rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

The remake you've been waiting for.....LA Noire!

I really enjoyed the first when I got to playing it, think I will pick it up at some point. Won't decide on whether its the switch or ps4 version until I see it first i dont think

The switch version was "leaked" / rumored several months ago so interesting to see it's coming. However, i still think GTA5 would have been a better release for the console by far.

Couldn't get into LA Noire at all.

37 minutes ago, Majora said:

tumblr_m9mn4pjlOd1qen0e0.gif

The interrogation mechanics were wildly inconsistent to the point that they were broken, but it didn't matter anyway. You could get 100% in every case or 0% in every case and it made no difference, you would all see the exact same story anyway. The interrogations, literally the meat of the gameplay, were entirely pointless.

I'll pass, you guys buying it can enjoy one of the unintentionally hilarious games ever made.

You could also skip every action scene.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Sure, everybody would rather have a LA Noire remake over Red Dead Redemption.

Wisdom. I'm gagging for a Max Payne trilogy re-release. Especially the third.

Airport scene, Tears, max volume. YES. 

• Upvote 1

I thought this was abysmal. One of the best examples of review bias you will ever see. The graphics were all over the place, it was boring to play, the rules didn't make any sense and it just was not fun in any way, yet it still got these great reviews cos it was rockstar and you got to drive around like GTA in the 50's and they threw cash at it.

• Upvote 3

I loved LA Noire, I know a lot of muk didn't but it was one of the few games on 360 I 1000G'd (yes, even finding all those damned cars), but never did play either DLC packs in the end. Sure, the interrogation mechanics were pretty broken in places, but not enough to ruin the enjoyment. I would certainly be interested in playing a remake, though not at full price.

12 minutes ago, APM said:

The main issue was that they changed what the choices were called late in development. They weren't supposed to be Truth, Doubt and Lie, they were supposed to be Coax, Force and Lie.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/gamerant.com/la-noire-different-interrogation-options-tao-115919/amp/

Such a bizarre change considering that in no world are Truth and Doubt equivalent to  Coax and Force. 

I do think the issues go deeper than that, as the pieces of evidence the game claims proves a statement often do nothing of the sort, but things certainly would have been more transparent had they stuck to the original terms. 

Very excited by this; I've played the game through twice and never bought any DLC. I do think it's quite an odd re-release though as the game was deeply flawed and the overall mechanics were far too simplistic but inherently confusing for a variety of reasons. Having said that I think Team Bondi absolutely nailed the atmosphere of the time period; I may be slightly unreliable given that I'm a huge noir fan in all forms, but the soundtrack especially gets a listen from me at least once a week still (usually with Rainymood.com on in the background) and I think it's one of the best of the last generation, up there with Red Dead.

So yeah, messy game but I cannot wait to get back into that game-world. 

• Upvote 2

I enjoyed LA Noire and it was one of very few games that I actually finished - though not 100% or any of the DLC. 

Not sure I'd be interested in playing it again though and don't see how it's going to fit onto the Switch. 

I have to say I loved LA Noire. I am a big fan of hard-boiled 1940s detective stuff anyway, and the chance to act it out was amazing. The setting was incredible too (though the city was a little empty!)

Only thing I felt aggrieved about was how it made you get a case wrong just for plot reasons.

But I feel I pretty much rinsed it the first time. Zero interest in a remake :-(

I played the original together with a mate on the couch, funniest game we've ever played for all the wrong reasons.

If this gets released on Switch under £20* I'll get it. Was always interested in it back in the day but never got around to buying it. But can't say I want to drop more than that on it.

*lololololololololololololololololol

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

What was included in the DLC? I never realised it received DLC...

There was quite a lot of DLC. 2 or 3 extra cases, and then the usual special gun nonsense. It migrated to the "Complete Edition" pretty soon though, so you may have played all the DLC and not even realised.

2 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

There was quite a lot of DLC. 2 or 3 extra cases, and then the usual special gun nonsense. It migrated to the "Complete Edition" pretty soon though, so you may have played all the DLC and not even realised.

Nah. I purchased it at launch and would have traded it in within a few weeks.

19 hours ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

I got this game, can't remember If it PS3 version or not. 

Make sure you update us when you figure it out!

• Upvote 3

It was very disappointing for me as it could have been all tied up in a clever way in regards to repeat offending if you screwed up a case or things like that.

It needed some more of the fail states like blade runner, and better deduction and connecting things, much like is mentioned in the recent game makers toolkit video in fact.

I think there's massive potential in games like this but there's often too much 'making a movie' that goes on rather than embracing the medium.

Throw a bit of virtues last reward style replayability/ path choosing and it could be the best thing ever.

33 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Gosh this is an exciting prospect. The first boxed Rockstar game in over 4 years!!

SI6bs.jpg

Red Dead Redemption Remake? Sweet!

• Upvote 1