IGNORED

rllmuk Overlords [MUKO] - Destiny 2 Xbox One & PC Clan Roster

tnman

7 hours ago, MalevolentPanda said:

We don't really know what the optimum clan size is yet, do we? As Jon suggests, with too many (whatever too many is) any shared stuff earned will just feel like stuff you didn't contribute towards, too few and maybe that stuff won't get earned. There seems little point in worrying about everyone being in the same clan now when none of us have played it and know whether all being in the same clan is even what we want. Why not just all make sure we have people on our friends lists and worry about the clan stuff later?

WHY DON'T YOU WANT ME IN YOUR CLAN PANDA?

On 01/09/2017 at 09:37, metallicfrodo said:

Slightly redirecting the thread a little. I still haven't finished the WotM raid, is there any chance of getting a 6 together on Saturday evening and giving D1 a big send off by running that?

It's my dirty little secret that despite piling hundreds of hours into Destiny 1, I never did much of any of the Rise of Iron stuff and never got near an acceptable light level for the raid. Which is a shame, as I would've been up for a send off, but doubt I could level myself appropriately in time now.

On 01/09/2017 at 11:04, MalevolentPanda said:

We don't really know what the optimum clan size is yet, do we? As Jon suggests, with too many (whatever too many is) any shared stuff earned will just feel like stuff you didn't contribute towards, too few and maybe that stuff won't get earned. There seems little point in worrying about everyone being in the same clan now when none of us have played it and know whether all being in the same clan is even what we want. Why not just all make sure we have people on our friends lists and worry about the clan stuff later?

Agreed, really. And the last thing I want is a hostile takeover or to feel like I'm forcing myself/ourselves on your established group.

We'll see how things go once people start wanting to do the team activities, but until then we'll all still be able to help each other out in meaningful ways.

With all this said, I would still encourage all people to join at least one clan so that we can get an idea of how things work.

23 hours ago, JPL said:

WHY DON'T YOU WANT ME IN YOUR CLAN PANDA?

i want you JPL

14 minutes ago, tnman said:

It's my dirty little secret that despite piling hundreds of hours into Destiny 1, I never did much of any of the Rise of Iron stuff and never got near an acceptable light level for the raid. Which is a shame, as I would've been up for a send off, but doubt I could level myself appropriately in time now.

Yeah I think a lot of people had dropped off by then. I'll be on this evening so if anyone fancies some Destiny (or Halo 5) I'd be game. 

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

Are any of you guys using bungie.net on an iPhone? It's horrible, can't do anything unless it's just me being crap

I'm using the Destiny 2 app, but it's hanging on pretty much everything at the moment. Why aren't you using that? Not that it's in any way usable though.

Updated the first post with the new relevant joining info:

Most importantly, you will need to visit Hawthorne in-game after being approved as a member to pick up the clan banner. Then you will begin benefitting from and working towards the clan rewards, which are:

Clan Level 2: Gain additional glimmer when looting engrams.

Clan Level 3: Increases public event rewards.
Clan Level 4: Improves rewards from eliminating Cabal enemies.
Clan Level 5: Increases the chance of receiving reputation tokens when completing Nightfalls, Raids and Trials.
Clan Level 6: Increases chance of receiving an engram when completing playlist activities with a clan member.

Looking forward to grabbing my flag in a bit and hopefully seeing some of you later on!

Pretty tempted to pick this up considering I jumped into the first one too late on. The thing for me is people to group with, I see there's a decent amount signed in this thread but what are the chances of actually playing and doing stuff together? I only ask because in the past these things have tended to fall apart real quick with people either quitting or forming their own groups. 

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Pretty tempted to pick this up considering I jumped into the first one too late on. The thing for me is people to group with, I see there's a decent amount signed in this thread but what are the chances of actually playing and doing stuff together? I only ask because in the past these things have tended to fall apart real quick with people either quitting or forming their own groups. 

Admittedly I like to do everything once by myself before doing it with others. Then I use my Hunter (my main) to do things again at a high level if I need to help people with anything, or my Warlock or Titan (alts) if I need to 'come down' some levels.

Put it this way if you're tempted now is the best time as you'll naturally have the largest pool of players to group up with. After a long time on Destiny 1 naturally people had fallen away but a core group remained, so you'll still have people to play with just not as frequently probably.

3 hours ago, luckypierre said:

@VarsityMe and Jack have been on every night since release. Zooki started last night and has already caught us up. I don't think it will be an issue for a while. Me and zooki were on solidly for pretty much the whole time with d1 and apart from the last expansion jack put plenty of hours in. This is even better.

Nice one, will probs pick it up late tonight/early 2moro, would be good to actually do some of the content while it's current this time! Only raid I did in D1 was Vault and that was with people with uber gear sometime last month, was cool to look around but kinda defeated the point of progression. Assuming you're looking at running raids etc at some point, is there any class I'm better off going? Didn't play the first enough to have a main really so whatever you think might be more useful :D 

Who are you on XBL btw?

Just now, Kryptonian said:

As noted above, I'm keen for a decent sized pool of players for the raid etc as that ended up being an issue late in on the Xbox on D1.

Aye that;s the reason I picked this one up around launch cos I missed all that first time, definitely keen to give it a proper go. Between this and WoW I aim to be in it for the long haul *serious face*

23 hours ago, Varsity said:

Downloaded last night, begun this morning, GT is ReynoldsM for those interested :)

Yay! Feel free to join the clan. We'd be glad to have you.

20 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

As noted above, I'm keen for a decent sized pool of players for the raid etc as that ended up being an issue late in on the Xbox on D1.

Does it seem like a good idea for a separate raid thread with a list of players?

I'm not sure what the light level for the raid is going to be. Is it 300? With any luck they'll turn on the clan roster on tomorrow's reset so we'll be able to easily see who is ready to go. I'd prefer to keep the Xbox One conversation in this thread to prevent fragmentation of the smaller player base, although it's nice to see we're now 20 members strong and half-way to ranking up the clan already. :)

If I'm at a good light level I'd love to give it a go but I'm not the kind of player that will rush towards that as a goal. Wasn't VoG 280...? Hmmm...

1 minute ago, tnman said:

Yay! Feel free to join the clan. We'd be glad to have you.

I'm not sure what the light level for the raid is going to be. Is it 300? With any luck they'll turn on the clan roster on tomorrow's reset so we'll be able to easily see who is ready to go. I'd prefer to keep the Xbox One conversation in this thread to prevent fragmentation of the smaller player base, although it's nice to see we're now 20 members strong and half way to ranking up the clan already. :)

If I'm at a good light level I'd love to give it a go but I'm not the kind of player that will rush towards that as a goal. Wasn't VoG 280...? Hmmm...

No worries, I reckon it will be at least 260 as a gateway but the recommended level could be higher.

Would you want to put 'and raid organisation' or something in the title too? It's a good point about not fragmenting the Xbox players so if all the rllmuk online Xbox chat happens in here that would be cool. Everyone will level at different rates so it would be nice to have people on hand to take people through it when they want without spoiling it too :)

It'd also be useful to keep it in one thread since people are in different clans, I didnt know which to join after reading the start of the thread so just stumbled into MoS since I had a couple of people on my friends list in it already. Also not everyone will have everyone else on their friends list etc so will be better to try to find out whose wanting to do what/when. Different people available to try a raid at different times/days etc etc ^^ 

@tnman Can you add me to the friends of rllmuk bit on the first page? GT is ReynoldsM