Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

MW_Jimmy

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

It's weird we've got nostalgia sequels for games that weren't very good in the first place.

No More Heroes is for me, a top 100 game and a true punk rock game. I think an appropriate response is to stick two fingers up to you!

Pretty hyped for this. The trailer sums up what I love about Suda 51 games. Awesome characters, over the top dialogue,  dark humour, cinematic flair, cool artstyle and a generally unhinged flavour. Yes the gameplay is never that great, but you simply never know what's around the next corner and the stories are always mental, interesting and unpredictable. They're frikking cool and aren't afraid to shove it in your face. I can't really remember much about the first No More Heroes except lots of Travis fighting a load of badasses with his lightsabre and a story that seemed simple but ends up being almost as complex and obscure as Killer 7 once you started to untangle it. Looking forward to seeing what madness and epic moments lie ahead!

• 5 months later...

Suda warned everyone ages ago that this wasn't going to be a standard NMH, so this is pretty much what I expected. l rarely play Grasshopper games for the actual gameplay anyway. I'm in it for the weirdness.

Yeah, gameplay looks surface and slight (somewhat unfortunately), but I expect the wraparound storyline to be wonderful.

From that trailer, it reminds me a little of Longest Day, which was Grasshopper excuse for basically giving a little taste of their style.

Not worried, just setting my expectations now.

11 hours ago, Nequests said:

Suda warned everyone ages ago that this wasn't going to be a standard NMH, so this is pretty much what I expected. l rarely play Grasshopper games for the actual gameplay anyway. I'm in it for the weirdness.

Me too (F,S&R FTW!!), but this looks like a cheap cash-in. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

This all just looks lo-fi (read: shit) for the sake of it. I bet it cost more work to dig up all those terrible textures than it would to make new ones. 

Somehow this team, who are sort of supported by Nintendo, managed to scrape together even fewer funds than your standard indie developer?

This looks wonderful. I remember buying into the hype of the wii original and to me it was one of the highlights of that system, despite the slowdown issues etc.

I neglected to play any of the other games in the series though. I am really looking forward to seeing what suda51 pulls out of the switch hardware. I hope theres lots of customisation options for Travis costume.

Just need a Mad World sequel now.