Destiny 2 PC players

PK

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Raid Report 20.05.18 - BIG STRONG BOYS

Oh, hello there.

It's been a while since the last report - partly because we all had holidays, played other games, or simply didn't have much to say outside of 5 Man Argos, which even had us all surprised. Since our last attempt at raiding, the following topics have been discussed:

- Getting excited about Rat King
- Getting mad when Rat King was disabled for a week at Warmind Launch
- @Karde having a lovely table
- Banning all games ever

- How great Mr. Libido is in Yakuza 0
- The actual definition of the term 'chub'

Anyway, now that Warmind is out, we've done a couple of more... intense raid sessions. The first involved a full Leviathan (with underbelly) and Eater of Worlds for as much powerful gear we could get our hands on. To be honest, it was a doddle - One-turned Calus with post-warmind gear, and EoW's hardest bit was getting through the rings in the freefall section.

This week, we decided to do things a bit differently - a fast leviathan run with no underbelly, and Eater of Worlds. Of course, nothing else would have changed with a hotfix..

Oh wait, it did

Basically, some odd things were happening in our game. Nothing incredibly serious, but still odd - a lot of the items that were supposed to be suspended in mid-air just... fell on the floor. Psionic Charges and the Pollen Balls, so just general hijinx. A lot of the team were having fun with new toys - @Moodmon being the first of us getting Sleeper Simulant, myself and Karde melting things with Masterwork Crimson, and everyone else having Huckleberry or whatever and having a grand old time.

Calus this week was hard, because of the documented shield bug that came in from the hotfix. Of course, it was less about actually doing the thing and instead being about making sure we had ammo for the massive DPS checks that came from the bug. We got through after a couple of tries, with the successful attempting being done through the skin of our teeth. Still, a better loot proposition than the current state of Heroic Strikes (which we all agree are on the fun side of challenging, it's just there's no incentive to run it after three per character).

Argos died
Yeah, that's about it. Most of the raid lair was Mood talking about punching yellow bars to death. After that, we decided to run...

prestige.jpeg

Oh god what are we doing

Castellum? I hardly knew 'em

In a surprise to everyone, nobody attemped to shoot the guards at the start - It truly was the start of Positively Serious Club. Thankfully, the Castellum segment was fairly simple with some organisation tweaks and a couple more deaths than normal - At the very least, it wasn't like pre-warmind where we was stuck in a half-hour loop of getting our standards robbed. In all, a good showing.

Gauntlet: about as big a mess as the oil tanker

As it was the first time running the gauntlet, it was a wild mix of learning the new mechanics during the gauntlet run itself, having a much tougher time contending with the harder hitting cabal waves, and then some utter bollocks from what seemed to be things simply glitching out (one particularly good one was Mood dying on the last phase of the gauntlet, only to find that the psionic charges wouldn't spawn because of that death and we were stuck in limbo until a forced suicide). after much deliberation, swearing, and some optimal changes to our tactics and loadout, we persevered, and earned SUPER COOL GLOWING ARMOUR! We even got a second chest, because we now always run the challenge method by default (it's more fun).

Dags: Karde-Seeking Modular Wallhax

The second time we've experienced this challenge, and one we were comfortable with. However, we had some technical issues - be it connection, or hotfix based - Where we simply could not go higher than a x12 multiplier because the dogs kept glitching and come bounding towards us with very little rhyme or reason. Again, though, strategy was sound - burn down dogs in first turn, and on second/third turn kill your respective dog and then fall in to the remaining two dogs now situated in rock and tree positions. after a good run (which again, was still odd as we quite literally had to push aside a handler to get to a spore point with no response), they got destroyed.

The baaaaaaaths: Error code - Chub

We had one run. To be fair, it doesn't seem awful at all - we were concerned that the platform call-out after the damage phase meant a time-limited psion punch, but as it turns out it is simply a mechanic to swap initial roles. Phew! That, and the bather oil mechanic doesn't seem threatening at all if you can kill them on their spawn point.

Unfortunately, we really only did have one run - after the first phase, @Oz went back to his home planet because his people needed him. Or, at the very least, his PC did because it started the Windows 10 April Update that stuffed us all from starting earlier. Welp!

Still, we now have a good grasp on the Prestige mechanics up to Calus, and we all have snazzy yellow armour in some form.

NEXT RAID: We're hoping to get some people together on this Thursday, 24th May - Four people confirmed. Roll Calls for: @Mau, @Karde, @sbrandon111, and all you other lovely PC folk.

Because, let's face it:
upQcxBF.jpg?1

We're starting at half 8, as usual.

However, we've currently got 7 people lined up for the raid:

- Siri
- Oz
- Karde

- Larsen
- Steve
- DC

- Sloth

Naturally we'll all be around in case someone drops out, but if we're all here on time then we're going to have to do the unthinkable again.

To gauge interest for a second raid night, I've put myself down for Saturday 26th May in our planner, which means we'll need two for Saturday:

- Siri
- Karde
- Larsen
- Mood
- OPEN
- OPEN

Oh, and if you do need to run through Warmind on PC Stevie, just give us a shout. It's like five minutes of anyone's time :P

They're probably the two people who negged Larsen in the main Destiny 2 thread along with Broker.

1N0UjV3.jpg

I can't say I know them, chief. last person who came into the discord was Black Cat Supremecist - He has a username on our discord similar to Vecuron, but it's quite the stretch.

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Mammas_Boy said:

Hello all. First time posting in this thread but i'm getting very into D2 and I lack a fireteam with a good number. Is it possible for me to join the Rllmuk clan? 

I think if you rub your nipples three times, a wild @Oz will appear and invite you. Be wary, he'll also make you do despicable, deviant things to ensure you never leave the sordid womb of the Positivity Crew*.

*the D2 PC guild.

Sounds creamy @Scruff

The player name is KingCluster. I look forward to an invite! 

I've just grinded my way (solo) through the Hero's Of Solstice missions. I've got myself up to the purple set but there isn't much chance of me getting Masterwork on all these pieces. Maybe for one or two. 

On 17/08/2018 at 13:46, Mammas_Boy said:

Sounds creamy @Scruff

The player name is KingCluster. I look forward to an invite! 

I've just grinded my way (solo) through the Hero's Of Solstice missions. I've got myself up to the purple set but there isn't much chance of me getting Masterwork on all these pieces. Maybe for one or two. 

need your battletag gezzer. did you rub your nipples yet?

this is the discord where we hang out. we play almost every day. 

https://discord.gg/Ntr9v8

been trying to get @Scruff to join the big boy version of the game. but he bought the ultimate pack on PS4 where Mark Noseworthy comes and rubs your balls every time you raid. and you can buy a discounted shirt for 27 dollars. so he is stuck there playing half the frames at twice the price. 

I'll take my balls being rubbed over my nipples any day Ozster! :D 

I can't stomach the thought of re-doing all the content. It's just too much and would burn me out before I even started Forsaken. Alas, there is no character transfer or I'd be there, abusing you in raids like the good old days :wub: 

Spark of Light does come with a copy of Forsaken, thankfully. and unlike (?) D1, it skips the campaign allegedly.

And you won't need Year 1 guns and armour because they'll all be garbage in five minutes of Forsaken's campaign! :facepalm: