, until he was done.

One of the ladies was so shaken by the episode that she complained to the festival's organizers about the comedian's behavior. She promptly received a call from his extremelypowerful manager explaining that, if she valued her career, she would drop it. She valued her career.

When we contacted the victim to check out the story, she wrote back: "first of all, your facts are wrong. and secondly, i don't want to be a part of this story. i'm sure you understand." When we asked her which facts were wrong and if the incident ever happened at all, she wrote: "please don't contact me about this matter anymore. Breast of luck to you."

When we reached out to the extremely powerful manager, he put the comedian's publicist in touch with us. After a lengthy and detailed phone conversation, the publicist agreed to ask the comedian about the incident. Weeks went by and we heard nothing. When we followed up with the publicist, he replied: "Sorry for delay but I never heard back from [him]."

If you've ever come across this jerk-off (or if he's ever come across you!), please let us know. He's lucky no one's called the cops yet.

That article is from five years ago. Now, obviously I’m not saying that this is anything to do with Louis CK as that would be libelous. But I wonder who it might be referring too?:sherlock:

What manages to piss me off more then the assault, it's the fucking enabling and ostrich behaviour that gets encouraged. 'Don't say anything, just look at what happenend to the Cosby women'. I mean, give me a fucking break here.

Happy to see this shit getting out. Hope the people that stood by this bastard get burned too. Bastards.

2 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Another guy who gets his rocks by wanking in front of disgusted/terrified women. Allegedly. 

Seriously though, why is *that* the common kink among these freaks?

1 hour ago, clippa said:

Oh, they had a bad childhood? Well that changes everything. It's hard to know who the victims are now.

It must take a hell of a lot of willpower to get through each day without angrily masturbating in front of frightened women. I salute you, brave soldiers.

I loathe that excuse. There are loads of victims of abuse out there who don’t engage in this sort of behaviour and never would.

What happens when that excuse is trotted out is that survivors of childhood abuse are less likely to seek help for fear of being labelled as well as increasing anxiety among survivors that they are doomed to become abusers.

On 08/11/2017 at 09:35, clippa said:

It pains me to say it because I respect his work, but no Jodorowsky yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Topo

Aaaah, that's alright then :unsure:

I'm all for capturing realism, but have faith in your actors, maybe, especially if they've been raped before and can go to that place for the role. I don't want to come across as frivolous, but, even less reason to actually rape them, maybe?

Did he ever consider actually, you know, acting?

Every single one of these (Sheen, CK, Weinstein etc) has been pretty much named or strongly hinted at years ago on sites like Crazy Days and Nights or Blind Gossip.

The Sheen/Haim was a regular one and they even said a week or so ago expect Haim's mother to come out denying It was Sheen who did it after some "convincing" from certain parties, and what is in the papers today...

Their success rate has been bang on so far with this subject so i'm getting my popcorn ready for when the "yacht girls" start getting named as I think the mud slinging is gonna start as a distraction to say "hey look, these women aren't saints you know!"

On 08/11/2017 at 09:35, clippa said:

It pains me to say it because I respect his work, but no Jodorowsky yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Topo

Aaaah, that's alright then :unsure:

I'm all for capturing realism, but have faith in your actors, maybe, especially if they've been raped before and can go to that place for the role. I don't want to come across as frivolous, but, even less reason to actually rape them, maybe?

Fucking hell that's vile.

16 hours ago, clippa said:

Oh, they had a bad childhood? Well that changes everything. It's hard to know who the victims are now.

It must take a hell of a lot of willpower to get through each day without angrily masturbating in front of frightened women. I salute you, brave soldiers.

I know what you mean, but it's not excusing the act, but trying to understand why someone would want to do something so pathetic and shameful in front of a watching person. I can't wrap my head around explicitly degrading yourself. There's got to be a lot of self hatred there to repeatedly do these things. 

2 hours ago, dfq23 said:

Every single one of these (Sheen, CK, Weinstein etc) has been pretty much named or strongly hinted at years ago on sites like Crazy Days and Nights or Blind Gossip.

The Sheen/Haim was a regular one and they even said a week or so ago expect Haim's mother to come out denying It was Sheen who did it after some "convincing" from certain parties, and what is in the papers today...

Their success rate has been bang on so far with this subject so i'm getting my popcorn ready for when the "yacht girls" start getting named as I think the mud slinging is gonna start as a distraction to say "hey look, these women aren't saints you know!"

Of course but actual allegations now vs rumours innit. It won't just be the yacht girls, it will be the yacht boys as well :(

True but I wouldn't be surprised to see stories alluding to how certain famous women are okay to be "sexually harassed" by very rich  men on yachts in the Med or. from the other side, how they were forced in to it like the story a couple of weeks ago about the Pussycat Dolls which has also been a very well known rumour for years.

I think there is a lot more of these allegations to come as there are some much much MUCH bigger names that could be dragged into this now the floodgates are opening, and there is supposedly proof such as flight records and known links to Jeffrey Epstein, just like Spacey who despite denials at the time regarding his relationship with  the  convicted paedophile has since turned out to be perhaps less than honest...

