Oz

D2 Leviathan Team Watermelon

@Scruff@JDubYes

@wretcherd

1. Scruff - Titan - Light 291 (ready to start as soon as we have a team - has no life whatsoever) - will do Monday despite cheating on the weekend.
  2. Jdub - Hunter (yuck) - Light 275 (can start whenever - 'working' from home)
  3. Muz - Titan - Light
  4. Oz - Token Warlock - Light 2723 (can start from 810pm)
  5. Wretcherd - Light
  6. Pretender3 (Chris) - White or Titan? - High and Light 270+ (may have a life - not confirmed)
  7. LATE RAIDER REPLACEMENT WARLOCK - Kansalier (dfo) 

Can you guys let me know light and what time you can continue tonight ? Also, who else am I missing from the team?

I'm still working from home (and actually working today!), so free pretty much whenever. I'm currently 275 light.

You're missing Chris (Pretender3), who I'm not sure actually posts on here, and Rorchord/Roachlord, who is, I think, wretcherd here?

Also, it turns out I don't know how you link people on rllmuk.

20 minutes ago, JDubYes said:

I'm still working from home (and actually working today!), so free pretty much whenever. I'm currently 275 light.

You're missing Chris (Pretender3), who I'm not sure actually posts on here, and Rorchord/Roachlord, who I guess is wretcherd on here?

Also, it turns out I don't know how you link people on rllmuk.

sorry I can only start from 810 but can be rather punctual on that and jump straight into it. no tower bollocks. popping syths or charging headsets and whatnot. left everything ready. :hat:

291 with current gear load out (although I can get to 293 with sub-optimal gear).

Chris isn't on here but I think he's high 270s I think.

I'll be on in one form or another pretty much all evening. Sad, no life loser that I am :(

2 minutes ago, Scruff said:

291 with current gear load out (although I can get to 293 with sub-optimal gear).

Chris isn't on here but I think he's high 270s I think.

I'll be on in one form or another pretty much all evening. Sad, no life loser that I am :(

noted. I will try to get on as soon as possible but can only promise 810. 

5 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Master Race class, so no, not a Hunter.

Speaking of which; Isn't it amazing how much better jdub was at killing yellow bars than the rest of us? :D

2 minutes ago, df0 said:

I am game, but have to start late (after 9:30) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

what's your light Kansa? I assume warlock? 

2 hours ago, Oz said:

Speaking of which; Isn't it amazing how much better jdub was at killing yellow bars than the rest of us? :D

Hunter master race, muthafuckas.

Either that or you should all just bring swords as well. They're the past, present and future of Bather bashing.*

* probably not a euphemism.

• Empathy 1

When did we decide to go in again gents? I want a proper crack at those Cabal dags on a string.

*edit*

Reading through the raid spoilers thread in Gaming (no strats or what we'll be facing, just peoples opinions on the raid ect) it seems the lack of loot is a common topic of conversation and bewilderment as to why they've implemented it the way they have; but, a couple of people have mentioned that there is a chance of the chests after every proper encounter (ie. the pools which we did) to drop loot, not just tokens. A cursory glance at youtube backs this up but it's ( ridiculously IMO) a small chance, not guaranteed as we found out.

Also I looked on Youtube (again, not strats or anything, just about the vendor) and it doesn't appear he's like Xur, which is how I thought it was going to work. Instead of exchanging tokens for an item you want they're basically rep chips like all the other vendors so while you're guaranteed to get some raid loot when you level him up, I guess the chance for dupes will be high and you're going to need a metric fuck tonne to level him up multiple times.

Aesthetically I'm not sure I like the armour either.

Feeling a bit deflated TBH! 

Yeh I am deflated too. I like our team but I am not sure I like this raid as much as I did the other ones. I have the following complaints:

1 not different enough. It is like a cocktail of the previous mechanics.

2 having to repeat encounters. Like the one at the start. It's just filler.

3 the labyrinth design of the place is confusing. Exploring is cool but being lost is not.

4 the loot. Say we don't finish the raid this week. We have to start over with nothing to show.

So what I have now can be best described as a semi. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just hoping that we get another one in December with the DLC drop, although seeing as it's focusing on Osiris, I think we'll get a strike at most :( 

Enormous potential in the game but I'm starting to get deja vu. Come on Bungie, prove me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I'm just hoping that we get another one in December with the DLC drop, although seeing as it's focusing on Osiris, I think we'll get a strike at most :( 

Enormous potential in the game but I'm starting to get deja vu. Come on Bungie, prove me wrong.

I am still hoping this raid will get a lot better. given how much everything in the game has improved I would be amazed if there is not a lot more to this to come. also, really like the variety in the visual design of the place. 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

I am still hoping this raid will get a lot better. given how much everything in the game has improved I would be amazed if there is not a lot more to this to come. also, really like the variety in the visual design of the place. 

I dunno. If we're going by the very heavily emphasised placards, we'll be halfway through the raid after the dags. Sun-Dags-Crossed Axes(swords?) and then I assume, the final boss. Think I read the raid was made by the B-team too which is inexplicable if true. First raid in a new entry to the franchise and you get Trevor the work experience boy to help make it; baffling.

There's bits I like, and there's underwhelming bits, not to mention the loot issue. I think the fact we left it last night after that bewildering wander around the underbelly, rather than doing what we have historically (which is complete a section for the first time and/or have our first crack at a new one) meant we left it on much less of a high than we have in the past, which didn't help.

That said, I am having fun, and it is very impressive in terms of scale and presentation, so it's not all bad, even if I'm not having as much fun as our first trip through King's Fall just yet.

Oh, and I'm ready to go whenever. The shoulder has made venturing into the outside world for any length of time quite unappealing, so I should be available.

Aye.

I'm probably going to try and get another group to go in over the weekend (on my alt) as I figured we wouldn't be raiding until Monday again and want to do some over the weekend. Anyone else have an alt of an appropriate level they want to take in?