Sign in to follow this  
Baring

Late Night Raid Group 10pm start

Hello, 

Myself, @Cappand @FiniteLight Are looking for 3 mukkers to blind raid with every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10pm for a few hours. I imagine this will last a few weeks to crack the raid.

If you're dedicated and are going into the raid blind then pop your name down :) 

We start this Tuesday for the reset. 

Edit: parents with children that may cry a bit and need settling are welcome haha we are a patient bunch and welcome a drinks break. 

Thanks all, we need someone who can make the three nights every week just a few hours from 10. Once we know how to complete each stage we'll prob do it in one. 

Initially though all going in blind and working it out is going to take a while. 

16 hours ago, kris_doe said:

I'd be committed for Tuesday and Wednesdays, work late on Thursdays though :(

6 hours ago, Gerry Helmet said:

Put me down as back up. Im about this week but away next week mon/tues and then the entire week after. 

1 hour ago, Varnsen said:

I can do that I reckon. Count me in if there's still space. 

What are your psn's? 

(Gerry I have you) 

Ill add add them to group and we'll start Tues at 10 and go from there :) should be fun. 

It was a decent first go. 

I think we have basic premise understood, we need to improve the execution of the strategy. 

Spoilered for anyone not on the team 

Spoiler

For the spotters. 

Take a side and own it, if there is a flower on your side shout it out and it's your sole responsibility to guide us to it. The other spotter needs to keep quiet so we can concentrate on one voice. The quiet spotter should find a spot to able to hit the flower as soon as we're ready

For the pollen monkeys

Pick a leader who does all the talking to the spotters, leads the pack and tells the spotter when to fire

In terms of multipliers.

We've only have x12 and that took 6 guardians the entire 30 seconds to take out 1 beast. Technically we've only got about 20 seconds as we should be heading back to the safe room at that point. 

So roughly if my maths is correct in each round for 20 seconds

With a 12 modifier we could take out 2.5 beasts in 4 rounds 

With a 24 modifier we could take out 5 beasts in 4 rounds 

With a 36 modifier we could take out 7.5 beasts in 4 rounds 

So we need to aiming to hit minimum of 2 beasts per round for maximum damage or we will fail. However there is an assumption that killing them has no effect in strengthening them in someway like the gorgons. 

we have two options split into teams of 2 or 3 or assign a warbeast to each Guardian with the aim of taking 1/3 of a bar per round. Then we need to settle on a modifier that allows us all to hit that damage target. 

Oh and we need to figure out the walking patterns and flower locations

Dead easy 

• Upvote 1

Nice little write up!

A few other points that I think we all know but nice to have it written down to confirm it:

Spoiler

• There seems to be one beast per upper doorway / flower (6 total)
  • When they start to howl the beasts run back to their flower to do it (pretty sure that's what I was seeing happen). and other mini beasts spawn
  • The order of flowers becoming active seems to be based on which crystal is picked up first (right crystal first for left flower) although this could just have been weird randomness.
  • The crystals can only be fired in the light and disappear when you hit spore level
  • You do not have a multiplier bonus with the crystal.
  • The crystal can be used to take out the yellow bar adds
  • The crystal does 218 damage per tick and ticks very rapidly - it doesn't require a reload

Flowers locations seem to be (facing out from safe room): 

• Immediate left behind a pillar:
  • Left middle by the gold discs
  • Immediate right by a pillar
  • Right Middle (fairly far back)
  • Middle between the two arched trees.
  • Far back just past the Middle right one

I'm sure there's some more catchy location names they can be given.

The beast walking pattern definitely seems fixed and pretty much just back and forth between 2 spots.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

So, we need to learn the map pretty clearly, label each flower with a call out. Give the damage modifiers only work at spore level, should everyone jump down to attack a beast? 

Just now, Varnsen said:
  Hide contents

So, we need to learn the map pretty clearly, label each flower with a call out. Give the damage modifiers only work at spore level, should everyone jump down to attack a beast? 

Pretty much,

Spoiler

I think we need all 6 putting out damage, we could test the damage a prism does in 20 seconds and see if they make it easier. I think the prism disappears when the howl starts so we will lose valuable seconds retrieving it, which means it's a non starter. 

It's pure DPS at this point so you need whatever weapon that dishes out the highest DPS, merciless might be a good shout? Along with Grenades that damage over time and equipping anything that prolongs said time.

1 hour ago, Gerry Helmet said:

Hide contents

I think we need all 6 putting out damage, we could test the damage a prism does in 20 seconds and see if they make it easier. I think the prism disappears when the howl starts so we will lose valuable seconds retrieving it, which means it's a non starter. 

It's pure DPS at this point so you need whatever weapon that dishes out the highest DPS, merciless might be a good shout? Along with Grenades that damage over time and equipping anything that prolongs said time.

Spoiler

Merciless is excellent, firing faster and faster provided the enemy doesn't die straight away. Was great to kill the yellow bar dudes at the beginning. 

Glad we cleared that first room, was excellent teamwork.

This room...

Spoiler

We're missing something. It always ends with the ball fondlers failing to impress. Theres a finite amount of time after you pick them up and im not convinced theres enough to get halfway round.

When i was the fondler i noticed on the grid of 9 circles there was one red circle which seemed to be random. Has to be something to-do with the arrows we shoot. Either shot the position it sits first, last, not atall 

Excellent work on the first room, we really clicked quickly there.

Spoiler

Yeah it definitely feels like there must be something to extend the ball handlers time.  You may be on to something with the red hoops.  Maybe you should jump through the circle which is red initially rather than just any circle once the wall opens up?

4 minutes ago, FiniteLight said:
  Hide contents

Yeah it definitely feels like there must be something to extend the ball handlers time.  You may be on to something with the red hoops.  Maybe you should jump through the circle which is red initially rather than just any circle once the wall opens up?

Spoiler

Maybe like you say, there's an order to which the arrows need to be shot and the red circle indicates as you say either that's the first one to shoot.

51 minutes ago, FiniteLight said:

Excellent work on the first room, we really clicked quickly there.

Hide contents

48 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

Hide contents

Maybe like you say, there's an order to which the arrows need to be shot and the red circle indicates as you say either that's the first one to shoot.

It'll be one of those, there is nothing else in play at that time and the fondlers are the ones dying. 

We should just do it in order

Spoiler

Jump through red circle when shield is down 

Shoot arrow position first indicated by position of red circle (top, middle or bottom)

Shoot arrow position last indicated by position of red circle (top, middle or bottom)

Don't shoot arrow indicated by position of red circle (top, middle or bottom)

Spoiler

Do the tokens we got keep after the reset? Are we likely to reach the boss this week? Or is it just the key thing that disappears? I could be up for some raiding on Sunday or Monday evening to try and get a completion.

25 minutes ago, Varnsen said:
  Hide contents

Do the tokens we got keep after the reset? Are we likely to reach the boss this week? Or is it just the key thing that disappears? I could be up for some raiding on Sunday or Monday evening to try and get a completion.

Spoiler

Tokens stay, keys seem to vanish after the re-set. Although that maybe a known bug, I'm going hunting for that chest tonight about 8pm 

Sorry for the slow start last night. Couldn't get in the groove til right at the end. Feel like we could nail both these encounters in under half an hour! 

I went to the chest on my own and got more tokens and decrypted an exotic engram into my fourth pair of lucky pants. I hope this emperor emissary has decent loot for all the tokens.