5 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

True but I wouldn't be surprised to see stories alluding to how certain famous women are okay to be "sexually harassed" by very rich  men on yachts in the Med or. from the other side, how they were forced in to it like the story a couple of weeks ago about the Pussycat Dolls which has also been a very well known rumour for years.

I think there is a lot more of these allegations to come as there are some much much MUCH bigger names that could be dragged into this now the floodgates are opening, and there is supposedly proof such as flight records and known links to Jeffrey Epstein (just like Spacey coincidentally)

Well in regards to the Corey Feldman thing, if Moby Dick is who all of these BI's have been pointing to over the years, it's no fucking wonder he is afraid to name him because there was no way in hell that he ever would have been believed back then and possibly even now

https://www.themarysue.com/cancel-louis-ck-and-ed-westwick/

While it’s come out that many of those involved with Louis C.K.’s film I Love You, Daddy (a film that now feels incredibly, disgustingly autobiographical) refused to participate in promotion for the film after the NY Times broke a story detailing the comedian’s history of preying on women, film distributor The Orchard has now decided to cancel the theatrical release altogether.

I Love You, Daddy‘s premiere was canceled shortly before the NY Times story was published, and has since released a statement saying “The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of ‘I Love You, Daddy.'” Additionally, Deadline has reported that Netflix will no go forward with a second stand-up special, saying “Louis’s unprofessional and inappropriate behavior with female colleagues has led us to decide not to produce a second stand up special, as had been planned.” Collider reports that all Louis C.K. programming has been scrapped from HBO as well.

Similarly, two projects that include Ed Westwick have been put on hold indefinitely. The actor who might be best known for his role on Gossip Girl was accused of rape by both Kristina Cohen and a woman named Aurélie Wynn, and is currently under investigation. The BBC has announced that Ordeal by Innocence, an Agatha Christie adaptation, will not air as previously planned.

If you're curious about I Love You, Daddy there's a great review here https://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonwillmore/im-sorry-women?utm_term=.ocdR7m4d9Y#.kj6Jdaxv97

C.K. has described I Love You, Daddy, which he shot on the sly this summer, as a film he expected would piss some people off. But in light of C.K.'s alleged past behavior, and the fumbled apologies he reportedly made to some of his victims in the years since, the movie plays more like a stroke of self-immolation. It’s the work of a man who's been expecting consequences to come calling, and who decided to lean into the coming anger with a have-to-hear-all-sides affront that inadvertently echoes so many of the excuses and denials that men adjacent to or accused of misconduct have offered up in the past few weeks.

While we're quoting Buzzfeed they've summed up the whole Louis CK thing here https://www.buzzfeed.com/scaachikoul/louis-ck-supposed-to-be-one-of-the-good-guys?utm_term=.hywxewXlAR#.gg9Ekl7b3D

In his 2013 HBO special Oh My God, Louis C.K. does a bit about how courageous straight people have to be to go on dates. “The male courage, traditionally speaking, is that he decided to ask,” he says. “Everything in your body is telling you, ‘Go the fuck home and jerk off, don’t do this.’” But a woman’s courage, he says, is in merely accepting. “How do women still go out with guys when you consider the fact that there’s no greater threat to women than men? We’re the number one threat to women, globally and historically — we’re the number one cause of injury and mayhem to women. We’re the worst thing that ever happens to them.”...

This self-awareness was comforting, for a while: He knows he’s terrible, we thought, so he must somehow be one of the good ones.

It’s not especially comforting now....And the fact that C.K. spent years making jokes that showed he knew exactly how threatening and how damaging men’s sexual aggression could be to women only makes the revelation of his own behavior feel more like a personal betrayal.

With more and more coming out every day I can sympathise with what Laurie Penny was saying in https://longreads.com/2017/11/07/the-unforgiving-minute/

Nobody here thinks that the entire arena of sexuality is necessarily dangerous and violent for women. Actually, no, that’s not true: plenty of people think that. Mostly male people who have spent generations imagining sex and violent conquest as one and the same, fetishizing the two together until the popular erotic imagination left little clear air between passion and assault. Some of us have been on the wrong end of that trajectory for so damn long that we’ve given up trying to find a way to be intimate with men that doesn’t cause us pain or risk our lives, and I imagine that those people, the vast majority of whom are women, do think of the male sex itself as inherently treacherous, unsalvageable, and irredeemably violent.

I'm gutted too, though it's been suggested for a while I think recent times have encouraged women to shout it louder than before  which is a good thing. In my head, I imagine this all happened way early when he came and was going through his sudden rise to fame. In his head I imagine he thought he was being outrageous and entertaining at the time. Without realizing it was abuse of power.

Privately I hope he reaches out to women involved and admit that it was abuse (if he hasn't already). Publicly, I kind of want him to include it in his routines for the next year or so. He has to own it and I do think he can do something with that material as long as he owns it and acknowledges that he is a shit for doing it. I kind of have some faith left in him that he can come back, via talking about it on his shows as well as other shows. To walk away or ignore it would kill his act I think?

14 minutes ago, dfq23 said:

Thank god there's no stories, allegations or rumours about Matthew Vaughan as  that would be the hat trick of X Men directors

Apparently he knocked up January Jones on the set of FIRST CLASS. He was (and still is) married to Claudia Schiffer at the time...