rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Revival

The C64 Mini

On 13/11/2019 at 12:26, ulala said:

the ps Classic was dogged by poor emulation and poor selection of games.

neither of which seem to apply to this device

what we are getting is a great working facsimile of a full keyboard c64. Just what we have been waiting for.

I've just preordered one. If it's shit, you owe me £100

For those that want something more than The C64 delivers, you might want to keep an eye out on the Mega65. 

It is going way beyond what The C64 delivers so it's more comparable with the Spectrum Next, but essentially a team are working on releasing a version of the fabled Commodore 65, which was Commodore's attempt at a souped up C64 in 1990/91 with a 3.5" floppy. 

The original C65: 

C65alleine_(no_bg)_(balance).jpg.07507b85e4e0876570632b37bbe2e246.jpg

The MEGA (useum of Electronic Games & Art) 65 (http://mega65.org)

grid-portfolio1.thumb.jpg.170109721c33584388b7dae9f5a07893.jpg

Keep in mind that this was supposed to be released in 2016, but like the Spectrum Next it's been delayed, but they've recently created samples from the moulds, so it's hopefully getting close to the end. 

• Upvote 2

I want an Amiga Mini. I still have my a1200 but its a pain to set up and the image quality is trash..

Be great to have a small machine i could load up with games and use with HDMI. Be even better if you could hook it up to the net.. 

• Upvote 2

On 20/11/2019 at 15:02, Darhkwing said:

I want an Amiga Mini. I still have my a1200 but its a pain to set up and the image quality is trash..

Be great to have a small machine i could load up with games and use with HDMI. Be even better if you could hook it up to the net.. 

You could, with a little effort, try something like Amibian:

• Upvote 1

On 19/11/2019 at 08:47, ScouserInExile said:

Just had a notification from Amazon telling me the release date for this has been pushed back a week...

Just received a notification from Amazon telling me this has been pushed back 9 days...

I'm not getting one, am I?