rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
kerraig UK

Harvey Weinstein and other Hollywood predators

10 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

...to accuse Brett Ratner of sexual assault?

I just did a quick google cause i didnt know about Michael Bay (though im aware of his penchant for barely legal tail)

From Megan Fox:

“We were shooting this club scene, and they brought me in, and I was wearing a stars and stripes bikini and a red cowboy hat, and six-inch heels. And they took me to Mike and he approved it. And they said, ‘You know, Michael, she’s 15, so you can’t sit her at the bar and she can’t have a drink in her hand.’ So his solution to that problem was to then have me dancing underneath a waterfall getting soaking wet. And that’s… At 15. I was in 10th grade. So that’s sort of a microcosm of how Bay’s mind works.”

And things get a little bit crazier. In 2009, The Observer’s Jason Solomon wrote about how Megan Fox got her role in the first Transformers movies. “She told me she went to director Michael Bay’s house to audition and he made her wash his Ferrari while he filmed her. She said she didn’t know what had happened to the footage. When I put it to Bay himself, he looked suitably abashed. ‘Er, I don’t know where it is either.’”

An Open Secret, the 2015 documentary about child abuse in Hollywood has been made free to watch until Sunday.

edit...this is the PG but a content warning is warrented. Some people might find the topics discussed distressing.

edit 2: If you're a survivor of child abuse you might want to give this a miss or make sure you're in a good place, it's really really rough.

https://vimeo.com/142444429

In light of the long awaited revelations of sexual abuse in Hollywood finally being reported ESPONDA PRODUCTIONS presents AN OPEN SECRET for free for a limited time . A film about the sexual abuse of children in the entertainment industry in Hollywood. Please support our efforts of raising awareness by sharing with your friends and colleagues. #AnOpenSecret #BeCourageus #ReportIt #LifeGetsBetter. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook @AnOpenSecret.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/01/an-open-secret-hollywood-child-abuse-documentary?CMP=soc_567

When the documentary An Open Secret tried to lift the lid on child abuse in Hollywood, it billed itself as “the film Hollywood doesn’t want you to see”. The marketing tagline did not exaggerate.

The film died upon release in 2015. There was no theatrical release to speak of, no television deal, no video-on-demand distribution.

“We got zero Hollywood offers to distribute the film. Not even one. Literally no offers for any price whatsoever,” said Gabe Hoffman, a Florida-based hedge fund manager who financed the film.

It did not seem to matter that it was directed by an Oscar-nominated director, Amy Berg, or that it uncovered damning evidence of the sexual abuse of teenage boys by figures in the film industry.

“There was nowhere to see it,” said Lorien Haynes, the film’s writer. “I don’t think it impacted at all. Nobody saw it. We released a film that didn’t [seem to] exist.”

Now, two years later, multiple “open secrets” of predatory behaviour are detonating across Hollywood and the documentary that blew the whistle is getting millions of viewers – but still no distribution deal.

Hoffman released the film for free on the video-sharing website Vimeo this month after reports about Harvey Weinstein’s alleged sexual assaults set off a chain-reaction, with James Toback, Tyler Grasham and Kevin Spacey among those accused of harassment and worse.[.quote]

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Stevie said:

Watching that documentary now, not sure if I'm able to finish <_<

I'm about 50 minutes in and I'm finding it difficult.

A few things I've taken from it so far.

-That Different Strokes episode with the bike shop was well ahead of it's time.

-The Bryan Singer X-Men movies are dead to me now.

-I can totally see why the makers of this doco didn't get a distribution deal.

I don't know that Corey Feldman needs to make his doco', it's all pretty much here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gizamaluke said:

I hope this finally outs Charlie Sheen too the sick fuck.

I'm amazed that Bryan Singer still has a career after this.

There's some really brave former child actors interviewed in this.

1 minute ago, Unofficial Who said:

-That Different Strokes episode with the bike shop was well ahead of it's time.

I don't know that Corey Feldman needs to make his doco', it's all pretty much here.

Yeah, the first 3 minutes of this documentary was really disturbing. I completely agree with you on Corey Feldman.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Yeah, the first 3 minutes of this documentary was really disturbing. I completely agree with you on Corey Feldman.

The last few minutes are heartbreaking as well. I'm not sure watching this at 1am was a great idea.

• Upvote 1

Breaking news.

https://www.themarysue.com/warner-bros-ratner-suing-libel/

After five women came forward to accuse Ratner of sexual harassment and assault, Warner Brothers have officially cut ties with the director, says The Los Angeles Times, leaving the fate of their $450-million co-financing agreement unclear. To which we have to say, fuck yeah.

Warner Bros. and Ratner have been interconnected for years with the success of the Rush Hour movies and X-Men: The Last Stand. RatPac-Dune Entertainment, since 2013 helped fund films like Gravity and The Lego Movie, which were both major blockbusters. However, Warner was under huge pressure to act and act fact, rightfully so.

Playboy is also halting any further plans for Ratner to direct a Hugh Hefner biopic (gag), that Ratner announced he was working on last month.

“We are deeply troubled to learn about the accusations against Brett Ratner,” a spokesperson from Playboy Enterprises said. “We find this kind of behavior completely unacceptable. We are putting all further development of our projects with RatPac Entertainment on hold until we are able to review the situation further.”

Ratner filed a lawsuit on Wednesday  against a Hawaiian woman for libel for accusing him of raping her ten years ago, along with ten women he is claiming are assisting her.

KSDK reports that Melanie Kohler, the defendant, wrote in a Facebook post that Ratner “was a rapist at least one night in Hollywood about 12 years ago” and he “preyed on me as a drunk girl (and) forced himself on me.”

Ratner is seeking punitive damages in excess of $75,000 for the “emotional distress, worry, anger and anxiety” he has suffered as a result of the accusations. He has not made any attempt to sue the other actresses who have accused him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

The last few minutes are heartbreaking as well. I'm not sure watching this at 1am was a great idea.

It was hard to watch, but I'm glad I did. I hope all of this creates an unstoppable wave that tears Hollywood down.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

I hope this finally outs Charlie Sheen too the sick fuck.

What needs outed? 

7 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

What does the doc actually say about Singer?  Do they use his name in it? 

They use his name, and that hes a predator. 

5 hours ago, Stevie said:

They use his name, and that hes a predator. 

Good. It's, as the name of the film says, an open secret in Hollywood what he's like and what he's done and he really needs to be named and shamed, as well as punished in a legal sense. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Open_Secret

The film makes multiple references to director Bryan Singer, who was alleged to be at some of the DEN parties,[5] but does not detail allegations against him. A lawsuit alleging that Singer sexually abused an underage boy was withdrawn during the production of the film. The film details only allegations made by persons willing to appear on camera.

That whole sequence about Den was creepy as fuck.

9 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Just watched this myself and the wrap up/where are they now at the end is dreadful.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Just watched this myself and the wrap up/where are they now at the end is dreadful.

Would justice be served? (Ron Howard voice "It wasn't.")

I watched it yesterday as well, thanks for sharing. It's disgusting how incapable the law is in dealing with these people.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Illyria said:

I watched it yesterday as well, thanks for sharing. It's disgusting how incapable the law is in dealing with these people.

Well when you have victims who at the time wanted money & fame more than they wanted justice for the crimes perpetrated against them and, for the most part, kept silent or were bought off.

If they're more afraid of losing money & fame than standing in a witness box under oath and telling their story, the law will be of limited use.

• Upvote 1

Eight current or former "House of Cards" workers claim Kevin Spacey made the production a "toxic" workplace and one ex-employee alleges the actor sexually assaulted him, CNN reported Thursday.

Separately, CBS News late Thursday confirmed that Spacey's publicist, Staci Wolfe, and talent agency CAA have parted ways with the actor in the wake of claims of sexual assault and harassment against him. The news was first reported by Variety.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/kevin-spacey-made-house-of-cards-set-toxic-environment-report/

8 minutes ago, MpM said:

Well when you have victims who at the time wanted money & fame more than they wanted justice for the crimes perpetrated against them and, for the most part, kept silent or were bought off.

Thats a bit unfair. They were/are children.

Edited by Stevie
Content
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MpM said:

If they're more afraid of losing money & fame than standing in a witness box under oath and telling their story, the law will be of limited use.

And what about the guy who was recorded admitting to child molestation and was in and out of prison within 6 months?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Thats a bit unfair. They were/are children.

Well in that case, where were the parents?

I find it hard to believe that, at least some of the children, didn't tell them what happened to them.

25 minutes ago, Illyria said:

And what about the guy who was recorded admitting to child molestation and was in and out of prison within 6 months?

I don't know about that particular case, but my point was more directed at the adult victims.

Jeez, imagine what the set of The Usual Suspects must have been like :wacko:

Do these people aim for these jobs to get access to whatever they need/want or does it come after when they realise what power they have and can exert over other people?

23 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

An Open Secret, the 2015 documentary about child abuse in Hollywood has been made free to watch until Sunday.

edit...this is the PG but a content warning is warrented. Some people might find the topics discussed distressing.

edit 2: If you're a survivor of child abuse you might want to give this a miss or make sure you're in a good place, it's really really rough.

https://vimeo.com/142444429

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/nov/01/an-open-secret-hollywood-child-abuse-documentary?CMP=soc_567

Looks like a good documentary, gunna have a watch. I'm very much into documentaries about the darkest depths of the human psyche...

It's funny (well, its not) that whenever someone is outed like this, the company is like "WE WERE SOOO SHOCKED AND APPALED" etc etc. Everytime. Businesses know, spokespeople know, Hollywood knows and the general public are becoming more aware, yet the response is always the same from PR.

Hopefully I can make it through this documentary - I believe I have thick skin, but there are things even I can't stomach..

1 hour ago, MpM said:

Well in that case, where were the parents?

I find it hard to believe that, at least some of the children, didn't tell them what happened to them.

Explained in the doco. These guys are incredibly good at manipulating trust.

As for the children, most male survivors of child abuse sometimes don't disclose the assualt for two-three decades.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Explained in the doco. These guys are incredibly good at manipulating trust.

As for the children, most male survivors of child abuse sometimes don't disclose the assualt for two-three decades.

I think there's a massive amount of naivety involved with the parents as well, I'd like to think that if I have kids in the future, and some fifty year old agent/manager suggests that my children come and live at their house to further their career, I'd NOPE before he even finished his sentence. There seems to have been a bunch of bad decisions involved, on top of the pure predatory nature of these monsters. I watched the documentary yesterday and was left absolutely disgusted, especially at the end of the documentary where it showed where each of the named people are these days. The entire industry needs to take a long look at itself and actually do something about it. But it won't, because it seems to be such a widespread thing. It's thoroughly depressing.