IGNORED

Destiny 2 PC players

PK

@tnman should be able to fire you an invite and/or verify the join request on the bungie side of things. As for the discord, I should be able to ask @Karde to poke his royal nose in here while Oz is off.

A lot of the clan are currently burnt out of the solstice event (or just didn't bother, like myself), so the discord had generally devolved into sending @Larsen B videos from Clickhole. I'm certain that will change as we go into next week, mind.

... As it turns out, anyone can generate invites, including myself. Oops.

https://discord.gg/XJDEqW

As before, I don't think any of us can control the clan itself outside of @tnman, as we share our roster with the Xbox folk. At the very least, I can provide the clan page - requesting access should ping something to our fine friend.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2113424

Just a friendly reminder that Suraya now has clan bounties and completing them gets you Clan XP rather than simply doing world activities now.

Didn't find this out myself until this morning but have now done my civic duty three bounties!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Just got given this for free. I do hope it will run OK on my 2080ti.

Looking at our Discord, @Oz says it's 4K at 100fps.

Might have to turn down some shadow settings for 144Hz :P

(Joking aside, one of the good things of the PC version is that it's very scalable to hardware - the game can run at a decent clip on a GTS450 with the resolution render relaxed all the way up to taxing existing graphics cards when you crank some downsampling)

I will be joining you all soon hopefully. Used to play Destiny on PS3 but stopped after the first DLC. 

The install is taking FOREVER to download though, is this normal? I've used this for Hearthstone and WoW previously and its never been this bad....

1 hour ago, Flams said:

I will be joining you all soon hopefully. Used to play Destiny on PS3 but stopped after the first DLC. 

The install is taking FOREVER to download though, is this normal? I've used this for Hearthstone and WoW previously and its never been this bad....

it does not normally take forever. reset your router maybe? the game is significantly larger than hearthstone mind. join us on discord for coordination and high jinxs. 

https://discord.gg/jrQjbA

1 hour ago, Oz said:

here are some of the resources we we all use.

Do we?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Flams: Pretty much the most important links there are DestinyItemManager and light.gg . DIM's a lot more intuitive to move gear to your character and back to your item storage while playing (and you can have it on your phone!), and light.gg helps you track milestones and quests for Poweful Gear (aka. the shit you can do every week after the campaign's done).

I'm guessing you're just jumping into the base game - Honestly, the base campaign's fun, Bungie shoot-the-mans still feels good, and the re-jigged weapon categories means you'll find a lot more variety in what weapons you use. It's more fun. When you get to the end of the campaign, gis a shout - a lot of the discord group know the Leviathan raid like the back of our hands now, and we've got more bodies in the discord than ever before.

On 04/11/2018 at 09:52, Oz said:

it does not normally take forever. reset your router maybe? the game is significantly larger than hearthstone mind. join us on discord for coordination and high jinxs. 

https://discord.gg/jrQjbA

tried this but link was invalid!

So far I'm getting on ok. Getting better in the crucible and plodding through the story. Its all coming back to me!