rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bluejam

Massive EBay Retro auction

He has a shit tonne of computers though looking at the sample of the spreadsheet he has posted on eBay.

I reckon if you offered him 5K you would probably get the lot and there may well be much more than that there.  

Would take a lot of time to sort through though.

Paging MikeBeaver :) LOL

Starting from scratch, you could get a really nice retro collection, even at today's prices, for £7500

who needs 10 broken spectrums when 1 perfect boxed example would do, same for nes' etc.

you would even have space for a Neo geo and a few games with that budget.

Is this not just some guy that's hoovered up a load of random shite from car boot sales over the years and has been told by his other half "to get rid of all that crap in the loft, it looks like a cash converters from 1999"?

Hey, stick the term "vintage" (or retro) on it and all of a sudden it's gone from shite to gold!

"Vintage".. the new "L00K! R@RE!" 

15 minutes ago, moora said:

Is this not just some guy that's hoovered up a load of random shite from car boot sales over the years and has been told by his other half "to get rid of all that crap in the loft, it looks like a cash converters from 1999"?

Hey, stick the term "vintage" (or retro) on it and all of a sudden it's gone from shite to gold!

"Vintage".. the new "L00K! R@RE!" 

i agree, its junk that no one in their right mind would actally have spce to keep or money to burn on.

Proof if needed that 95% of "retro" is just worthless. We're so used to seeing people with really nicely-curated collections of genuinely interesting and valuable stuff we forget all the tat that's sloshing around, clogging up eBay, Facebook, car boots, Cash Converters etc. I'm sure we all have our fair share of stuff we look at and think "why do I have this? it's rubbish", and know we can't even give it away, let alone get money for it. This guy is a proper chancer.

These items are the contents of a Computer Games and Exchange Shop which closed down many years ago.  The contents have been stored away since the shop closed and due to the large amount and age of these items I can offer no assurances as to whether these work 

Old broken stock from a shut down shop - £8k. Bargain! 

Had a look at the listing, either he's a fucking moron or chancing it. The boxes he's showing are just filled with Spectrum tat - one box has 8 copies of "Oh mummy" (the one that came free with the +2) and about 10 copies of Horace Goes Skiing. Another box looks like it's full of Sinclair User cover tapes.Maybe the banana boxes are full of the rare gems, but I doubt it.

While it would be great fun rummaging through them, I'd be willing to bet most of those games are worth a quid or so each. Wouldn't surprise me if they've been sitting in a lock up for years and the guy's 'acquired' it thinking, "there's loads of 'retro' and 'vintage' games in there, some mug will pay a fortune for it!" 

I mean all of his auctions start with *wow* and they're all overpriced shite... like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOW-VINTAGE-2-x-3PK-MENS-2-x-IST-FLY-FRONT-BRIEFS-100-COTTON-WHITE-NEW-32-/282668887845?hash=item41d060ef25:g:pZoAAOSwJ-pZuoeD

3 pairs of old pants (*wow* vintage) for £29.99

None of his other auctions are retro games, so I reckon he has just somehow acquired this.